1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
    Dismiss Notice
Why Not Register?

It only takes a few minutes to register on SixCrazyMinutes

Click Here

Liverpool v Norwich - Match Thread

Discussion in 'The Football Forum' started by FoxForceFive, Aug 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. binomial

binomial Very Active Member

Don't think he wouldv'e played on Wednesday anyway

Milner for #2 until Alisson is back.

2. mom

mom Very Active Member

Klopp interview saying injury doesn’t look good. Felt as though something hit him.

3. Hansern

Hansern Part of the Furniture Member

Said it sounds like more than a strain. Torn calf muscle is 4-6 weeks, maybe more.

4. dantes

dantes Well-Known Member

Thank the good lord. When he was allowed to walk off by our medical team, I was almost certain it was a double leg fracture.

Dirty Sanchez, SaRed and juniormember like this.
  5. Ukrainian by marriage

Ukrainian by marriage Active Member

Thought their keeper was excellent - three top class saves.

Feel sorry for big Joel getting dropped. And I think we look the worse for his absence.

6. Hansern

Hansern Part of the Furniture Member

With our luck he probably has done his achilles. Fingers crossed it isnt, and he’ll return sooner rather than later.

7. Halmeister

Halmeister Some sort of pun about having a well known member Member

Strange game that. Every win in the Prem is a good 3 points, but we were somewhat fortunate in a way.

We found ourselves 3 nil up after some good attacking play from Norwich. Thankfully their defending was atrocious. That's what happens when a Championship side comes and tries to outplay the European Champions on their own turf. Quite naive really.

We were sloppy at the back, very sloppy, and would've been punished against better opposition. Hopefully that's shook some of the cobwebs out.

Hope Alisson isn't out too long, because I don't think Adrian is someone you want to rely on long term.

8. Halmeister

Also, bit gutted that Keita didn't get a lengthy run out. Or Ox at least. Could do with playing them into some form. Shaq too for that matter.

9. momoWASboss

momoWASboss Well-Known Member

Yea I’d have brought all 3 of them on.

Saying that mane looked boss when he came on.

10. Dreambeliever

Dreambeliever Looking on the brightside Member

New rule is Bollox

11. moron

moron i am legend Member

Ok - never looked like losing the game, good moments in the first half led to us being 4-0 up.  Then came the 2nd half - early on it looked like we were going to run away with but then two things started to come to mind:

1) Like the games we drew last season - there was too much pissing about in that final third, over-indulgent passing, that too often led to nothing, when the better options would have been a single incisive pass for Salah.

2) Then there were moments where you could see the players trying to set one another up for goal when really someone else in a  better position could take the shot - e.g. Firminho spin and miss when Origi was in a better position.

Both elements are what make us different to City - it's called being fucking too nice to one another rather than having that ruthless streak, and in many ways it comes from the manager.  Part of me believes that Klopp may not have wanted us to smash the shit out of Norwich because of their managers background and .. you get the picture ? - don't tell me City if they had those opportunities would not have gone onto smash that lot 9-0 , coz they would have done that to a man without trying to get their mates setup to score.  That entire half worried me all-though we never looked like losing control - and you could say that Norwich won that 1-0, which they did.

Also - I really think Alisson would have saved that goal, and for heavens sake - please don' t let Fab be the one that is responsible for taking the ball out of deep-midfield by running with it while surrounded by opposition players - as good as he is a DM, he really is a bit slow sometimes.

12. Modo

Modo A contentious scando Member

I wonder if we're going to sign Lonergan now.

13. Markeh

Markeh Very Well-Known Member

That's what I was wondering too. Can we sign unattached players outside of the window?

14. momoWASboss

momoWASboss Well-Known Member

My understanding is that we can sign free agents v

15. doctor_mac

doctor_mac My cowboy name is Garland Justice Moderator

There was some great stuff tonight, actually especially in the first part of the second half, even though we didn't score. I think we can give credit to Norwich who look great going forward. I think they'll get loads of goals. We did well. The Becker injury is a nightmare though.

16. Farkmaster

Farkmaster Very Well-Known Member

What a weird game...  other than the fact that you could say the same about dozens of other games last season.

Normally watching at the ground really changes my opinion about things, but I think I came away thinking things I already completely knew:

1) Origi isn't a valid substitute for Mane and isn't a valid starter in this system
    2) Firmino really does a lot
    3) Have fun trying to win headers against VVD

The other reason the match was weird was that was a really weird atmosphere where I was, especially in the second half.  I've never been in hospitality seats before, and it was fucking shit.  No one around knew any songs, and I mostly listened to the unoriginal shit coming out of the Norwich fans while trying (and in the second half failing) to join in with the distant Kop.  I'd rather not go than be there again, it was that shit - and that was on a good night, at a good time.

And yes, I'm aware of the irony of complaining about tourists as a tourist, even if my dad has some old fart street credibility.  I just wanted to sing some songs with some people, is all.  Instead it was like, I don't know, me doing kop kareoke while people looked at me strangely.

17. Halmeister

That's a shame, Fark.

18. Farkmaster

Farkmaster Very Well-Known Member

Still happy to be in Liverpool.  Last time I was here was for a funeral, so I'm not complaining.

Also, just to go with my dad is special. Always get some stories out of him.  Sometimes even one I haven't heard a thousand times.

19. Dreambeliever

Dreambeliever Looking on the brightside Member

Great memory to have

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  20. walesnj

walesnj Active Member

I hope to God that it's not his Achilles, I ruptured mine 18 months ago and this is exactly how I felt   -- From the BBC  ""He felt his calf. He looked behind him because he thought something hit him."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.