1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
    Dismiss Notice
Why Not Register?

It only takes a few minutes to register on SixCrazyMinutes

Click Here

Liverpool vs Arsenal - Sat 5:30 - Match thread

Discussion in 'The Football Forum' started by tombrown, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Hansern

Hansern Part of the Furniture Member

Its one thing missing football on Saturdays and a Salah goal all through summer, but you also miss these golden nuggets. Arsenal fan TV, its lovely.

rurikbird likes this.
  2. FoxForceFive

FoxForceFive Administrator Administrator

I go the game that rarely that I honestly forget just how fucking good we are in the flesh.

I was about 20 rows back behind the anny road goal, & watching us attack so close second half I just kept thinking & saying "How the fuck does any team defend against this?!" They were playing at 100mph, one touch clever football, in & out, around the box, it's so much quicker when you see it there.

Tbh they kept their shape really well (most of the time) when inside the area, & pulled off some great blocks too, I think against most sides we'd have gotten a few more goals for sure.

Also, VAR can suck my balls. The one shitty point of the match yesterday was the announcement that there was a VAR check for a red card offence, didn't know for what, who, when, or anything, & it seemed to last a couple of minutes. Every fan in the ground was jeering & booing, arsenal & us.

A word on their fans, despite having shitty repetitive songs, their applause to Chamberlain when he came on & the way they acted after the match was boss. All fans were let out at the same time (is that commonplace now?!) I was walking past/through them & a fair few were saying how good we were & none were acting like bellends that I could see either.

And Insig, you my friend, are a legend, & fantastic drinking company as per usual!

3. Mystic

Mystic Moderator Moderator

Gotta laugh, after losing 3-1, giving away a penalty, and being directly responsible for the third goal, there's an article on Arsenal.com with them talking to David Luiz about how solid they were at the back against us.

peekay likes this.
  4. Insignificance

Insignificance Bad to the bone Member

Had a good view from above in Upper Main Stand. I was amazed by how good we were. We just rolled over them and they didn't seem to have any option but clearing the ball while hanging in the ropes. Atmosphere was good as well.

Thanks to Woland for sorting us ticks. Now it is a second day hangover and a bank holiday sunday to make it a hattrick. Cheers Fox for a good evening on the ale yesterday!

Athens, peekay, moron and 8 others like this.
  5. doctor_mac

doctor_mac My cowboy name is Garland Justice Moderator

I heard a series of questions posed to big Virge that included "who is the best player you have ever played alongside".  "Bobby".

6. Insignificance

Bobby is so important. His workrate, his skills, his understanding of the game. All amazing. Players like Mane and Salah, don’t get me wrong, are easier to find. Bobby is just sensational. Our Bergkamp while Salah/Mane is our Henry to use Arsenal as example.

rurikbird likes this.
  7. Insignificance

Frontpage on Echo said "Reds back on top"... and Arsenal was still second as They were before the weekend.

8. King Binny

King Binny Very Well-Known Honorary Member

9. SummerOnions

SummerOnions Let's Push Things Forward Member

How does he do against other top players?

10. momoWASboss

momoWASboss Well-Known Member

Manè also scored shit loads

Hass, jan, Woland and 1 other person like this.
  11. SummerOnions

SummerOnions Let's Push Things Forward Member

Good stats

12. rurikbird

rurikbird Part of the Furniture Honorary Member

To be fair, it’s not his fault Emery inexplicably played into our hands with the “diamond.” Klopp, like everyone else’ couldn’t believe it - absolutely the worst possible system to play against a team where the main creative threat comes from the wings. Neville thought they were going with 4-3-3, which could have troubled us (and did briefly after Lacazette and Torreira came on).

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  13. tombrown

tombrown Very Well-Known Member

It's acute not grave!

14. momoWASboss

momoWASboss Well-Known Member

I made that mistake the first time I wrote it on my phone. I’ve reached the stage where CBA rectifying it.

15. Markeh

Markeh Very Well-Known Member

I can't listen to that shite, under Wenger they were really naïve and always tried to play their own game resulting in many, many embarrassing results. Emery compromised on his ideals in the pursuit of a result which is something they will need to do against superior sides, at least until they improve and you get cunts like that moaning about it. Probably moaned about Wenger doing the opposite too.

16. rurikbird

rurikbird Part of the Furniture Honorary Member

It's only natural that fans moan about whichever approach leads to losing. Emery has done nothing so far to improve Arsenal's poor record against top 6 or in away games. Until that changes, the fans will moan and rightly so – just like we weren't hypocrites when we decried Hodgson's lack of ambition and later criticized Rodgers' lack of discipline.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    Frogfish likes this.
  17. My_Blood_Bleeds_Red

My_Blood_Bleeds_Red Very Active Member

18. moron

moron i am legend Member

I think he is a good coach, but the evidence is that he is reactive, hence the better 2nd half performances last season.  Right now i think his hands are tied due to non cl footy and not having the money to strengthen all areas of his team.  By current form, i think right now they could come 4th...if they dont fall apart.

19. binomial

binomial Very Active Member

Sokratis busting out for a shit from all the arse molesting he took saturday

20. Tinto

Tinto Very Active Member

The subs changed the game. We lost some momentum and they got back into it in the second half.

I think Emery got it right setting up to be more defensive. Their chances in the first half were as good the ones we had. It would probably have been worse for them if they tried to out punch us.