• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool v Southampton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very unconvincing. Play like that on Thursday and we'll get battered. Fingers crossed Kabak is back because Williams doesn't just lack pace he lacks awareness, so slow of mind and feet.

Ali clear MOTM, without him we'd have conceded 3 or 4.

So Leicester have Man United, Chelsea and Spurs to play.

West Ham have Everton, Brighton, West Brom and Southampton.

Alisson. Apart from 1 misplaced pass an absolute rock. 9

Trent - looked good going forward with a couple of nice passes, in particular to Mo. Did enough at the back 8

NVP Another great display at the back, being the wise old head next to Rhys. All that was missing was a goal and had 2 good chances. 9

Williams. Made us all nervous. Nevertheless played his part in a clean sheet. 6

Robbo. Not his best work. Not only too many misplaced passes, but also uncharacteristically not tight enough on his man too often 6.

Fabinho. Just great to have him doing everything basically. We look better at the back, better in the middle and better going forward with him in the centre. 9

Wijnaldum. Unspectacular even by his standards. 6

Thiago. I've always rated him but losing patience. Not enough physicality and simply not offering enough on the ball to make up for it. Great finish for his goal though gets him an extra mark 7.

Mane. Great display. Looked threatening, linked up well with Jota, and even with Mo. 8

Jota. Runs at the defence with success and nearly always gets a decent shot away. Breath of fresh air. 8

Salah. Did what he does, constant threat, worked tirelessly, except he didn't score today. For balance though he passed a lot more, and actually found his man. 8

Klopp. Bringing Williams in worked even if a little hairy at times. Jota up front another success. The team lost intensity though (again) in the 2nd half, and you have to put some of the blame for this on him. 8

Am working and it's a stupid time to have a game but great news if we dig out a result to save this shite season.

Also fucking annoying city lost cos utd can still technically win the league when they'll be playing us
I’d rather that they have nothing to play against Leicester City who have been the most likely to drop out for weeks now.

I really want Everton to win their next match.

*spits on the ground.

Great result today. 4 more wins boys.

I also can't get on the Mane train. I thought he was crap. Constantly going down (not fouled), coughing up possession, really poor touch and passing, fouling in stupid areas to put us under pressure (come on, they had Ward-Prowse FFS) and his shooting was awful when he should be scoring/at least on target. He took his goal well which was a redeeming factor but the least difficult thing he had to do all night.

He looks a shell of last season's player (not the only one) which is reflected in his goal tally.

Don't get how Salah could still get stick for yesterday.

During halftime, I was thinking to myself the difference between Saints and us, was that we had players who could show moments of brilliance, like the exquisite cross Salah sent to Mane for the goal.

Without Salah it was 0-0 at the break all day.

That was no better than Newcastle and all the other bottom half sides we've struggled against.

Seriously lucky that that the CB partnership didn't cost us points

Alisson. Apart from 1 misplaced pass an absolute rock. 9

Trent - looked good going forward with a couple of nice passes, in particular to Mo. Did enough at the back 8

NVP Another great display at the back, being the wise old head next to Rhys. All that was missing was a goal and had 2 good chances. 9

Williams. Made us all nervous. Nevertheless played his part in a clean sheet. 6

Robbo. Not his best work. Not only too many misplaced passes, but also uncharacteristically not tight enough on his man too often 6.

Fabinho. Just great to have him doing everything basically. We look better at the back, better in the middle and better going forward with him in the centre. 9

Wijnaldum. Unspectacular even by his standards. 6

Thiago. I've always rated him but losing patience. Not enough physicality and simply not offering enough on the ball to make up for it. Great finish for his goal though gets him an extra mark 7.

Mane. Great display. Looked threatening, linked up well with Jota, and even with Mo. 8

Jota. Runs at the defence with success and nearly always gets a decent shot away. Breath of fresh air. 8

Salah. Did what he does, constant threat, worked tirelessly, except he didn't score today. For balance though he passed a lot more, and actually found his man. 8

Klopp. Bringing Williams in worked even if a little hairy at times. Jota up front another success. The team lost intensity though (again) in the 2nd half, and you have to put some of the blame for this on him. 8
I'd agree with most of that except the front 3.

Salah 7
Mane 7 (because of his goal, otherwise a 6)
Jota 5

That was no better than Newcastle and all the other bottom half sides we've struggled against.

Seriously lucky that that the CB partnership didn't cost us points
Well they are, at best, the 5th and 6th choice (if you want to include hendo Fabs and Davies probably on form 5th and 9th choice) what do you expect?

Don't get how Salah could still get stick for yesterday.

During halftime, I was thinking to myself the difference between Saints and us, was that we had players who could show moments of brilliance, like the exquisite cross Salah sent to Mane for the goal.

Without Salah it was 0-0 at the break all day.

Yes, also as he wasted 2-3 good chances, before the break. So he certainly had his hand in the result at HT.

Last edited:
Mane looks alot sharper of late. Jota has struggled since the standard high after returning from injury. Salah was bright but a bit wasteful, great play for Mane's goal though. Thiago and Trent were brilliant, Williams is nowhere near ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom