• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool vs Man City (H) Sunday 4:30pm - title decider?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we trust them on Ederson?

No, but who cares? Bravo isn't as good, but individual personnel doesn't always matter; he could produce a great performance or be entirely unemployed.

We've been watching football long enough to know this; Christ, half this Forum thought we'd batter United a few games ago, and we knocked Barcelona out of Europe with Origi in the side instead of Firmino and no Salah either.

City fans I know see this game as pivotal in the title race. Still v early in season but by winning, we'd be making the kind of statement we didn't last year.

Even if Ederson is out, wasn't Bravo MOTM in the community shield game in August?

He'll probably have another 'one of those games'

I mean , even if we lose were 3 points clear , I'd wager they will drop more points by the time we play them at the emptihad.

That's moot as this has ox coming on and scoring a worldie to seal a 2-1 victory written all over it

It's not a title decider as there is such a long way to go. But if we win, I'd put us as favourites for the league. If we lose, Man City will win the league. Draw, and I'd still have City as slight favourites.

Win it and city will be forced to take lots of risks pushing for wins in games that they’re level.

It's beginning to look like (still a very strong team in midfield and attack) :

....................................... Bravo

Walker ............. Stones .......... Otamendi ....... Mendy

................................ Fernandinho

............ De Bruyne ................... Gundogan

B.Silva ..................... Aguero ............. Sterling

OUT (assumed from Physioroom & Guardiola) : Ederson, Zinchenko, Laporte, D.Silva, Rodri & Sane.

That’s also a strong back 4

That’s also a strong back 4
Mendy has apparently looked like he's lost more than a yard of pace with his injury, and he's never been convincing at the defensive side of playing FB. I fancy Salah to give him a very hard time. Otamendi and Stones both have a clanger in them and are there to be pressed, and Walker, despite his pace has lost his England place to Trent because he neither provides as much going forward, nor is the best defender in the world. That is not a strong back 4 for a team with the resources of City. In fact, it has me rubbing my hands together like Michael Owen after a goal against Newcastle.

By the way I don’t think it’s a title decider but it’s certainly a topic of conversation doing the rounds so added it in with a question mark.

No back four with Otamendi in it is 'strong'.

Ha he’s like Lovren, more than capable of playing a blinder and Stones, Walker and Mendy would be preferred in their best 11. Their defence isn’t in crisis, just missing their best player.

Mendy has apparently looked like he's lost more than a yard of pace with his injury, and he's never been convincing at the defensive side of playing FB. I fancy Salah to give him a very hard time. Otamendi and Stones both have a clanger in them and are there to be pressed, and Walker, despite his pace has lost his England place to Trent because he neither provides as much going forward, nor is the best defender in the world. That is not a strong back 4 for a team with the resources of City. In fact, it has me rubbing my hands together like Michael Owen after a goal against Newcastle.

Hopefully but they are more than capable of a great performance too.

That Owen hand rub was amazing

Gundogan is also a fucking crab

Hopefully but they are more than capable of a great performance too.

That Owen hand rub was amazing
The hand rub was an iconic moment, forever etched on the memories of a generation of Liverpool supporters.

As to the great performance, I don't think so. The way most teams play against City their defenders don't need a great defensive performance, which is lucky from them, because I don't think that particular back 4 has a great defensive performance in it. Having a back 4 with Laporte and Kompany in it has a much more formidable feel. That back 4 is begging to be attacked. Be nice to test that theory.

If you're six points ahead and there's a maximum of three points to be lost, I think you'll find it's not a title decider. You fucking idiots.

12 games in to the season and people are crazy enough to call it a title decider ? This is just another game we cannot lose like all the others before.
If your a Liverpool fan, you should know that even being top of the table into the new year means fuck all.
My advice is wait until the last game and we can still win it. Spare yourself the pain, its not worth it.

Stones and Otamendi won't play together in a back 4, imo. They haven't done that since Norwich, I believe, as its diabolical. They will either go 3 at the back to allow Fernandinho to play DM or they will stick with Stones and Fernandinho at CB. This is a huge opportunity and if we don't win it, it will feel like a loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom