• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Man of the match - Game 13 - Red Star Belgrade - Home - CL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gini - he's learned Dalglish's arse push, he's getting Whelan's arm shove, he just had a great game.

Shaq - a very good, tactically precise, performance.

Fabinho - very impressed with him - a couple of errors but generally a really promising overall effort. We now have Gomez, who can bring the ball out from defence, and Fabinho, who can travel forward from anywhere - it's a great dimension to have.

Would have been Shaq if he played the whole game....
But:

Gini - brilliant midfield play

Shaq - so energy

Fabinho - looks a rolls royce in there

Everyone played well, and Red Star were far from a pushover. Difficult to choose but I will go for:

1, Van Dijk (we tend to take him for granted now),
2. Shaqiri
3. Fabinho

1) Fab
2) Shaq
3) Gini
------------------
4) Robertson - really torn between him and Gini on this.
5) Gomez - just brilliant as usual this season

Gini - he's learned Dalglish's arse push, he's getting Whelan's arm shove, he just had a great game.

Shaq - a very good, tactically precise, performance.

Fabinho - very impressed with him - a couple of errors but generally a really promising overall effort. We now have Gomez, who can bring the ball out from defence, and Fabinho, who can travel forward from anywhere - it's a great dimension to have.
That's my pick too.

VvD, Gomez and Bobby were outstanding too.

Gini
Fabinho
Shaq

Gutted I can't give more, cos Robbo & VVD really deserve to be there too. Fucking hard this match to pick three.

Let's hope it's equally as hard from here on for the same reasons!

I thought Fabs grew into the game, but he had a few really calamitous moments where he was caught on the ball, and at least one of them could easily have led to a goal. He got better and better – I really enjoyed seeing his tackling, and having his aerial strength in midfield is a handy thing. But I don't think he was near the top 3.

I thought Fabs grew into the game, but he had a few really calamitous moments where he was caught on the ball, and at least one of them could easily have led to a goal. He got better and better – I really enjoyed seeing his tackling, and having his aerial strength in midfield is a handy thing. But I don't think he was near the top 3.
Doc, you put Salah in your top 3. Although he scored two goals (which should by anyone's standards seal a place in the top 3 players), I have found myself becoming increasingly irritated by his fluffed chances, wrong decisions, and technical errors. It's feels/sound harsh as I type it (especially as he has just smashed the 50 goals/games record) but he's still not performing right (he's been way off since the CL final) and was not amongst our best players despite the goals.

Doc, you put Salah in your top 3. Although he scored two goals (which should by anyone's standards seal a place in the top 3 players), I have found myself becoming increasingly irritated by his fluffed chances, wrong decisions, and technical errors. It's feels/sound harsh as I type it (especially as he has just smashed the 50 goals/games record) but he's still not performing right (he's been way off since the CL final) and was not amongst our best players despite the goals.
Scoring goals is the toughest and most important part of the game. The way he took his first goal was incredible. It was a great instinctive strike. He also chased and harried all night too. His work rate was incredible. He deserves to be in the top 3.

Scoring goals is the toughest and most important part of the game. The way he took his first goal was incredible. It was a great instinctive strike. He also chased and harried all night too. His work rate was incredible. He deserves to be in the top 3.

You're a fine poster, nay a stallion of a man, doc. But you've also never been more wrong in your life.

Salah didn't rank among the top 10 players on the pitch for kilometres ran, so I don't know what your metric is for assessing an "incredible work rate". He also should have scored or assisted about 6 other sitters that he totally bungled.

Fabinho, on the other hand ran the second most for Liverpool, but more importantly won more tackles than any other player across all Champions League matches in this round.

You're a fine poster, nay a stallion of a man, doc. But you've also never been more wrong in your life.

Salah didn't rank among the top 10 players on the pitch for kilometres ran, so I don't know what your metric is for assessing an "incredible work rate". He also should have scored or assisted about 6 other sitters that he totally bungled.

Fabinho, on the other hand ran the second most for Liverpool, but more importantly won more tackles than any other player across all Champions League matches in this round.

You get a like for calling me a stallion of a man. I'm going to show this post to my wife.

Result: Game 13 - Red Star Belgrade - Home - CL
1. Xherdan Shaqiri ------------------60 votes-------------5 points
2. Fabinho --------------------------55 votes-------------3 points
3. Gini Wijnaldum --------------------36 votes-------------1 point
CSB --------------------------------Alisson---------------0.5 point
A good thumping win in Europe.
Fabinho played well.
Current table:
1. Milner ---------3MOM-----12nd------13rd-------------------------19
2. Shaqiri --------3MOM-----12nd------------------------------------18
3. Gomez --------2MOM------22nd------13rd-------------------------17
4. Wijnaldum -----2MOM-----12nd------33rd-------------------------16
5. Alisson --------2MOM----------------13rd---------7CSB-----------14.5
6. Van Dijk -------1MOM-----12nd------23rd-------------------------10
7. Robertson ----------------12nd------23rd-------------------------5
8. Salah --------------------12nd------13rd-------------------------4
8. Mane --------------------12nd------13rd--------------------------4
9. Fabinho ------------------12nd-----------------------------------3
9. Sturridge -----------------12nd-----------------------------------3
9. Firmino -------------------12nd-----------------------------------3
9. Lovren -------------------12nd-----------------------------------3
10. Keita ------------------------------13rd-------------------------1

Thanks for voting.
REMEMBER: Don't vote on the threads as I only count votes through the link.

Result: Game 13 - Red Star Belgrade - Home - CL
1. Xherdan Shaqiri ------------------60 votes-------------5 points
2. Fabinho --------------------------55 votes-------------3 points
3. Gini Wijnaldum --------------------36 votes-------------1 point
CSB --------------------------------Alisson---------------0.5 point
A good thumping win in Europe.
Fabinho played well.
Current table:

Thanks for voting.
Incredible that Shaqiri is vying for top. Someone show this to Klopp.

EDIT : now joint top after Game 14 - Cardiff City - Home - PL

An odd thing about Fabinho - the vast majority of scouting reports and profiles of him from his time at Monaco made a point of stressing his pace and how it made him an excellent attacking player as well as a defender who could make up for his mistakes via speed of response. Yet after a few games for us he's routinely dismissed as being 'slow'. Certainly when I saw him play for Monaco he looked quite pacy, but it's odd how perceptions get fixed very quickly.

Virgil has been our best player this season. Something is wrong that he is not in the top 3 here.

Edit : I mean in the current table.

Virgil has been our best player this season. Something is wrong that he is not in the top 3 here.

Edit : I mean in the current table.

I think it has got to the stage that people are now taking Virgil for granted, and it doesn't occur to them to vote for him.

Current table:

Thanks for voting.

Further more, Virgil only has half the number of points as the player at the top.

Virgil is only half as good as Milner? Milner is best player this season? Surely not!

Either the people voting are not giving it sufficient thought or the system is not right

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom