• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Luis Suarez pwned by the Lizards and is Staying, and has said sorry to BR and teammates

localny

Well-Known
Real Madrid join chase for Napoli striker Edinson Cavani

Edinson-Cavani-celebrates-010.jpg

Edinson Cavani celebrates scoring for Uruguay in their recent 2014 World Cup qualifier against Venezuela. Photograph: Carlos Garcia Rawlins/Reuters
Real Madrid will compete with Chelsea and Manchester City for the Napoli forward Edinson Cavani after the Spanish club held preliminary talks with the Uruguayan's representatives with a view to securing his services before the new season.
Reports in Spain suggest Real had been due to speak with Cavani's agent late last month only for the discussions to be postponed while José Mourinho negotiated his departure from the Bernabéu and the club president, Florentino Pérez, concentrated on his re-election. With those issues now resolved, the meeting was rescheduled and held earlier this week in Madrid.
Cavani, now preparing for the Confederations Cup in Brazil having scored the only goal in Uruguay's World Cup qualifying victory in Venezuela on Tuesday, has expressed a desire to play for either Mourinho or the new City manager, Manuel Pellegrini, but is now aware of Real's interest, with the club apparently prepared to trigger the €63m (£53.6m) buy-out clause in the striker's contract if necessary.
It seems unlikely that either Chelsea or City would do the same, with the former club's interest at present having amounted to tentative offers involving a player exchange to make up the fee.
Another prospective target for Mourinho, the former Chelsea midfielder Nemanja Matic, wants to remain at Benfica for another season at least, potentially scuppering any hope the London club and Manchester United had of luring the Serb back to the Premier League this summer. Matic moved to Stamford Bridge from Kosice in 2009 for around £1.5m but played only twice, spending a period on loan at Vitesse Arnhem. Benfica secured his services as part of the deal that saw David Luiz move to Chelsea in January 2011, with the midfielder's form impressive in the period since.
That had prompted United and Chelsea to explore the possibility of signing the 24-year-old this summer. "But, frankly, I want to stay another year in Lisbon," said Matic. "Of course, someone like José Mourinho wanting me to go back to London would be an opportunity to prove that I can play in the Premier League, but I want to achieve more at Benfica, particularly in the big games."
The Serb, whose Benfica team lost out in the Portuguese league, the Europa League and the Portuguese Cup final over the last week of the domestic season, has targeted progress in next year's Champions League as motivation, with the final to be staged at the Lisbon club's Estádio da Luz in May 2014.

Hilarious Fabio, I kind of like the fact we don't expect much from the flair-full foreigners any more. *goes to put on carpenters song "I'll never fall in love again".

Totally with you. We all learned something - and it's for the best. We should only trust the trustworthy (homegrown alas plus the likes of didi and sami)
its difficult to become a foreign scouser nowadays. Players are welcomed to the scouse bosom at arms length, just to avoid future hurt.

I love coutinho, but i'm refusing to get too attached.

Torres destroyed me, i trust no one any more.

This. I pretty much expect anyone decent to fuck off at some point.
Couthino will play two full seasons from now and will be off whilst we'll still have Downing plodding along for us.

I'm feeling like a continuously mistreated needy singleton, but I'm still naively telling myself that Coutinho is not like the rest.

If he stays we will be some team next season. Once he's on the pitch next season all this rubbish won't matter.

Suarez is clearly not the first or even the 2nd choice for Madrid. The one they really want is Bale, followed by Cavani and Lewandowski. They probably think Suarez is too "dirty" a player for the squeaky-clean image they have of themselves. Sorry Luis, but at some point you have to start accepting responsibility for your own problems.

If he stays we will be some team next season. Once he's on the pitch next season all this rubbish won't matter.

Just like this season when he stayed, scored 30 goals and we finished 7th eh?

I'm with Oncy on this one; sell the cunt, and buy 3 top drawer players with the cash. He doesn't want to be here, he'll leave eventually so we might as well get as much as we can for him before his value drops, he's a fucking liability, he spends 10 games every season suspended, oh and he's the greatest cunt to ever play for us. The tinker, gypsy cunt.

Just like this season when he stayed, scored 30 goals and we finished 7th eh?

I'm with Oncy on this one; sell the cunt, and buy 3 top drawer players with the cash. He doesn't want to be here, he'll leave eventually so we might as well get as much as we can for him before his value drops, he's a fucking liability, he spends 10 games every season suspended, oh and he's the greatest cunt to ever play for us. The tinker, gypsy cunt.

Well that's very obtuse of you.

Our form with a current list of players was top 4. Sturridge and Countinho have liffted us a great deal and with added firepower we are bringing in if he stays we will be even better. Our starting 11 at the end of last season was massively improved on the team that started the season so your point for a chance is void.

Our form with our current list of players is 7th. 12 points off 4th.

Have a look at the table. It's incredible.

£53.6m is the minimum. He's better than Cavani

Unfortunately it would seem as though the only teams looking to spend big money on a striker right now are City, Chelsea and Real who, if you believe the press, all want Cavani as their first choice. Suarez would probably prefer not to stay in England so he's really only left with Real.

I'm hoping we see another buyer with deep pockets come into the fray (Monaco, Anzi or Zenit) just so we don't end up selling him to a team like A.Madrid in a cut price deal.

Unfortunately it would seem as though the only teams looking to spend big money on a striker right now are City, Chelsea and Real who, if you believe the press, all want Cavani as their first choice. Suarez would probably prefer not to stay in England so he's really only left with Real.

I'm hoping we see another buyer with deep pockets come into the fray (Monaco, Anzi or Zenit) just so we don't end up selling him to a team like A.Madrid in a cut price deal.

We shouldn't sell if the price is not right (I hope we don't sell him anyway)

I would like to see Coutinho, Sturridge and Suarez get a full season together. Some of their combined attacking play was sublime post January.

And when Kenny took over the results in the second half would have put us second.

Over a full season it didn't play out like that

Ya we lost arguable our most impressive player in those 6 months in the summer.

I would like to see Coutinho, Sturridge and Suarez get a full season together. Some of their combined attacking play was sublime post January.

Suarez is slated to miss the first 6(?) games of this season though anyway

Back
Top Bottom