• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool vs Man City (H) Sunday 4:30pm - title decider?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Much prefer watching big games at home alone but don’t have much choice anyway as it’s on at 3:30am Monday morning.

This game is not made for Keita :D

Reactions: Ijg
Implayer. It's free, but you have to pay to use some features like vod (if your iptv provider offers it).

It's blindingly fast, instant channel switching. It's basically a clone of the formuler z8 software, I've got the premium one running on a firestick 4k & it's worth every penny.

I can't recommend it enough if you use iptv. The dev is releasing updates & new features about twice a week, sometimes more often.
I literally understood 0% of that. OK, I know what a firestick is but the rest might as well be in Klingon.

Ray Mears Fire Stick. Only £12!

One thing struck me watching bits of Atlanta v City yesterday - City had a much sharper, faster, tougher, preparation game than we did.
The lads will need to be up for it from the kick off !

Ray Mears >>> Bear fucking Grills

Ray da man

Bear Grills literally drinks his own piss in the wild, and squeezes liquid out of animal poo to drink, whilst Ray Mears is chomping on big game whilst building a fucking canoe. They're not even on the same planet.

While this isn’t the place for it I don’t buy the Keita is being instructed to play it safe. Wtf would you instruct him not to use one of his best and most devastating assets? Driving at people and dribbling past them in dangerous areas to break the lines? It’s even more baffling when you consider Ox is doing exactly that and he’s the one if anyone should be easing back in and playing it safe considering the nature and length of his injury.
Well it's pretty obvious why given even a modicum of reasoned thought ! Firstly Ox isn't and has never been a defensive player, Keita is and has been (as his defensive stats show both from Germany and here), secondly Klopp clearly prefers to have two more defensive midfielders to give the third the freedom to attack so yes, rein in the attacking side of your game for better team stability. We have seen Keita being more attacking but that's usually when we desperately need a goal, the formation changes or we are coasting. Ditto Fabs BTW.

And if you want examples of positional responsibility assigned by Klopp, which restricts their natural game, you only have to look at Hendo and Gini.

Last edited:
They're all desperate for something to happen so they can moan about it ...

_109574247_express.jpg

Well it's pretty obvious why given even a modicum of reasoned thought ! Firstly Ox isn't and has never been a defensive player, Keita is and has been (as his defensive stats show both from Germany and here), secondly Klopp clearly prefers to have two more defensive midfielders to give the third the freedom to attack so yes, rein in the attacking side of your game for better team stability. We have seen Keita being more attacking but that's usually when we desperately need a goal, the formation changes or we are coasting. Ditto Fabs BTW.

And if you want examples of positional responsibility assigned by Klopp, which restricts their natural game, you only have to look at Hendo and Gini.

If we wanted a defensive midfielder to match Fabhino there were better options than Keita. He was bought for his ball carrying ability and goals and so far we’ve seen very little of it at all.

If we wanted a defensive midfielder to match Fabhino there were better options than Keita. He was bought for his ball carrying ability and goals and so far we’ve seen very little of it at all.
How do you know what he was bought for ?! As far as Klopp is concerned he may have wanted a player with the versatility to be able to play in a number of positions/formations. Which he often emphasises, so it's pretty naive to think Keita HAS to play only one way.

How do you know what he was bought for ?! As far as Klopp is concerned he may have wanted a player with the versatility to be able to play in a number of positions/formations. Which he often emphasises, so it's pretty naive to think Keita HAS to play only one way.
To be fair, Keita had a defensive minded midfielder next to him at Leipzig.

True. But his time here has been overshadowed by injuries, I think we can all agree on that. During his time here the Central Midfielders has scored not much in the PL

Keita 2
Hendo 2
Wini 4
Fab 1
Lallana 1
Milner 6 (although most of them from Penalty?)

The more attcking midfielders like Shaq and Ox has scored more (at least if you count in the CL).

Overall in his career Keita has 44 goals from 216 games. Thats appr 1 in 5. That makes his 3 goals in total in 40+ games for us far from that. At the same time the team has lost one PL game, made a record PL season and started to break records in the second. They also won the CL in the same time. It is quite surprsisng that there is so few goals from midfield in that period while the team has scored and scored, as I think I rememeber Klopp being not to worried with his strikers not scoring too much in his first years as he said the goals could come from anywhere (Not sure if my memory serves me right here. I guess Coutinho contributed a bit here?).

I am willing to give Keita time, as I like him as a player. He definately need a consitent run of games but to me he offers a more calm approach on the ball than i.e. Henderson. He is a very good friend of the ball, and he also keep the tempo on the ball. He look for players, and he is a very accurate passer. And the ball will never get tired, but legs chasing the ball will. So given a lengthy spell in the side and I think we have a real gem, even if he will probably not reach those 1 in 5 while we play as we do.

Perhaps but it’s even more naive to think Keita’s performances are down to instructions from Klopp imo.
He’s just been shite.

True. But his time here has been overshadowed by injuries, I think we can all agree on that. During his time here the Central Midfielders has scored not much in the PL

Keita 2
Hendo 2
Wini 4
Fab 1
Lallana 1
Milner 6 (although most of them from Penalty?)

The more attcking midfielders like Shaq and Ox has scored more (at least if you count in the CL).

Overall in his career Keita has 44 goals from 216 games. Thats appr 1 in 5. That makes his 3 goals in total in 40+ games for us far from that. At the same time the team has lost one PL game, made a record PL season and started to break records in the second. They also won the CL in the same time. It is quite surprsisng that there is so few goals from midfield in that period while the team has scored and scored, as I think I rememeber Klopp being not to worried with his strikers not scoring too much in his first years as he said the goals could come from anywhere (Not sure if my memory serves me right here. I guess Coutinho contributed a bit here?).

I am willing to give Keita time, as I like him as a player. He definately need a consitent run of games but to me he offers a more calm approach on the ball than i.e. Henderson. He is a very good friend of the ball, and he also keep the tempo on the ball. He look for players, and he is a very accurate passer. And the ball will never get tired, but legs chasing the ball will. So given a lengthy spell in the side and I think we have a real gem, even if he will probably not reach those 1 in 5 while we play as we do.

I agree he looks far more comfortable on the ball but for 65m you’d expect that and he simply hasn’t brought what we expected. I agree he’s been injured but I don’t expect him to ever be up to physical challenge of English football.

Perhaps but it’s even more naive to think Keita’s performances are down to instructions from Klopp imo.
He’s just been shite.
Nah. That's bollocks. You're just projecting your bias and refusing to acknowledge when & where he has played well - even though we are ALL expecting much more.

They're all desperate for something to happen so they can moan about it ...

_109574247_express.jpg
I think we should do a bus welcoming, but everyone should turn up with packs of kleenex to throw at the bus, so that they can wiping away their salty tears.

Nah. That's bollocks. You're just projecting your bias and refusing to acknowledge when & where he has played well - even though we are ALL expecting much more.
Wtf are you on about?

I was the first to say he changed the game against Utd and was the reason we got a draw.

Problem is he’s played over 40 times now and I can count his positive contributions on one hand.

He was in the tier of VVD and Allison in terms of signings and expectations for his position. Biggest disappointment I can recall.

Just have an effigy of their blood spinning ritual with Fraudiola written on the front he might cry

Wtf are you on about?

I was the first to say he changed the game against Utd and was the reason we got a draw.

Problem is he’s played over 40 times now and I can count his positive contributions on one hand.

He was in the tier of VVD and Allison in terms of signings and expectations for his position. Biggest disappointment I can recall.
On one hand? That's exactly what I meant by bias. Now you're just being contrary.

Let's not get lost in semantics RE: Naby Keita..

Bar a month or so of fixtures , he's been absolutely shite , looks closer to a £5m player than a £50m one and has done very little since his injury to inspire any sort of confidence in anyone who has a vested interest in seeing us win football matches

His saving grace is that he did show a rich vein of form prior to a big injury and ,Fabinho aside and arguably Gini , noone has been great in midfield consistently since his arrival

In his defence however, Klopp is playing him clearly isn't doing him any favours , he's far too deep and takes the sideways pass to recycle possession 9 times out of ten as a result. He's definitely not playing like a box to box midfielder he was billed as and is unable to make those runs between the lines and beyond the back lines the YouTube videos all showed prior to joining

I'd like to see him play just behind Bobby , he has proven he can beat a Man, create space and make the run beyond Bobby , he just can't do that in his current role under klopp.

Feels he suffers in a similar manner to Henderson , in that poor performances do appear to stem from being shoe horned into a non-optimal position as much as ability /fitness not being there

[article]
Ederson is ruled out of Liverpool v Manchester City
Pep Guardiola says Ederson is not fit to face Liverpool on Sunday:

He’s not able to play. I don’t know [when he’ll be back]. We have another top keeper. Claudio Bravo can do it [play out from the back] too. We won the Carabao Cup and FA Cup thanks to Claudio.[/article]

If Bravo starts I wonder if that means City might sit a bit deeper if they trust him less as a sweeper keeper.. If so, I can see a lot of crosses coming in to the box behind that dodgy defence.

It's beginning to look like (still a very strong team in midfield and attack) :

....................................... Bravo

Walker ............. Stones .......... Otamendi ....... Mendy

................................ Fernandinho

............ De Bruyne ................... Gundogan

B.Silva ..................... Aguero ............. Sterling

OUT (assumed from Physioroom & Guardiola) : Ederson, Zinchenko, Laporte, D.Silva, Rodri & Sane.

It's also possible that Guardiola could play the same formation as last October now that both Stones and Otamendi are fit. From BBC :

City changed to a 4-1-4-1 formation in that game, with Raheem Sterling and Bernardo Silva, who are usually their wide men, staying very narrow, basically to try to outnumber Liverpool in midfield. Their full-backs stayed deep and they also had Fernandinho sitting in front of the defence to stop the ball being played into the Reds' front three.

In fact that could be very likely as added protection for their weakest area, defence, allowing Fernandinho to do what he does best and have De Bruyne and Gundogan stay narrow knowing B.Silva and Sterling have our FBs covered. Sterling and Aguero would still be very dangerous on the break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom