• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool's Summer Transfers : Speculation & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read on Twitter (could be bs obviously but we take any transfer news we can), that some transfer news was revield at the presser earlier today. But embargoed to 2230 tonight.
Lets see if its something. Might be Lovren’s off for that matter.
Could be Lallana has agreed a deal with someone.

He did an Instagram photo earlier with a tag that read something like "Making the most of all these last training sessions with the lads".

Could be related perhaps?

It was just that Klopp said buying players will be difficult. So not much of an update.

Yeah, Klopp got annoyed at the question of transfers. Said he's made it clear, just too much uncertainty at the moment regarding finances. If money is made available, we might sign some players.

It sounds like it will really depend on whether we can generate good money for Lovren, Shaqiri, Wilson, Grujic.

Yeah, Klopp got annoyed at the question of transfers. Said he's made it clear, just too much uncertainty at the moment regarding finances. If money is made available, we might sign some players.

It sounds like it will really depend on whether we can generate good money for Lovren, Shaqiri, Wilson, Grujic.

I think what also isn't clear is for how long stadia will be empty for. Once they know when people can come back in, and what percentage of the capacity will be filled, they can start modelling income based on attendance. At the moment they don't know when they'll be getting any matchday revenue.

EDIT: Macca already posted this here:

Thiago.... No ????

So pissed off. A clear lack of depth and quality once you get past the first 13-14 players.

Origi needs to go, he is not up to the job. I was always one to give him time, that's just ticked past.
Lallana is gone.
Ox - should be gone. 4 games out of 5 he is a waste of space and constantly losing possession producing nothing more than an average game at best.
Shaqiri : can't see him staying since he is obviously not in Klopp's good books.
Gini : 1 great game, 2 average games and 2 shit games out of every five is not good enough but that's where he's at. If he can't get it back I can see why there is the purported interest in Thiago. He shouldn't be starting.
Lovren : should be moved on and a better #4 CB drafted in, it shouldn't be that difficult.

Minamino I'd give more time too (I'd give Shaq. more too but I can't see it happening). But the others have had ample opportunity until now and still don't look the real deal. That's still 5-6 slots in the squad to be filled - will FSG do what needs to be done?

The chatter suggests it seems unlikely and as this stage I can see us, next season, reverting to chasing City from a long way back whilst trying to fend off United and Chelsea with Klopp again feeding the youngsters to the FAC and LC whilst we fall at the Last 16 or 1/4s in the CL.

Our youngsters (Brewster, Jones, Williams, Eliott) are our brightest hope but it really is too early to expect they can cover the departures, never mind improve on them.

Whilst I should be feeling fantastic after winning the PL I don't. I'm really worried about next season.

Times up for Origi
Ox has had 1 too many chances.
Gini is not good enough, not buying all this unsung hero crap...game passes him by every fucking time.

A team like ours does not become crap suddenly, it is obvious the will and precision has gone a bit missing, I think next season if we are going to have any chance of retaining the title we need to ensure we play like champions and don't lose our will to win edge. We had two sloppy moments, hopefully these moments will stay in their heads so that they sort their sh*t out and get back their consistent winning mojo.

I don't understand how Gini scores a double for Holland every other game, then looks like bambi on ice when taking shots at club level.

It's a fucking mystery and then some.

The team is becoming a bit too predictable lately.

Others have worked out our style pretty well and how to defend it. With us not being fully committed throughout, it just makes it more difficult to win games.

We need different sorts of midfielders and another option in attack to change the predictability of our play next season. Or perhaps even more importantly, a new 2nd formation which we can go to, more seamlessly when the first isn't working.

I'd also like to see Ox, Lovren, Origi, Shaq moved on. Gini to be a bench player. And us to replace them with much better quality. Not going to happen, but i'd like to see it.

Id keep Ox unless somebody offers stupid money. Hes a limited player in terms of tactical ability but hes a good option to bring on against tired legs when space is starting to open up. Hes never going to be a first choice option for us be cause his distribution and covering play arent strong enough but as long as hes happy to play a squad role Id be inclined to leave him where he is.

Origi should move on because he seems to need to play regularly to look sharp and hes never going to get those games. Added to that we only have one way of playing and it doesnt suit him

Shaq looks like the bew Sahko, no idea why but appears to be on the outside which usually means its time to go.

The team is becoming a bit too predictable lately.

Others have worked out our style pretty well and how to defend it. With us not being fully committed throughout, it just makes it more difficult to win games.

We need different sorts of midfielders and another option in attack to change the predictability of our play next season. Or perhaps even more importantly, a new 2nd formation which we can go to, more seamlessly when the first isn't working.

I'd also like to see Ox, Lovren, Origi, Shaq moved on. Gini to be a bench player. And us to replace them with much better quality. Not going to happen, but i'd like to see it.
Agreed, we're still a very good side, but we're very reliant on our pace, power, intensity, focus and work rate. If any of these drop, we can't fall back on supreme technical ability to outplay the opposition the way City can. We're technically good, but not great, especially in the midfield areas. And you're right, we need the ability to change formation every now and again. We just don't have the personnel for that at the moment.

I'd welcome Thiago at the moment tbh, even though he plays in a position we're well stocked in. We could do with a world class player with supreme technique in midfield.

Jonas Hector (who we were linked with previously) as cheap back up to Robbo

& Allan Saint Maximim as a flair player back up option for Mane/Mo

Maybe 30m for those 2?

Sell Harry Wilson for 20m.

If we could get Thiago done then great.

Summer done

Jonas Hector (who we were linked with previously) as cheap back up to Robbo

& Allan Saint Maximim as a flair player back up option for Mane/Mo

Maybe 30m for those 2?

Sell Harry Wilson for 20m.

If we could get Thiago done then great.

Summer done

If we have 30 m to spend on those two, we should have bought Werner.

If we have 30 m to spend on those two, we should have bought Werner.

Is correct.

ASM from Newcastle wouldn't be a bad buy, a bit raw but a great talent. They'd want silly money for him though as he's their best player by a mile.

When do Newcastle get to spend their sweet Saudi oil money?

Doing the rounds today that a cross party group of politicians are going to throw their oar in that it shouldn't happen because or the crooked Saudis. Nevermind our country sells them billions of pounds worth of weapons to go on a killing spree in the Yeamen every year. Yeah you're too dodgy to have a football club, here's a load of weapons instead.

I know this question has been asked and answered 1,000 times, but things change over time...
Would anyone take back Philippe Coutinho...?

Looks as if Barca are will to take a big loss on him, and he was a great player for us.
Ok I did not like the way that he when about getting his transfer, but it did give us the fonds for Allison, and VVD...

I believe that his regrets his move but cannot voice it. But I believe that "IF" we were to resign him he would apply himself to LFC100% and be 100% loyal to the Manager Club and team mates, and although it would take a while after the knock to his confidence, we would see the old Coutinho once again
He makes Liverpool a better team

I know this question has been asked and answered 1,000 times, but things change over time...

Looks as if Barca are will to take a big loss on him, and he was a great player for us.
Ok I did not like the way that he when about getting his transfer, but it did give us the fonds for Allison, and VVD...

I believe that his regrets his move but cannot voice it. But I believe that "IF" we were to resign him he would apply himself to LFC100% and be 100% loyal to the Manager Club and team mates, and although it would take a while after the knock to his confidence, we would see the old Coutinho once again
Barca owes are shit load of cash, they're trying to avoid the trigger which will see us get another £25m. Looks like we're going for Ali (aka Thiago) anyway, so do not need him. I think we need a striker and Kevin (aka Cavani) fits that bill.

Every time Coutinho comes up there are a number of people who all seem to know exactly what the debt situation between Barca and us is, and they all differ. From "we sold the debt two years ago", through "Barca have only paid half of the base transfer & still owe us the rest" to "there's 25M worth of bonuses that could be triggered if he steps foot inside the Nou Camp again"

I have a sneaky feeling, noone on here really knows at all

Not sure the rat would pass a medical with that back of his

Every time Coutinho comes up there are a number of people who all seem to know exactly what the debt situation between Barca and us is, and they all differ. From "we sold the debt two years ago", through "Barca have only paid half of the base transfer & still owe us the rest" to "there's 25M worth of bonuses that could be triggered if he steps foot inside the Nou Camp again"

I have a sneaky feeling, noone on here really knows at all
Yeah, no-one on here knows but the Suarez deal, per Football Leaks info, was paid in 5 instalments - 1 up-front and then every 6 months after that, so it was fully paid within 2 years. If the two clubs used the same structure for Coutinho, then the whole of the basic fee would have been paid by the end of January this year and it will just be contingent amounts that are due.
Even if they went with the more normal structure of 3 annual instalments, the base fee would have been all settled by January this year.
I don't see that LFC would have allowed any finance arrangements that would have delayed that.

I know there's some connection between Udinese and Watford... but is it the same owner of both clubs? Is that allowed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom