• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool v Leeds United - Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a good job these are shite at the back. Both teams look very dangerous going forward

Just said we needed a setpiece goal in this game.

These are not the best side to play first out of the gate. I said as much earlier in the week. Their fullbacks push up & nullify ours, the press is great, their fitness is fantastic. They'll be beaten often in this league, but they're setup ideally to try to stop us playing our usual game.

I'll be happy winning this any way we can.

Hendo and Gini are not at the races fitness-wise. Shocking defensive breakdowns, the likes of which I haven’t seen for literally years.

On the bright side, Salah and Keita look absolutely unplayable. Such a weird discrepancy between players’ form.

I think our best midfield would be a make up of Fabinho anchoring Henderson and Keita/Oxlade-Chamberlain. That would probably give us more control at the back while not losing the forward impetus we have. Wijnaldum can only perform playing higher up the pitch when we are not expected to attack, which means the opposing team don't push, press and mark us that tightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom