• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are people on about regarding first half? Seem to be a concensus that 2 of 3 midfielders were shit, didn't do anything and should have been subbed at half time.

We clearly won the midfield battle in the first half. The team played very well. We kept the ball and set up attacks from both sides as well as through the middle at the same time as we denied them counters. We efficiently stopped them in their own half and I think if Loris had played we would have been 3 up. What do people actually want? What could the team, include the midfield done better against a team who normally give us a tough game.?

What are people on about regarding first half? Seem to be a concensus that 2 of 3 midfielders were shit, didn't do anything and should have been subbed at half time.

We clearly won the midfield battle in the first half. The team played very well. We kept the ball and set up attacks from both sides as well as through the middle at the same time as we denied them counters. We efficiently stopped them in their own half and I think if Loris had played we would have been 3 up. What do people actually want? What could the team, include the midfield done better against a team who normally give us a tough game.?
He was pretty anonymous up until 33 mins, I'd actually forgotten he was on the pitch. I forgot what he did now on 33 mins but I noted the time and from that moment on he was excellent.

He was pretty anonymous up until 33 mins, I'd actually forgotten he was on the pitch. I forgot what he did now on 33 mins but I noted the time and from that moment on he was excellent.

The midfield ran quite some distance and covered every openings were Spurs could have played the ball out. Throughout the whole game Spurs surprisingly often had no option but to kick the ball out of play.

I heard Alisson getting a mini chant yesterday - i'm sure he'll end up with a full blown song soon.

Fabinho is one of my favourite players already and i'm so glad Klopp waited until the right time to play him and didn't just throw him in the deep end. He loves a battle and has great passes in his locker, especially that little lob wedge from the middle of the the opponents half, over the defence and into a runner from out wide.

I watched this, and Keane's opening words reminded me of a few season ago when Modo (I think) went on a bit of a rant about how our fullbacks (Clyne & Milner) didnt add to attacking play the way Spurs fullbacks did ... how things have changed

[bcolor=#ffffff]

My spurssupporting father normally is quite relaxed about PL. His fanatism is related to our hometown club in Norway (who by the way dumped to 5th level this season). But he and his friends watch the games in their selfmade sportspub. Normally I call him and Chat about games and he is more than often neutral or even complementary towards us. But yesterday he sounded really upset and blamed the ref for being a Liverpool supporter. I asked if it was related to the pen, but he felt we were falling all over the ground and getting cheap free kicks our favour. I interprete this as they just didn't feel comfortable even after the early lead and even their supporters feel we raped the for a good 98 mins.

Ok, true story, this afternoon -

My much loved Honda Civic, which has taken me all round the UK, to Dijon in France, and lately MADRID :) , has had its day. I knew time was up when my garage asked if I had considered when I would replace it - gears/differential, clutch, suspension, brake drums, were all mentioned.

I should mention that I had tarted it up somewhat for the CL final, with a Madrid19 sticker across the windscreen, an Annie Road road sign, and 2 tasteful LFC stickers on the back.

So, took today off work, found a car I liked (another Civic), agreed a rough price including trade-in, and set off for Enfield, north London. Shite journey, M25, A2, Blackwall tunnel, North Circular, all very congested. And I had left my sat-nav connector at home. :( Had to use an A-Z. Got lost. Very lost. Asked some schoolkids where I was, didn't recognise the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place names they said. Circled back towards central London.

Eventually, stopped to ask a Barbara Windsor type for directions. She wasn't sure. I thanked her, and trying to find where I was, asked what road we were in.

White Hart Lane, she replied.

I like to think my old motor was sharing in our victories before saying goodbye. :)

Ok, true story, this afternoon -

My much loved Honda Civic, which has taken me all round the UK, to Dijon in France, and lately MADRID :) , has had its day. I knew time was up when my garage asked if I had considered when I would replace it - gears/differential, clutch, suspension, brake drums, were all mentioned.

I should mention that I had tarted it up somewhat for the CL final, with a Madrid19 sticker across the windscreen, an Annie Road road sign, and 2 tasteful LFC stickers on the back.

So, took today off work, found a car I liked (another Civic), agreed a rough price including trade-in, and set off for Enfield, north London. Shite journey, M25, A2, Blackwall tunnel, North Circular, all very congested. And I had left my sat-nav connector at home. :( Had to use an A-Z. Got lost. Very lost. Asked some schoolkids where I was, didn't recognise the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place names they said. Circled back towards central London.

Eventually, stopped to ask a Barbara Windsor type for directions. She wasn't sure. I thanked her, and trying to find where I was, asked what road we were in.

White Hart Lane, she replied.

I like to think my old motor was sharing in our victories before saying goodbye. :)
Honestly thought you would driving some kind of 12miles to the gallon Pick-Up
5b34374dec3a2.image.jpg

If you think Henderson played well in that first half you are fucking retarded

If you think Henderson played well in that first half you are fucking retarded

You sound more and more like my wife.

BTW Hendo did ok. The way we pressed them well and him and Gini closed down å hell of a lot of space helping the team create 4-5 megachances. That is more than enough contribution in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom