• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool v Southampton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another game where we created plenty of chances but our strikers didn't have the confidence to finish them properly. Salah missed a few passing opps and ballsed up his 1:1 after a lovely Jota pass. Jota should have scored after getting through 3 defenders, also with a chance later on. Mane was much better, still patchy but excellent hunger for the goal and lovely link up play for Jota's chance.

We saw Nat missing two big opps too, which again shows what we're missing without VVD or even Matip in the box as aerial threats.

I think we are sorely missing the appetite to run with the ball from our CM trio. Gini has been a great system player, but the system is changing and he isn't using one of his strengths when we need it. Too often we had opportunities for the midfield to break into attack with the front three/full backs but they'd all be chilling 35 yards out. The front three will always be well marked - a late run into the box isn't always, especially if they were to mix it up a bit.

Good result, decent performance (especially first half - i'd say good performance!) but we need to start becoming more clinical. Some good signs for United game, along with some worrying ones - I hope Kabak is back for that.

Mane looked shite for me. But so did Salah (exquisite cross aside).

The only positives to gleam from that game are a win, and thiago scored.

Mane looks alot sharper of late. Jota has struggled since the standard high after returning from injury. Salah was bright but a bit wasteful, great play for Mane's goal though. Thiago and Trent were brilliant, Williams is nowhere near ready.

I'm not sure about Jota, he's exceeded any reasonable expectations of him so far but he seems to be kind of streaky. I think he may turn out to be the sort of player who plays well in patches of games and the goes off the boil for a while.

Its not surprising with Jota. Playing well when returning from injury short term, and then needing time to get back to his best when that energy has gone off. It happens with all players that are out with long term injuries.
He looked better against Soton. Better movement and control. Just needs to be sharper in his finishing again and the goals will come.

Mane looked shite for me. But so did Salah (exquisite cross aside).

The only positives to gleam from that game are a win, and thiago scored.
And Allison bsck to his best and a clean sheet and Philips back

Mane looks alot sharper of late. Jota has struggled since the standard high after returning from injury. Salah was bright but a bit wasteful, great play for Mane's goal though. Thiago and Trent were brilliant, Williams is nowhere near ready.
I'd still rather play Williams at the back than put Fabinho back there again. We play so much better with Fabinho anchoring that midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom