• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Manure (A)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can complain if United now end up resting players against Leicester but have their full side out against us.

Yep shit outcome. You can guarantee they’ll roll over for Leicester and go all out to beat us.

Utd are playing Thursday, Sunday, Tuesday and then against us.
We are playing Soton on Saturday prior to the game against Utd.

We cant complain much...

So they will have to play 4 games in 8 days while it will be our 2nd match in 3 weeks, if we can't can't turn in a decent performance then we might as well give up.

I'd rather we play the fixture than accept a forfeit, there's no victory in that.

So they will have to play 4 games in 8 days while it will be our 2nd match in 3 weeks, if we can't can't turn in a decent performance then we might as well give up.

I'd rather we play the fixture than accept a forfeit, there's no victory in that.

Agreed, no excuse for not turning up. I liked the team from Sunday, with no Gini. Hope we go pretty similar.

Agree with first paragraph but not with the second. All I care about are the three points, besides which letting them get away with this gives a green light to the loony tunes among other clubs' fan bases to take a leaf out of the same book if it suits them.

Agree with first paragraph but not with the second. All I care about are the three points, besides which letting them get away with this gives a green light to the loony tunes among other clubs' fan bases to take a leaf out of the same book if it suits them.
Including our own fans.

I cant understand why any football fan wouldn't want to see a game be played. What's the value in getting 3 points if they aren't won on the field. The hollowest of victories, we can't catch them we can't finish ahead of them but we can still go to their place and beat them. If the game can be played it should.

But if there isn’t any kind of punishment then any group of fans could just pull the same stunt if they don’t want a game to go ahead for whatever reason.

I cant understand why any football fan wouldn't want to see a game be played. What's the value in getting 3 points if they aren't won on the field. The hollowest of victories, we can't catch them we can't finish ahead of them but we can still go to their place and beat them. If the game can be played it should.
Rules are rules we should have the 3 pts plain and simple.

Maybe I'm being pessimistic but regardless of their busy schedule i wouldn't be surprised if we're the ones looking tired going into the last 20 minutes of this match as we've been like that all season. Also we always seem to be lacking in confidence when going to Old Trafford the last few years even when we had a much better team and only having a good go when we fall behind.

You attach a sod of a lot more importance to a comparison with them than I do. I'm focused on one thing only, namely the fact that those three points could be vital in getting us into the Champions League places. Against that background, being picky about their "hollowness" is what I can't understand..

You attach a sod of a lot more importance to a comparison with them than I do. I'm focused on one thing only, namely the fact that those three points could be vital in getting us into the Champions League places. Against that background, being picky about their "hollowness" is what I can't understand..

If we need to rely on a walkover to qualify for the CL then I'd rather not qualify at all. But I guess we just have to agree to disagree

Yes. I'd add that our uniquely desperate injury list this season seems to me to make a difference to any calculation whether we do or don't deserve it. On we go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom