• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool vs Arsenal - Weds 19:30 (H) League Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreambeliever

From Doubter to Believer (to doubter again)
Would be nice to stay in this cup and allow our fringe players game time.

Adrian
Hoover
Lovren
Gomez
Milner
Keita
Ox
Jones
Brewster
Origi
Elliot

Would be nice to stay in this cup and allow our fringe players game time.

Adrian
Hoover
Lovren
Gomez
Milner
Keita
Ox
Jones
Brewster
Origi
Elliot

I hope thats the line up....

But I doubt it. Think Fab/ Lallana/ Firmino will start. Is Shaq still injured?

Ah ya Lallana is a good shout over Jones.

Not sure on Shaq assume he’s injured

Hoever is away at the U17 World Cup. We have another promising right-back, Neco Williams, training with the first team.

I would do something like this:

-----------------Adrian-----------------
-----------Gomez----Lovren---------
Williams-----Lallana----------Milner
-----------Ox-----------Keita----------
Elliott---------Firmino----------Origi

Bring on Curtis Jones and Brewster in the 2nd half no matter the score.

Change Brewster for Firmino (I don't see any reason to keep him in as the sole first teamer starting) and that's your team (unless Shaq is fit enough to start). Looking forward to seeing Elliott, he looks such an exciting talent.

Hoever is away at the U17 World Cup. We have another promising right-back, Neco Williams, training with the first team.

I would do something like this:

-----------------Adrian-----------------
-----------Gomez----Lovren---------
Williams-----Lallana----------Milner
-----------Ox-----------Keita----------
Elliott---------Firmino----------Origi

Bring on Curtis Jones and Brewster in the 2nd half no matter the score.

I think we have to start Brewster or risk losing him.

Yeh Gomez needs game time in the middle. Milner can fill in at RB if Trent has an injury

Firmino was one of the players with a no rest summer so he should not play. Origi can play on top.

Elliot and Jones were good last time around. Ox and Keita with Lallana in midfield is a strong midfield.

Back 4 will be interesting.

And Adrian will finally be back. We missed him!!

Emery needs this competition much more than Klopp. Pressure is building, and a sneaky Caraboa cup might cover for other deficiencies. I can see him playing a much stronger team than us. However, we may well still win. Free hit for the second string.

---Origi----Brewster--- Eliot

---Keita----Lallana----Ox

Larouci--Lovren--Gomez--Milner

--------------Adrian

Really looking forward to seeing 2 or 3 of Elliot - Brewster - Jones in this game. Expect us to deploy a wise midfield of with the likes of Millie, Naby, Ox, Lallana. I hope Ox relishes that game time and isn't embarrassed to be second string against his old team. Shame that Hoever is away on international duty.

---------------Adrian-------------
Millie--Gomez--Lovren--Larouci
---------Lallana---Keita----------
----------------Ox------------------
--Elliot-----Brewster----Jones

Looking at it we might need some more 'steel' in the middle, unless we expect to dominate then I think the above could be a great mix of experience players needing sharpness and youth to 'blood'

Can we really have Lallana in the middle against Arsenal? I'd rather we have Milner there or Wijnaldum. That is if we're resting Fabs.
I'm not expecting full rotation against Arsenal. Would be surprised to see Elliott start.

Can we really have Lallana in the middle against Arsenal? I'd rather we have Milner there or Wijnaldum. That is if we're resting Fabs.
I'm not expecting full rotation against Arsenal. Would be surprised to see Elliott start.

Is there a team in the world more suitable to use Lallana against than Arsenal? Their midfield has the resilient equal to Wasa's Flatbread.

Is there a team in the world more suitable to use Lallana against than Arsenal? Their midfield has the resilient equal to Wasa's Flatbread.
Guindouzi would rape Lallana. So yeah. Have a feeling Emery wants the trophy more than we do.

---------------Adrian-------------
Millie--Gomez--Lovren--Larouci
---------Lallana---Keita----------
----------------Ox------------------
--Elliot-----Brewster----Jones

--------------Adrian

Need a forum standard on whether the keeper is at the top or bottom of the screen. This flippant flip flop between tops up and bottoms down formations is making my head spin.

Of course, both are infinitely preferable to this as a line up picture, unless you intend the formation to be 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1:

Adrian
Hoover
Lovren
Gomez
Milner
Keita
Ox
Jones
Brewster
Origi
Elliot

Need a forum standard on whether the keeper is at the top or bottom of the screen. This flippant flip flop between tops up and bottoms down formations is making my head spin.

Of course, both are infinitely preferable to this as a line up picture, unless you intend the formation to be 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1:

Nah, fuck that Developed Country problem. Rather discuss whom of them had the best/strongest lineup?

Last edited:
Emery needs this competition much more than Klopp. Pressure is building, and a sneaky Caraboa cup might cover for other deficiencies. I can see him playing a much stronger team than us. However, we may well still win. Free hit for the second string.

--------------Adrian

Quiffer minus origi

No first teamer should be involved in this one. Its time for keita and lalanna to shine again and a cameo from elliot.

Last edited:
He didn't really do a whole lot in pre-season from my memory but he does look big for his age. From what i've read he hasn't overly impressed for the U23s, but he's bloody young so we should just continue to develop him.

It is clear that the keeper should be at the bottom and forwards at the top. That's just common sense and anything else is wilful perversity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom