• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

#Mbappe2020 Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
His contract runs to 2022, so at some point PSG will be looking to sell if he doesnt want to sign a new contract. Quite obvious really.
Anyhoo, its his wages that will the biggest issue.

Fabinho seems to be talking about signing him all the time. Come summer we’ll be saying they have to set him free.
We’ll become the cunts that Barca are, basically.

Do you know all these people who keep saying we can’t afford him, have they checked the coffers? Have they looked in to what’s free? What we make etc etc? I just don’t understand where it comes from. I haven’t got a fucking clue how much we have, I didn’t expect us to drop £200m odd on Alisson, Van Dijk, Fabinho and Keita but we did so there’s obvs a nest egg somewhere.

Also the people criticising his character, do you know him? Has he shagged your missus? People keep saying his attitude isn’t right for the team blah blah blah, there’s one video where he says he’s a superstar now, which tbf in the context, he is. So fucking what.

I know we probably won’t sign him (we will) but these reasons sound like utter bollocks.

It's only really @Hass that hates him tbf. I agree, he's not being a big head, he's just using the word he thinks is right for one of the most expensive and famous footy players in the world.

Sorry but that BBC interview this week just put me right off. Labelled himself as a superstar! granted he is. Just be nice if he had shown a little humility and not used the phrase. Everything about him says he would not fit in socially with this squad.

Mane, is a superstar! Never once says he is, has an iPhone with a broken screen but not arsed one bit, turns up to his local mosque not in his Bentley but some other less glamorous car because he doesn't want to flaunt his wealth, cleans the toilets there too and happy to do it.

We all dream of signing a Ronaldo, a Messi or a Mbappe and yes we could afford the asking price and even the wages but the way I look at it is would he fit in..? and would he improve our style of play...?

Yes he is a real talent and looks phenomenal playing for France and PSG, but Coutinho looked phenomenal playing for us, yet no so much at Barca, same could be said of Suarez who was the main man here but has to play second fiddle to Messi...

Remember neither Salah nor Kevin De Bruyne really stood out at Chelsea, nor did Diego Forlan at Man Utd.

Would Klopp have to change the way we play to get the best out of Mbappe...?

Big gamble money wise

We all dream of signing a Ronaldo, a Messi or a Mbappe and yes we could afford the asking price and even the wages but the way I look at it is would he fit in..? and would he improve our style of play...?

Yes he is a real talent and looks phenomenal playing for France and PSG, but Coutinho looked phenomenal playing for us, yet no so much at Barca, same could be said of Suarez who was the main man here but has to play second fiddle to Messi...

Remember neither Salah nor Kevin De Bruyne really stood out at Chelsea, nor did Diego Forlan at Man Utd.

Would Klopp have to change the way we play to get the best out of Mbappe...?

Big gamble money wise
Suarez is a bad example.

Suarez is a bad example.
Yes I can accept that; but what I was trying to say was that at Liverpool he was more like Messi in that nearly everything in attack when through him and that reflected in his goal tally, In the Braca side that side of the play is Messi's and Messi alone

Yes I can accept that; but what I was trying to say was that at Liverpool he was more like Messi in that nearly everything in attack when through him and that reflected in his goal tally, In the Braca side that side of the play is Messi's and Messi alone
In 180 games for Barcelona he has scored 142.
69 in 110 games at LFC.
0.78 goals per game for Barca, 0.62 goals per game for LFC. So not reflected by his goal tally. I have however been known to get my maths completely wrong.

In 180 games for Barcelona he has scored 142.
69 in 110 games at LFC.
0.78 goals per game for Barca, 0.62 goals per game for LFC. So not reflected by his goal tally. I have however been known to get my maths completely wrong.
I stand corrected on Suarez :muted:

[article]Kylian Mbappe was involved in a fiery exchange with Paris Saint-Germain boss Thomas Tuchel after being substituted in their 5-0 win over Montpellier.

Mbappe scored his side's fourth goal of the game on 57 minutes but was brought off just over 10 minutes later, a decision which didn't go down well with the forward.

The France international responded by venting his fury at Tuchel on the touchline for a full 15 seconds before taking his place on the substitutes' bench.

In an attempt to get his point across, Tuchel put his hands on Mbappe's shoulders while appearing to explain his decision and condemn his player's reaction.

Mbappe attempted to walk away from Tuchel several times before eventually walking past the German coach and strutting towards his team-mates on the bench.

The 21-year-old has scored 22 goals in 25 games in all competitions and would no doubt have fancied his chances of improving that record in the final 20 minutes of the game.

Mbappe's reaction was out of character for a player who has been widely praised for his down to earth attitude in the past.

Football fans on Twitter responded by blasting the youngster for his behaviour and suggesting other high-profile managers wouldn't accept his antics.

Twitter user @adnakhisna tweeted: 'Embarrassing little baby.'

Another fan, @ridwan1707, said: 'You have to respect the coach decision, mbappe is too young for all this drama. Pep or Mou will never tolerate this nonsense attitude.' [/article]

Purely based on a thirty second video I’m not sure that’s great management. If they’re really worked up just let them storm off to the bench and cool down.

Purely based on a thirty second video I’m not sure that’s great management. If they’re really worked up just let them storm off to the bench and cool down.
Maybe. But remember Klopp pulling back Hendo when he got into a similar strop?

Liverpool 'make Mbappe offer'

Liverpool are reportedly one of four sides to have made a bid for Kylian Mbappe according to reports in Spain.
0_Kylian-Mbappe-Liverpool.jpg

El Desmarque, cited by Sport Witness, claim the Reds are in the running for the World Cup winner.
However, their report says the Frenchman is not willing to consider offers at this current time and PSG have no plans to sell him this summer.

Reactions: Ijg
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...st-17777297.amp#click=https://t.co/LUBfvaCxMW

Liverpool backed to complete Kylian Mbappe transfer because of Jurgen Klopp

Liverpool have been tentatively linked with a blockbuster move for the France World Cup winner in recent months

Former Liverpool forward Peter Crouch has outlined the reason why his old club could secure Kylian Mbappe this summer.

Mbappe’s future is under intense speculation amid a reported fallout with PSG coach Thomas Tuchel a couple of weeks ago.

The European champions have been tentatively linked with a blockbuster move for the France World Cup winner in recent months, despite the world-record fee Mbappe would likely command.

Reds boss Jurgen Klopp laughed off links last year, admitting that the transfer fee would be problematic for most clubs in world football, but Crouch believes the German would be the reason why the Reds would beat Europe’s elite to the 21-year-old’s signature.

“Complete opposite,” Crouch told BT Sport when asked whether some of the Reds’ stars could leave Anfield in the not so near future.

“I’m looking at players like Mbappe and top, top class players who will want to come to Liverpool.

“They see how harmonious the group is, they’re winning every single game, they look like they’re playing with a smile on their face.

“Everyone in world football would want to work under Jurgen Klopp. He has built the club off of what Brendan Rodgers’ did, he did very, very well.

“Not only has he bought top-class players, he’s improved all of those players and they’re playing at the top of their game now.”

Crouchy has spoken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom