• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool v Manchester United - Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really, really, REALLY didn't like them singing that. Part of the strength of this team, and the fans seemed to follow in their stead, was that they are taking each game as it comes, treating it like a final.

Now we get a load of jinxy meffs singing that in mid-January as a record-breaking City team chase us. The Gods are not going to be happy at all. Did we not learn anything last year? The Rodgers year?

The implosion is going to be the biggest ever. It's literally going to claim lives. I tried to warn you all.

You ok hun? PM me.

So anyway...
This bit of skill by Firmino...wow

Made Wan-Bissaka look like a Sunday league player. Lol

I really, really, REALLY didn't like them singing that. Part of the strength of this team, and the fans seemed to follow in their stead, was that they are taking each game as it comes, treating it like a final.

Now we get a load of jinxy meffs singing that in mid-January as a record-breaking City team chase us. The Gods are not going to be happy at all. Did we not learn anything last year? The Rodgers year?

The implosion is going to be the biggest ever. It's literally going to claim lives. I tried to warn you all.

I thought I was a fucking Moron - but you need help, call me too after @momoWASboss and @LeTallecWiz have talked to you.

I don't like it - as you say later 10 wins in 16 seems like a lot, and is no way a "given". Plus - its mid-January ... its ridiculous to think of celebrating mid-January when your nearest challenger won their last 14 the previous season to stop you, and is coming off record points seasons,
But hearing that song as Salah was celebrating the killer goal against United, I got goose-bumps. Still - one game at a time - hopefully that song will gain in intensity the next several weeks.

Hopefully it won’t and isn’t sung again until we play Everton.

You ok tuts? Stop PM’ing me

I remember it being sung in the 13/14 season and the egg on faces was substantial. I think it is time for it to come out now though.

I remember it being sung in the 13/14 season and the egg on faces was substantial. I think it is time for it to come out now though.

I think it’s only relevant against Utd, City, Chelsea Everton.

Bit small time to sing it to West Ham away like.

My memories (that I've been trying to rid myself of for years) from 13/14 are that it was largely being sung during those epic bus welcomes. This and the 'we are liverpool tra la la la la' song

The song's meant to be a show of confidence, worrying about singing it and being wrong totally misses the point.

If anything it was a bit small time to have waited until we're 18 points clear, but whatever, we all understand the desire for caution.

I'm with you but at this point it doesn't matter. Football ends in May one way or another.

Couldnt care less if they sang that yesterday. We all know the players and Klopp wont be affected, and will take it game by game.

But you can understand why they did it, as Salah scored the 2-0 goal and Anfield errupted.
City drawing, Leicester losing and then beating Utd. It starting to feel like this is gonna happen. Looking at the table I get this feeling I’m playing Football Manager. We’re that boss.

The problem with Ox is - he has moments in games that make him seem very good but nothing so great where we can say he deserves a permanent fixture. He does lose the ball quite often and many of his dribbles dont work out that well. When he scores... then great,, but a lot of the time he goes missing or his contributions are not that impressive like Hendo or Gini.

But he did more of the dirty work against United, which was valuable and quite impressive. He had to aswell, because while we did perform at a high level, United were actually quite good in central midfield, with Fred (especially) and Matic playing pretty well, and doing their best to give United a foothold, or at least some breathing space.

But we didn't allow it, and Chamberlain played his part, with the very impressive Henderson and Wijnaldum.

Last edited:
Couldnt care less if they sang that yesterday. We all know the players and Klopp wont be affected, and will take it game by game.

But you can understand why they did it, as Salah scored the 2-0 goal and Anfield errupted.
City drawing, Leicester losing and then beating Utd. It starting to feel like this is gonna happen. Looking at the table I get this feeling I’m playing Football Manager. We’re that boss.

I was at the game, it was sang in relief more than anything. It was very nervy in the last 15 minutes there, and when Salah scored, you could feel the sense of relief around the ground. Then the song came after that.

It was a fucking huge goal that second one.

I was at the game, it was sang in relief more than anything. It was very nervy in the last 15 minutes there, and when Salah scored, you could feel the sense of relief around the ground. Then the song came after that.

It was a fucking huge goal that second one.

Yeah, I think most of us had that feeling of relief when Salah scored. That win and the second goal was so, so important.

Always rated him, going right back to his days at ITV. After another demonstration of Tyler's disgraceful bias it's worth remembering the likes of Drury are still around.

Always rated him, going right back to his days at ITV. After another demonstration of Tyler's disgraceful bias it's worth remembering the likes of Drury are still around.
Its always worth digging out the Drury take on any big liverpool goal, it always tops whatever Tyler or whoever is saying , or trying not to say!

Old Faithful sends regards and appreciation of your coverage of league games. With you on those and the old magic box on Cup games, who can stand against us?

Old Faithful sends regards and appreciation of your coverage of league games. With you on those and the old magic box on Cup games, who can stand against us?

Regards welcomed & returned. ( Who can stand against us?) None but our nearest and dearest.

It seems we grow fewer bye the minute s.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom