• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Man U (A)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modo

A contentious scando
Kick off: 4:30pm Sunday 20th October

Man U injury news:

[xtable]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}Eric Bertrand Bailly{/td}
{td}Knee Injury{/td}
{td}21/12/2019{/td}
{td}None{/td}
{td}Ruled Out{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Anthony Martial{/td}
{td}Thigh Injury{/td}
{td}20/10/2019{/td}
{td}None{/td}
{td}50%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Phil Jones{/td}
{td}Other{/td}
{td}20/10/2019{/td}
{td}None{/td}
{td}50%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Aaron Wan-Bissaka{/td}
{td}Other{/td}
{td}20/10/2019{/td}
{td}None{/td}
{td}75%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Paul Pogba{/td}
{td}Ankle/Foot Injury{/td}
{td}20/10/2019{/td}
{td}None{/td}
{td}25%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Jesse Lingard{/td}
{td}Thigh Injury{/td}
{td}20/10/2019{/td}
{td}Currently Being Assessed{/td}
{td}50%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Mason Greenwood{/td}
{td}Lower Back Injury{/td}
{td}20/10/2019{/td}
{td}50%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Victor Lindelof{/td}
{td}Lower Back Injury{/td}
{td}15/10/2019{/td}
{td}Late Fitness Test{/td}
{td}50%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Timothy Fosu-Mensah{/td}
{td}Knee Injury{/td}
{td}No Return Date{/td}
{td}None{/td}
{td}Ruled Out{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Diogo Dalot{/td}
{td}Groin/Hip/Pelvic Injury{/td}
{td}No Return Date{/td}
{td}Ruled Out{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

LFC injury news:

[xtable]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}Xherdan Shaqiri{/td}
{td}Calf/Shin/Heel Injury{/td}
{td}20/10/2019{/td}
{td}None{/td}
{td}75%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Joel Matip{/td}
{td}Other{/td}
{td}20/10/2019{/td}
{td}None{/td}
{td}75%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Mohamed Salah{/td}
{td}Ankle/Foot Injury{/td}
{td}20/10/2019{/td}
{td}50%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Alisson Becker{/td}
{td}Calf/Shin/Heel Injury{/td}
{td}20/10/2019{/td}
{td}None{/td}
{td}75%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Nathaniel Clyne{/td}
{td}Knee Injury{/td}
{td}No Return Date{/td}
{td}None{/td}
{td}Ruled Out{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
(Everyone bar Clyne should be back)

Potential line up:
I don't think Alisson will be back for this one. He'll probably start against Genk. Salah should be fit and so should Matip.
So usual back 4, usual front 3, then there's the midfield.
I'd like to see us try Fabs, Wijnaldum and Milner/Keita. We'd have two fresh players in midfield. Hendo will have played 180 mins with England. Fabs got 10 mins against Nigeria.

So:

Adrian

TAA
Matip
VD
Robbo

Fabs
Milner/Keita
Wijnaldum

Salah
Mane
Firmino

Last edited:
I don't see why you wouldn't start Hendo (OK I do ;) ) and there's no way Keita will start. It's almost certain to be your team with a midfield of Fabs/Gini/Hendo.

Lovely if Bailly, AWB, Pogba, Lindelof and Martial are all out. Crocodile Tears

I think we'll see Alisson come straight back in and the usual Fabs, Gini, Hendo midfield.

Interesting to see so many injuries at CB for United. Who would start with Maguire if Lindelof & Jones are both out?

However a quick check on RC and no one seems to be worried about AWB being injured, so I assume he isn't - unless he was injured during the Internationals ?

This seems to be their most likely team (and not one would make our starting lineup - AWB most likely but even then it wouldn't happen. DDG over Adrian but not Becker of course):

-------------------------DDG--------------------------------
Wan-Bissaka------Lindelöf---Maguire---------------Young
------------------McTominay---Matic-----------------------
--------------------------Mata------------------------------
Pereira------------------Rashford-------------------James

SUBS - Greenwood (Pereira), Fred (Mata), Gomes (Rashford)

I believe we'll destroy them. 0-3 (at last) !

I think we'll see Alisson come straight back in and the usual Fabs, Gini, Hendo midfield.

Interesting to see so many injuries at CB for United. Who would start with Maguire if Lindelof & Jones are both out?
Tuanzebe. He's a very good youngster and I've been impressed whenever I've seen him play. Powerful in the air and on the ground.

These encounters have in recent years failed to live up to the hype. I expect it to be a cagey dower affair and one where they could nick a 1-0 win if we are not careful. This is a game where you can't judge on past form, and the club needs to motivated to win.

There are some Man U fans hoping for their club to be thrashed as it would make Ole's position untenable. I would be happy with a 1-0 win.

However a quick check on RC and no one seems to be worried about AWB being injured, so I assume he isn't - unless he was injured during the Internationals ?

This seems to be their most likely team (and not one would make our starting lineup - AWB most likely but even then it wouldn't happen. DDG over Adrian but not Becker of course):

-------------------------DDG--------------------------------
Wan-Bissaka------Lindelöf---Maguire---------------Young
------------------McTominay---Matic-----------------------
--------------------------Mata------------------------------
Pereira------------------Rashford-------------------James

SUBS - Greenwood (Pereira), Fred (Mata), Gomes (Rashford)

I believe we'll destroy them. 0-3 (at last) !

If that is their midfield then I think we could destroy them.

This is going to be a horrible game. I'd take any sort of win, but I reckon it will be a draw.

If that is their midfield then I think we could destroy them.

How many times in recent years have we looked at a United team and said that?

That said, if they do play Matic, McTominay and Mata, we should destroy them.

Two of them can't actually run at all, and then there's Young and Pereira, who are both fucking shite.

This is going to be a horrible game. I'd take any sort of win, but I reckon it will be a draw.
giphy.gif

I think it's unfortunate that we play them right after the international break.
On the other hand I'd rather play this Man U team at this time than any other.

As always they will raise their game for this one since there's going to be a lot of eyes on it. Typical really. But I think we will come out on top.

Last edited:
How many times in recent years have we looked at a United team and said that?

That said, if they do play Matic, McTominay and Mata, we should destroy them.

Two of them can't actually run at all, and then there's Young and Pereira, who are both fucking shite.

True but then players like Herrera always saved their best performances for us. I don't see Matic or Mata pulling anything out of the bag at this stage. McTominay - who knows but he has the ability to go missing.

Last season with United away and Everton away we showed them too much respect and looked like we were too scared to lose, we can't make the same mistake this season.

We need to be ruthless and go for the jugular.

Last edited:
How about we NOT start with this team?
And I'm not only referring to Milner at RB.
c2475a6dd60fd3ddfe4fc07c13470120.jpg

I saw on twitter some chat about Ryan Giggs claiming he was 'acting' so if that is the case I assume not.
I'm not sure the medical authorities will base the results of their examinations, or the FA adherence to their regulations, on Ryan Gigg's claims ;)

Will serve him right if the FA refuse him playing permission for 1 match anyway !

As always they will raise their game for this one since there's going to be a lot of eyes on it. Typical really. But I think we will come out on top.
9 times out of 10 we've got the fucking 12.30 Saturday KO after Int. break, so lets just give thanks for small mercies and spank these guys into oblivion. Would have been ace to have them at Anfield, but these guys look scared of their own shadow. There is so little confidence. To be fair to them, their defence doesn't look too bad at all, so this is likely to be a sit back and counterpunch game from them. An early goal or two and they will have to come out and play.

I think it's beneficial. We have a set formula and everyone knows their role. With so many players out United need more time not less to drill their match formation. A distinct advantage methinks.

True but then players like Herrera always saved their best performances for us. I don't see Matic or Mata pulling anything out of the bag at this stage. McTominay - who knows but he has the ability to go missing.
Herrera has already left the club ;)

Yeah, but things are so bad they’re even pining after Herrera now.

Defo win. All the pressure in the world on them and we are leagues ahead in terms of squad and manager.

I'm struggling to see a dissimilar outcome.

Klopp loves the game, he's a proper football purist, but I think in certain games that becomes a problem.

Utd & Everton are the biggest examples, he respects the occasion so much that he treats the teams with respect, despite the fact that really we should be treating them with utter disdain & battering them to bits when we step on the pitch.

Of course, that old cliché about scoring first applies massively though, should we play them off the park & score early in the I think they could crumble & we could utterly destroy them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom