• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool v Manchester United - Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am totally fed up with Wijnaldum, I hardly ever hear is name in commentary.

I don't understand ihe is leaving in the summer, why should he be playing ahead of the people who want to be here?

I am totally fed up with Wijnaldum, I hardly ever hear is name in commentary.

I don't understand ihe is leaving in the summer, why should he be playing ahead of the people who want to be here?

Because he is probably alongside Henderson our most Consistent Midfielder.. and never ever injured..

This season I feel his influence has dropped off. He is getting caught in possession which has led to a couple of the goals we have conceded and he is also giving the ball away. The following stats don't back up being consistent He is consistent at being invisible.
Season Mins played Goals Assists
20/21 1440 1 0
19/20 2948 4 0
18/19 2735 3 0
17/18 2387 1 2
16/17 2978 6 9

Imagine if Chavs gave up on Havertz already, we could pick him up in the summer for 25 mill.
Some proper competition for Firmino.

Really not sure where to start with that bit ... is it the ridiculous conduplicatio or the utter nonsense that is the issue here?
I see nothing wrong with what I wrote Gini, Adds to the goal treat that is aready there... (While Gini adds to that added goal threat)

Are claiming that Klopp doesn’t know when or how to make substitutions :(

To be fair to klopp his current bench is not helping him.. Origi is useless at the moment.. touch of the Benteke..

Though why he won't play the OX who offers something different in midfield, I'm not so sure..

I mentioned a few weeks ago that the problem is that we're not lethal in attack.
Did you see when Thiago dribbled past two players and had a decent shot at goal?
Pure frustration that from Thiago.
Frustrated that our front three weren't doing anything. Always trying to pass the ball all the way into the goal.
Why don't we just hammer their box with crosses, attack their defenders. We didn't even get a freekick outside their box?!
Our players need to be more direct.
The season isn't over yet, but this slump has really made things harder.
Looks like City are gonna win it this season.

I just wanted one penalty kick.. just one penalty.

f862ce700af776818b4e492d3745908f.jpg

I don’t think Salah and Trent have recovered properly from Covid.
I was also wondering about that. Trent had it too.

Thiago as well, although we haven't seen enough of him to know if it's made any difference.

Divok Origi defo has it..

Problem is he is so laid back about it.. he's like. Whatever..

In seriousness. Biggest problem for Liverpool, injuries aside is lack of fans, I thought that would hurt us at some point, and it's beginning to show.. We would have probably won that yesterday if they where there..

Its like they have lost part of their identity as a result..

Speaking to my Manc Boss. He watched the game yesterday. He said he has struggled to watch football this season with the lack of fans.. Yesterday was only the 3rd game he watched all season, and probably will be his last. He is an ex season ticket holder.. [emoji55]

Yes, we've lost fab and hendo from midfield from this game; but we had thiago, shaqiri and gini there! That's a midfield 3 that's better than 90% of the fucking league!

It was a lack of movement and options that kept blunting us. Thiago constantly looking to spring an attack and no one was doing anything. Shaq tried to burst in to the box or lay the ball through, but no one was getting on the end of it.

The lack of van dijk passing is negated by the passing ability of fab at the back, or hendo at the back.

We're out of form and it's nothing to do with van dijk

Crying for Jota now is what we were saying for Thiago and Shagiri a few weeks ago. Obviously Jota will help the team and goals will start flowing but we should brace ourselves it might not happen. To get ourselves back to that all conquering Liverpool, we need craftsmen built for the purpose at the back. The team can then forget the defense and focus on goals upfront. We are missing van Dijk, Matip and Gomez

Having said that, am not saying the front three are up to it, or anywhere near it, - there is almost zero coordination among them....looks like the rivalry of the two is back. I am sure Klopp is aware of it and hopefully he will address it soon. If Salah continues to take penalties for the team, perhaps Mane won't fall in the penalty box

I think they are in competition. The same as Trent and Roberson are in competition. It’s healthy and has nothing to do with how the forwards are playing right now.

Divok Origi defo has it..

Problem is he is so laid back about it.. he's like. Whatever..

In seriousness. Biggest problem for Liverpool, injuries aside is lack of fans, I thought that would hurt us at some point, and it's beginning to show.. We would have probably won that yesterday if they where there..

Its like they have lost part of their identity as a result..

Speaking to my Manc Boss. He watched the game yesterday. He said he has struggled to watch football this season with the lack of fans.. Yesterday was only the 3rd game he watched all season, and probably will be his last. He is an ex season ticket holder.. [emoji55]

Maybe he has Long-Covid...Long,Long.Long,Long-Covid :rolleyes:

So Mané doesn’t go down and win penalties because Salah might score it?

But when there is a bit of a drought up front. They become more selfish, pressure on them grows, although not from within the club. Nevertheless it leads to snatching or not laying it off when others are in better scoring positions. We've seen that from Mo and Bobby more than once. Also it doesn't take much for Sadio Mane to get the hump. He and Mo don't go on holidays together that much is certain.

We need to give someone another Palace style drubbing...pity poor old Burnley....just in the nick of time..

I don’t go on holiday with any of my colleagues. Not just cos of the Rona.

My main frustration is the complete lack of any appreciation whatsoever for my use of the word conduplicatio in this thread.

Philistines!

What's most frustrating is that if we had slotted one of Bobby's chances, we'd be saying that we controlled the game well and didn't give away that many chances. We made enough opps to win it, probably gave away enough to lose it but we look void of answers.

Burnley will be interesting.

What's most frustrating is that if we had slotted one of Bobby's chances, we'd be saying that we controlled the game well and didn't give away that many chances. We made enough opps to win it, probably gave away enough to lose it but we look void of answers.

Burnley will be interesting.

Yep - And that's true of every match since Palace... As shite as we've been, we could have won them all (save maybe Southampton), but for utterly inept finishing.

We've actually been playing dreadful, drab, plodding football since roughly this time last year, it's just that this time last year, with our full team available (pre-Covid, at least) we found a way to win even the worst matches. Those wins and the subsequent title have made a lot of people forget - understandably - that it's been brutal for a year now.

I was saying the same with a mate earlier. I know a couple of people who are still recovering from covid months after they had it. Entirely possible we have players in the same situation.

I was saying the same with a mate earlier. I know a couple of people who are still recovering from covid months after they had it. Entirely possible we have players in the same situation.

Wouldn't that be spotted by all of the ultra hi-tec medical tests they have these days? They monitor pretty much everything - surely they'd have the data that identified such problems?

Wouldn't that be spotted by all of the ultra hi-tec medical tests they have these days? They monitor pretty much everything - surely they'd have the data that identified such problems?
Must be. Although how much info do we have on what covid actually does to the body? The symptoms and affects seem to be different person to person so who knows!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom