• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool v Newcastle Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another good 3 points after an international and with a middday kickoff. Keeps the winning run going

Frim was outstanding. What a player

How fucking good is Bobby?

Absolutely class today , makes us look infinitely more threatening up front

FT great performance when we got out of first gear, brave defensive effort from the geordies but 3 points more importantly.

We look unstoppable in this form. Fathead had a sound strategy against us, and the early goal was his perfect scenario. We just looked confident that we would break them down sooner or later, an of course, we did.

Adrian 7 -

Trent 6.5
Matip 7.5
Van Dijk 8
Robbo 8

Fab 8
Gini 7 (Shaq 7)
Ox 6 (Milner 6)

Origi 6 (Bobby 9)
Mo 7
Mane 8.5

I think today we really saw the gulf in quality between Bobby and Div (as much as I like him)

Both full backs could have scored - Trent twice. This will be the season of FB goals
Strange game to suggest that.
They both missed superb chances and Robbo has scored 1 goal for us. TAA scored what 3 last season ?

What exactly will a season of FB goals look like?

6 each? 1?

Strange game to suggest that.
They both missed superb chances and Robbo has scored 1 goal for us. TAA scored what 3 last season ?

What exactly will a season of FB goals look like?

6 each? 1?
4 or 5 each; they're getting closer all the time

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Is it premature to start worrying about TAA defensively?
I can't be alone in seeing all of the defensive mistakes he's doing especially at the start of this season?
I'd like to see Trent play on the right side of the midfield trio some time in the future. Like Milner or Henderson.

I can't be alone in seeing all of the defensive mistakes he's doing especially at the start of this season?
I'd like to see Trent play on the right side of the midfield trio some time in the future. Like Milner or Henderson.

We won the CL and recorded our highest league tally largely with him playing at RB.

Not saying he doesn’t have his dodgy moments, he does... but his pros outweigh his cons and there is no decent alternative. We never look more solid with Gomez at the back but always poorer offensively.

We won the CL and recorded our highest league tally largely with him playing at RB.

Not saying he doesn’t have his dodgy moments, he does... but his pros outweigh his cons and there is no decent alternative. We never look more solid with Gomez at the back but always poorer offensively.
I agree, I'm just saying, it's becoming more and more apparent that he's our weakness in defence.

He will probably always remain slightly suspect, but with his assists and what he offers I can take it. With the defense playing higher, it’s more likely to be even more risky. However I bet every single team he plays against worries more about his threat rather than focus on him as a weakness. Let him get better, learn his position and improve on his defensive position rather than move him to another position when we don’t really have a viable option and I include Gomez in that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya I’ve no problem with TAA defensively issues as long as he continues to offer that outlet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom