• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool vs Spurs (CL Final 1st June)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a dream last night about this game. We were 2-1 up late on after Henderson had bullied Lloris into throwing the ball into his own net. Couldn't watch but checked the score at 90 minutes - it was 2-2, but clicked to 3-2 immediately. Switched TV back on and we were winning 4-2. The ball then went down the road outside the stadium, chased by players from each side. A woman quickly shoved the ball into a baby-stroller she was pushing and hurried down the road, chased by desperate Tottenham players. Woke up, hoping to interpret this dream as a positive sign.

Had a dream last night about this game. We were 2-1 up late on after Henderson had bullied Lloris into throwing the ball into his own net. Couldn't watch but checked the score at 90 minutes - it was 2-2, but clicked to 3-2 immediately. Switched TV back on and we were winning 4-2. The ball then went down the road outside the stadium, chased by players from each side. A woman quickly shoved the ball into a baby-stroller she was pushing and hurried down the road, chased by desperate Tottenham players. Woke up, hoping to interpret this dream as a positive sign.
That sounds pretty positive.

This guy is deffo superstitious and ritualistic enough to join our forum:

Liverpool fan's hilarious matchday superstition that he hopes will bring Champions League final glory

It's called You'll Never Walk A Gnome...
0_LEC_JKROTOOLEGNOME_05JPG.jpg

Liam O'Toole has a three step ritual involving his Gnome that he does on match days

A Liverpool fan has revealed his dad's hilarious match ritual that involves a miniature gnome.
Reds supporter Liam O'Toole has a three rule superstition that his family and any acquaintances must abide by if they want LFC to score or win matches

Liam's amused son Joseph, explained the rules and why they are so important ahead of the Champions League final on June 1.
The 25-year-old told the ECHO how the tradition of "You'll Never Walk A Gnome" began.

1_LEC_JKROTOOLEGNOME_04JPG.jpg

Liam O'Toole and his Gnome waiting for the match to start
He said: "My dad's friend Tony bought him a gnome with a Liverpool shirt on for his 50th birthday.
"It sat on the shelf in the living room for a while but during one particularly difficult match it was brought down from the shelf for good luck.

"A few minutes after the gnome was brought down Liverpool scored so it then became a good luck charm."
Over the years the inside joke between Liam and his family became a superstition that requires rules and full participation.

0_JS183347440.jpg

Liam O'Toole, lives in London but was born in Aigburth and has been a Liverpool fan his entire life
Joseph added: "To begin with I thought he was just doing it to make us laugh and to joke around but then a couple of times I came home and he was on his own, watching the match with the gnome sitting on the table."
Here are the three all important rules that must be followed.
RULE ONE - Stroke The Gnome

image.jpg

CLICK TO PLAY
LFC FAN'S RITUAL INVOLVING A GNOME

No matter who you are or how well you know Liam, if you enter a room with him and the gnome in it, you must stroke the gnome and say “You’ll Never Walk A Gnome”,
If you don’t and Liverpool don’t win, it’s your fault according to 25-year-old Joseph.
Joseph said: "When my friends have come over, or my sister's boyfriend comes in, before they are even allowed to sit down, they must stroke the gnome."
RULE TWO - The Offering

The gnome gets an offering of crisps before the match starts and more if a goal is needed.
Chocolate is then offered up if a goal is REALLY needed, and booze if the team are desperate.

Joseph said: "This was intro’d after some dodgy performances (Hodgson/Dalglish), and worked well."
The picture below was taken when Liverpool were in need of a fourth goal against Barcelona earlier this month.

0_LEC_JKROTOOLEGNOME_09JPG.jpg

Gnome gets an offering of crisps for match start, more if a goal is needed, chocolate if a goal is really needed, and booze if desperate.
Joseph added: "There are specific criteria of what crisps the gnome likes and this must be followed.
"Dad buys gnome supplies, hides them so that they don’t get eaten, and brings them out for the match (he eats them at full time)."
You can see how serious the offering selection is in the screenshot below.

0_LEC_JKROTOOLEGNOME_10JPG.jpg

RULE THREE - The Gnome Must Watch The Match

The gnome goes where Liam goes to watch the match and in the 2018 Champions League final, the pair watched the match in a pub in Scotland.
Joseph said: "My dad made everyone in the pub stroke the gnome before the match.
"We didn't win that one because the offerings weren't right apparently."

0_LEC_JKROTOOLEGNOME_07JPG.jpg

0_LEC_JKROTOOLEGNOME_08JPG.jpg

The Gnome travelled to Scotland with Liam where they watched last year's Champions League Final.
Liam also makes sure, that in the off chance he is unable to watch the match, that the gnome doesn't miss out.
Joseph added: "One time when my dad had an unavoidable family commitment, he put the football on the TV, put the gnome at home in front of it with crisps and left the house.
“Just because I can’t watch it doesn’t mean the gnome can’t.”

0_LEC_JKROTOOLEGNOME_11JPG.jpg

If Liam is unable to watch the match, he makes sure the Gnome can to keep up Liverpool's good luck
  • 0_JS89310543.jpg

Claims of three month heatwave
Liam, who is from Aigburth but now lives in London, has been a lifelong Liverpool fan and often travels with his sons Joseph and Calum, 20, to Anfield for match days.
Joseph said: "My dad is a die-hard fan and always has been.
"We were given no real option but to support Liverpool too and we have since we were very little."
The family have been up to Anfield six times this season to support their team.

0_LEC_JKROTOOLEGNOME_03JPG.jpg

Liam, Joseph and Calum attend matches together and have travelled to Anfield six times this season
Joseph added: "Football watching rituals are part of the beautiful game.
"Me, my brother, my dad, and the gnome will be in Madrid on June 1st for the Champions League final.
"We don't have tickets yet but it will be worth the trip anyway.
"If you see us come and stroke the gnome for good luck. #YoullNeverWalkAGnome."

Liverpool fan's hilarious matchday superstition that he hopes will bring Champions League final glory

Liam O'Toole has a three step ritual involving his Gnome that he does on match days

A Liverpool fan has revealed his dad's hilarious match ritual that involves a miniature gnome.
Reds supporter Liam O'Toole has a three rule superstition that his family and any acquaintances must abide by if they want LFC to score or win matches

Liam's amused son Joseph, explained the rules and why they are so important ahead of the Champions League final on June 1.
The 25-year-old told the ECHO how the tradition of "You'll Never Walk A Gnome" began.

He said: "My dad's friend Tony bought him a gnome with a Liverpool shirt on for his 50th birthday.
"It sat on the shelf in the living room for a while but during one particularly difficult match it was brought down from the shelf for good luck.

"A few minutes after the gnome was brought down Liverpool scored so it then became a good luck charm."
Over the years the inside joke between Liam and his family became a superstition that requires rules and full participation.

0_JS183347440.jpg

Liam O'Toole, lives in London but was born in Aigburth and has been a Liverpool fan his entire life
Joseph added: "To begin with I thought he was just doing it to make us laugh and to joke around but then a couple of times I came home and he was on his own, watching the match with the gnome sitting on the table."

image.jpg

CLICK TO PLAY

No matter who you are or how well you know Liam, if you enter a room with him and the gnome in it, you must stroke the gnome and say “You’ll Never Walk A Gnome”,
If you don’t and Liverpool don’t win, it’s your fault according to 25-year-old Joseph.
Joseph said: "When my friends have come over, or my sister's boyfriend comes in, before they are even allowed to sit down, they must stroke the gnome."
RULE TWO - The Offering

The gnome gets an offering of crisps before the match starts and more if a goal is needed.
Chocolate is then offered up if a goal is REALLY needed, and booze if the team are desperate.

Joseph said: "This was intro’d after some dodgy performances (Hodgson/Dalglish), and worked well."
The picture below was taken when Liverpool were in need of a fourth goal against Barcelona earlier this month.

Gnome gets an offering of crisps for match start, more if a goal is needed, chocolate if a goal is really needed, and booze if desperate.
Joseph added: "There are specific criteria of what crisps the gnome likes and this must be followed.
"Dad buys gnome supplies, hides them so that they don’t get eaten, and brings them out for the match (he eats them at full time)."

The gnome goes where Liam goes to watch the match and in the 2018 Champions League final, the pair watched the match in a pub in Scotland.
Joseph said: "My dad made everyone in the pub stroke the gnome before the match.

The Gnome travelled to Scotland with Liam where they watched last year's Champions League Final.
Liam also makes sure, that in the off chance he is unable to watch the match, that the gnome doesn't miss out.
Joseph added: "One time when my dad had an unavoidable family commitment, he put the football on the TV, put the gnome at home in front of it with crisps and left the house.

If Liam is unable to watch the match, he makes sure the Gnome can to keep up Liverpool's good luck
  • 0_JS89310543.jpg

Liam, who is from Aigburth but now lives in London, has been a lifelong Liverpool fan and often travels with his sons Joseph and Calum, 20, to Anfield for match days.
"We were given no real option but to support Liverpool too and we have since we were very little."

Liam, Joseph and Calum attend matches together and have travelled to Anfield six times this season
"Me, my brother, my dad, and the gnome will be in Madrid on June 1st for the Champions League final.
This guy clearly knows his stuff. The gnome has replaced Oncy's cock.

0_JS183347440.jpg

image.jpg

CLICK TO PLAY

RULE TWO - The Offering

• 0_JS89310543.jpg

He's got to at least lurk here.
And be on the spectrum.

Congratulations! Your Missus is pregnant.

I had a dream that I was out for dinner with Klopp last night. Was a good laugh.

Then as we were leaving and I was heading home he got in his car, all the back seats had been put down and he had a sleeping bag in the back and a Dortmund beanie hat.

I offered him my spare room, so he came back.

Not sure if he lives in my house now or why he was living in his car but surely this is a good sign. Surely.

I'm dreading this game. I don't think there's another team I'd want to face less. Spurs may be the team I hate the most in the premier league. I'm not sure why. I don't even know any Spurs fans.

Actual nightmare season for me if we lose this. 97 points and come second. Then lose the Champions league final to cunting SPURS and mongy Kane. As fucking if.

Me nerves are in fucking flitters and there's still a week to go. Whose fucking bright idea was it to have a three week gap from the end of the league?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom