• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Mbappe mmaybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, money talks and winning shit consistently does as well. I really hope this CL title turns the tide, but like I said City is in a position where they can sign top class key players from other top teams.
We're not there yet and in that aspect having fans in a bar in Kathmandu means fuck all.

Means fuck all??? Really??? So having fans across the world is unimportant then eh...

Maybe we should just give up then? We will never be as rich as UAE will we... fuuuuuck.... we are doomed....

Do you even read what you write Modo?

I think you underestimate Messi’s genius way too much. If Barca said Messi was available for 150m, clubs with title aspirations would be all over it. I think we would too.
If there was a falling out between Messi and Barca now, I could imagine Man City, Man Utd, Juve, PSG and even BM making huge bids for him. It could even break the fee PSG paid for Neymar.

You rate Hazard but not Messi. Watch highlights of him of the season just gone

Guaranteed the new gen will know who Messi is in 50 years but will go "who the fuck is Hazard?" Hazard is a complete wank stain compared to Messi

Part of his appeal is that he is from Argentina, there are many nations in Asia that just follow Argentina in international tournaments because of pre Messi love for Maradona etc. So yes he is most likely to be remembered in 50 years time rather than some player in little Belgium, but more so for his achievements at Barca scoring many goals along with Ronaldo in a sub standard league with just 2 challengers for the title in the last 30 years or so with guest appearances from Valencia and Athletico Madrid.

Means fuck all??? Really??? So having fans across the world is unimportant then eh...

Maybe we should just give up then? We will never be as rich as UAE will we... fuuuuuck.... we are doomed....

Modo is onto something.. we need more fans in places like Saudi, Kuwait and maybe Oman. Untapped football cash....

I'm trying to be realistic, I've spent my entire 37 year life romantisising about LFC.
Like I said before, Man C managed to poach a player from us. So did it matter that we are so called "bigger" in the sense of history and fan base?
Bigger to me means partly being able to attract the best players in the world.

Last edited:
Part of his appeal is that he is from Argentina, there are many nations in Asia that just follow Argentina in international tournaments because of pre Messi love for Maradona etc. So yes he is most likely to be remembered in 50 years time rather than some player in little Belgium, but more so for his achievements at Barca scoring many goals along with Ronaldo in a sub standard league with just 2 challengers for the title in the last 30 years or so with guest appearances from Valencia and Athletico Madrid.

You're just wrong.

I'm from Asia...you're crazy if you think anyone here care about Argentinisn players more than Belgium, England or Spain...

Nobody is bigger than them financially but in terms of the actual size history and prestige... they are fucking way smaller than us for God’s sake.

I’m 9000 miles away from home here so a large amount of the footy I see is on FanTv YouTube clips or with Vietnamese commentary ( fuck u Martin Tyler) but have you seen the fan clips across the world celebrating our winning big ears? HUGE groups of fans watching in beer gardens in Thailand.... big pubs full of reds in Boston.... Australian Liverpool podcasts....

Do city have that?

Do they fuck.

I'm from Singapore.

Everyone here follows the PL one way or the other.
The day after the Barca match, a local prata shop (this is like a kinds of roti) offered four free plain or 'zero' pratas to anyone in a Liverpool shirt because... 4-0. The owner was an Everton fan.

The day before the Finals, at least four different food outlets ran adverts promising free food the whole of Sunday / Monday if Liverpool won on Saturday.

The subways were filled with Liverpool jerseys on Sat morning.

You know how many thought to celebrate a Spurs victory / City winning the league?? Not a fucking soul.

I'm from Singapore.

The day after the Barca match, a local prata shop (this is like a kinds of roti) offered four free plain or 'zero' pratas to anyone in a Liverpool shirt because... 4-0. The owner was an Everton fan.

The day before the Finals, at least four different food outlets ran adverts promising free food the whole of Sunday / Monday if Liverpool won on Saturday.

You know how many thought to celebrate a Spurs victory / City winning the league?? Not a fucking soul.

Not thinking about little well developed Singapore, more the indian subcontinent where they are mad about Brazil and Argentina. Am pretty sure that your experience is only covers a small population in Asia overall and I think you know it

I'm trying to be realistic, I've spent my entire 37 year life romantisising about LFC.
Like I said before, Man C managed to poach a player from us. So did it matter that we are so called "bigger" in the sense of history and fan base?
You have a very good and valid point. They did manage to take one of our best players but I think cash at clubs only gives potential to achieve great things, without actually making the club a massive club with a world wide following.

I'm from Singapore.

PIB (PAK, IND and BD) love cricket and that's the first love. Football comes a distant second, with most having a passing interest. From my observation, most are glory hunters. TBF to the guy he has been supporting them for ages but his support came during the Roman era

They poached a mercenary from us when things weren't great for us.

If Man City can get Mane, VVD, Salah or whole host of other great players that we have now, then you may be right.

They poached a mercenary from us when things weren't great for us.

If Man City can get Mane, VVD, Salah or whole host of other great players that we have now, then you may be right.
It would a lot harder for them now, especially since winning the European cup. We've been in this situation before. You know when Gerrard threatened to leave before winning the CL.
I'm not delusional we're bigger in every sense than Man C except money, but my point is that it doesn't matter to players nowadays.
I mean aren't Leeds and Nottingham big as well?

Last edited:
It would a lot harder for them now, especially since winning the European cup. We've been in this situation before. You know when Gerrard threatened to leave before winning the CL.
I'm not delusional we're bigger in every sense than Man C except money, but my point is that it doesn't matter to players nowadays.
I mean aren't Leeds and Nottingham big as well?

If we have a competitive team, no player would want to leave us for City.

It will take quite a long time before City stops being the other team in Manchester.

If we have a competitive team, no player would want to leave us for City.

It will take quite a long time before City stops being the other team in Manchester.

Eh? City can pay top wages and transfer fees, so why would any player who had the choice go to United over City?

Better team, better manager, more likely to win trophies. Guardiola is arguably the most famous and successful manager in the world, and is associated with playing nice football and winning stuff. And then there's....Ole.

The only possible reason is that they might be more likely to play at United, but good players think they will anyway.

Eh? City can pay top wages and transfer fees, so why would any player who had the choice go to United over City?

Better team, better manager, more likely to win trophies. Guardiola is arguably the most famous and successful manager in the world, and is associated with playing nice football and winning stuff. And then there's....Ole.

The only possible reason is that they might be more likely to play at United, but good players think they will anyway.

Of course few players would at this very moment due to all the reasons you pointed out.

Despite all that though, United are still the more famous team in Manchester.

@Tinto - if we as a team do not look like winning anything then players will leave us. Sterling to some maybe a mercenary but he also left to win stuff and under Rodgers in his last season he was playing for a manager that did not look like winning anything especially that shit fiasco in the CL that season..it was like we gave up that competion before we kicked a ball and our recruitment that season after letting Suarez leave was utter garbage shit fuck cunt amd wank. Any player of Sterlings class who had any desire to win something would not want to stay at LFC regardless of our history or worldwide fame blah blah blah. If we want close to the best players at the wages we pay compared to other big teams then we sinply have to compete and win stuff that mattera to these top playera which is CL and then PL and in that order of worldwide recognition.

Reactions: Y1
Don't be daft lads - We have more chance of signing...... Oh hang on...... CL winners and runner up in the season before? Humped Barca in the semi. Pipped to the post by City in the league after whacking up 97 points. An extraordinary manager who has consistently shown belief and a genuine love for the club and players. Boss fan base with 500,000 turning up for the victory parade. The current PL player of the year shoring up the shoals and possibly ballon d'or (it's deffo a possibility) He'd be a fool not too! It's never going to happen though but you can see the lure of all of that not turning a guys head scouse (not Everton... ARF!) side.

Don't be daft lads - We have more chance of signing...... Oh hang on...... CL winners and runner up in the season before? Humped Barca in the semi. Pipped to the post by City in the league after whacking up 97 points. An extraordinary manager who has consistently shown belief and a genuine love for the club and players. Boss fan base with 500,000 turning up for the victory parade. The current PL player of the year shoring up the shoals and possibly ballon d'or (it's deffo a possibility) He'd be a fool not too! It's never going to happen though but you can see the lure of all of that not turning a guys head scouse (not Everton... ARF!) side.
It was 750,000 not 500,000. The rest is good though.

King James is surely tapping him up for LFC. These 2 are like best buddies.

14829680-0-image-a-76_1560616034057.jpg

Our owners tend to get their man when interest is maintained. I remember when I started dreaming we would sign Klopp... I even felt the Firmino signing had a touch of already speaking to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom