• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Matip out for up to six weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
time for JoeGo to do to Matip what Matip did to him last year ...6 weeks of top notch performances and the rest of the season he's #2 to VvD.

Urgh. Gomez better step up, because we can't have Lovren flapping about long term.

Lovren for the City game then, hope we get him at his imperious best and no brain farts. Can’t see Gomez getting a go for that game as it stands.

OK, let's look at the bright side.
It's "up to six weeks".
There's an international break coming up.

Should maybe rest him for the Villa game, although Klopp doesnt usually think like that.

How did Matip suddenly get hurt where he’ll he out this long? It’s the one thing that really frustrates me about him. So good but always gets hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How did Matip suddenly get hurt where he’ll he out this long? It’s the one thing that really frustrates me about him. So good but always gets hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's that special injury called NewContractolitus.

MORON

Injury prone mother fucker! Sell!

Gomez hopefully steps in now as he’s a better option than Lovren when up to speed.

Our squad is starting to creak with Salah, Matip, Shaq, Keita, Becker and Lallana all having injuries this season.

Hopefully we don’t get any long term ones to our spin of VVD, Robertson, TAA, Fabhino, Salah, Mane and Firmino.

Well Gomez and Lovren were unhappy that Matip stole their spot during their lay off. Now is their chance to step up

Hopefully Lovren can get up to speed very quickly. We were able to successfully mitigate the loss of Alisson without it costing us. Let's hope we're saying something similar in six weeks times. It's testiment to how good Matip has been that I'm pretty nervous about this layoff.

Well not too worried, think the other two are excellent regardless, and if most of you wanted rid of him for another defender in this league you could probably name no more than two other players. He has been excellent for us in the past on the big occasions.

Its got to be Gomez right? I mean he was no2 for a long spell last season until he got injured and the Matip rightly kept his place. I dont see why Lovren should suddenly be above him the pecking order.

Its got to be Gomez right? I mean he was no2 for a long spell last season until he got injured and the Matip rightly kept his place. I dont see why Lovren should suddenly be above him the pecking order.

Because Gomez has been largely poor this season and Lovren hasn’t?

We will be fine.. You could put my nan who has been dead for over ten years alongside Van Dijk and we would still be solid at the back..

No fear..

Besides we have Gomez, Lovren and that young Dyson fella as back up

Because Gomez has been largely poor this season and Lovren hasn’t?

It's in our medium to long term interests to get Gomez playing well again.

Lovren will be 31 at the end of this season and we know he's not good enough to be 2nd/3rd choice.

Let's see if Gomez can reproduce his form from last season. If he can't, we need to go shopping in the summer.

Are people forgetting already that Lovren is a fucking retard and has a huge fucking ricket in him every game? He cost us a goal at Genk, and he nearly cost us another one on Sunday while being bullied by Kane all game. We've got City coming up. He'll spaz out against Aguero and get punished. He fell akip last season against them and cost us a goal, too.

We should 100% be using this time to get the real Gomez back. In a way it might be interesting in that I bet it will cause opposition to over index their attacks around Gomez/Lovren & Trent (which deploying Hendo or Millie in midfield can support) meaning a) predictability and b) free up Robbo on the other side.

Are people forgetting already that Lovren is a fucking retard and has a huge fucking ricket in him every game? He cost us a goal at Genk, and he nearly cost us another one on Sunday while being bullied by Kane all game. We've got City coming up. He'll spaz out against Aguero and get punished. He fell akip last season against them and cost us a goal, too.

Agreed on this - at times he can look imperious in the air and with useful blocks but at times when he has come in at short notice he makes costly mistakes. Losing Aguero in the box last season was criminal.

We will be fine.. You could put my nan who has been dead for over ten years alongside Van Dijk and we would still be solid at the back..

No fear..

Besides we have Gomez, Lovren and that young Dyson fella as back up
Well to be fair solid would be the right word.

(Sorry) !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom