• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

#Mbappe2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evidence that your opinion on which forward we should or shouldn’t sign isn’t worth considering.

You’ve followed it up by creating a portrait of the man that bears no resemblance to reality.

Ffs, yes because suggesting Shane long would be a good addition 5 years ago is the same as suggesting the worlds most sought after player who would require us to shatter our wage structure and upset the harmony of the squad is the same thing.

What evidence do you have to say he would need to be the main man? Why have you come to that conclusion?

Also you said he'd bring an attitude problem. Where did you get it from?

I think it might be up to you to tell me why that assertion is in any way racist?

Honestly dude, coming out with he needs to be the main man and has an attitude problem while clearly knowing nothing about the person seems like you made a quick judgement and they follow the lines of what white supremacists historically have said about black people. So yeah, I just wanted to know what evidence made you come to that conclusion.

Now that I read back I don't think its intentionally racist, more seems like a list of wild assumptions based on the fact he is paid a lot of money now and is a great player.

Our only hope with Mbappe would be some city style third party image rights deal i.e. Nike is actually paying half his wages... unlikely but there should be no arguing his ability and fit in the team!

Ffs, yes because suggesting Shane long would be a good addition 5 years ago is the same as suggesting the worlds most sought after player who would require us to shatter our wage structure and upset the harmony of the squad is the same thing.

What you’ve been doing Dreamie, is arguing that Mbappé would want to be “the man” and cause problems to team harmony by being paid more than other players.

However- he doesn’t come across as that type of person - unlike a certain team-mate of his.

It’s a fact that the best players get paid the most - you telling me Messi getting paid more than anyone else in that Barca team has upset the Barca team harmony over the last decade.

Are Juve falling apart over Ronaldo’s wage?

Maybe having Mbappe in the team would raise the profile of other players and allow them to increase their earning potential from other external sources.

You’d do well to remember that Mane, Firmino & Salah are all 27/28, while Mbappe is younger than Trent Alexander-Arnold.

In all likelihood he’ll end up at Real or City - because they won’t give a fuck about “harmony” and neither will the rest of the squad while they’re wining trophies consistently.

In the event some sort of deal could be agreed - we would be stupid to not to be interested.

What you’ve been doing Dreamie, is arguing that Mbappé would want to be “the man” and cause problems to team harmony by being paid more than other players.

However- he doesn’t come across as that type of person - unlike a certain team-mate of his.

It’s a fact that the best players get paid the most - you telling me Messi getting paid more than anyone else in that Barca team has upset the Barca team harmony over the last decade.

Are Juve falling apart over Ronaldo’s wage?

Maybe having Mbappe in the team would raise the profile of other players and allow them to increase their earning potential from other external sources.

You’d do well to remember that Mane, Firmino & Salah are all 27/28, while Mbappe is younger than Trent Alexander-Arnold.

In all likelihood he’ll end up at Real or City - because they won’t give a fuck about “harmony” and neither will the rest of the squad while they’re wining trophies consistently.

In the event some sort of deal could be agreed - we would be stupid to not to be interested.

What has he done at club level that would deserve to paid what Messi or Ronaldo gets paid?

I hear you're a racist now, Dreamie. I bet that's why you hate Keita, too. Makes sense.

To claim Dreamie's comments there are racist, intentional or otherwise, is fucking retarded and part of the problem of today's society - looking for intent and offence where there is none.

I hear you're a racist now, Dreamie. I bet that's why you hate Keita, too. Makes sense.

To claim Dreamie's comments there are racist, intentional or otherwise, is fucking retarded and part of the problem of today's society - looking for intent and offence where there is none.

Racist.

Thank you. I may be a lot of things but racist is certainly not one.

For the record most the problems with signing a players like Mbappe wouldn’t be with him in his own right in terms of attitude etc but the ripple effect having such a global super star on such astronomical wages in our squad would have on the club as a whole. It’s just not the Liverpool way or Klopps id imagine.

What has he done at club level that would deserve to paid what Messi or Ronaldo gets paid?

I dunno Dreamie - how do you want to do the comparison?

Mbappe aged 18-20 Vs Messi & Ronaldo aged 18-20

Mbappe : 51 goals in 63 appearances for PSG in the league
Messi : 28 goals in 54 for Barca
Ronaldo : 14 goals in 66 for Man Utd.

Those Mbappe goals are for this season and the previous 2. In the same period :
Messi : 74 goals in 75 for Barca
Ronaldo: goals 52 in 66 for Juventus

So - why wouldn’t you pay him top dollar - what do you see that suggests he shouldn’t.

And remember- he doesn’t set the wage that someone is willing to pay.

I dunno Dreamie - how do you want to do the comparison?

Mbappe aged 18-20 Vs Messi & Ronaldo aged 18-20

Mbappe : 51 goals in 63 appearances for PSG in the league
Messi : 28 goals in 54 for Barca
Ronaldo : 14 goals in 66 for Man Utd.

Those Mbappe goals are for this season and the previous 2. In the same period :
Messi : 74 goals in 75 for Barca
Ronaldo: goals 52 in 66 for Juventus

So - why wouldn’t you pay him top dollar - what do you see that suggests he shouldn’t.

And remember- he doesn’t set the wage that someone is willing to pay.

What the fuck does comparing Ronaldo or Messi at that age accomplish. We are talking about them in the here and now. Both have won everything too many times to count and carried their teams for over a decade. They are two of the greatest players of all time and rightly are paid more than anyone else.

Mbappe has won a few French titles in a one horse race and been dumped out of the CL each season.

The main point is easy. Bringing in a young player who has achieved fuck all in terms of meaningful club football and suddenly paying him nearly double everyone else in the squad will cause huge issues, whether it’s his fault or not.

Just like if you bought Messi or Ronaldo at 20 and paid him 350k a week it would be a crazy move.

It’ll never happen nor should it. Let the fools at Madrid and PSG continue to do that

From the brilliant mind of Dreamie,

It would be crazy to buy Messi or Ronaldo at age 20.

Hahahaha

I’m surprised you didn’t think it was racist.

Nice job on misinterpreting the point though without calling me a racist this time

Reactions: C/O
It IS crazy to think of buying the world's 2nd most expensive player from the world's richest club.

Also:

[article]
In mid-August 2017, Kylian and Wilfrid Mbappé met with PSG Sporting Director Antero Henrique. They demanded a total of 55 million euros: 5 million for the signing bonus and a 50-million-euro salary for the duration of the five-year contract. Net. PSG agreed, making Mbappé one of France's highest-paid football players.

But as the Football Leaks documents show, there was a whole list of other demands that PSG rejected.

If, for example, Mbappé were to win the Ballon d'Or, he wanted to automatically become the highest-paid player on the PSG payroll -- meaning he would be making even more than Neymar. Paris Saint-Germain refused.

Mbappé also demanded that the team make a private jet available to him for 50 hours per year, another clause that didn't make it into the contract. But he does receive an allowance of 30,000 euros per month so he can pay his personal staff: a caretaker, a driver and a bodyguard.

His family was also apparently deeply concerned about the possibility that PSG would be found in violation of the Financial Fair Play rules established by UEFA. The rules prevent teams from spending more than they take in and Mbappé's club had just signed Neymar for 222 million euros. Mbappé's family asked about monetary compensation should PSG be banned from the Champions League, a penalty reserved for the most severe violations of the FFP rules.

Furthermore, permission was requested for Wilfrid Mbappé to be present during team practices. And for him to conduct additional training sessions with his son at the Paris Saint-Germain facility.
[/article]

Last edited:
It IS crazy to think of buying the world's 2nd most expensive player from the world's richest club.

Also:

[article]
After receiving documents from the whistleblower platform Football Leaks, Der Spiegel reviewed the information related to Mbappe’s contract with a network of journalists at the European Investigations Collaboration (EIC).

The article states that Mbappé asked for a contract worth €55 million that would see him become one of the world’s best-paid players. He demanded a €5 million signing bonus and a €50 million salary for the duration of the five-year contract, which the report says PSG accepted.

It then goes on to detail demands from Mbappé’s camp that PSG refused to meet. These include:

• Mbappé reportedly wanted a clause inserted into his deal that would see him automatically become the club’s highest-paid player, even eclipsing Neymar, if he were to win the Ballon d’Or.
  • Mbappé’s father, Wlifrid, reportedly requested permission to attend PSG training sessions
  • Mbappé reportedly wanted the use of a private jet for 50 hours per year. PSG compromised, instead offering stead €30,000 euros per month to fund Mbappé’s personal staff, which includes a butler, a chauffeur and a bodyguard
[/article]

but.... this means by the time he comes to us all his financial dreams will have been realised and he’s just at Liverpool as a fan that wants to win things. He’ll probably play for free.

I’m surprised you didn’t think it was racist.

Nice job on misinterpreting the point though without calling me a racist this time
Your point is pretty clear, it just is idiotic. If you have the ability to push the boat out to get the next generational talent... you do it. Most likely any deal would hinge on giving Mbappe the benefit of what his own imaging rights and shirt sales produce. Irs worth it.

On a side note, whats the tax rate in France? I'm sure its quite high, maybe there is something we gain in that equation too.

Can you explain why you think he needs to be the main man and has a bad attitude?

Your point is pretty clear, it just is idiotic. If you have the ability to push the boat out to get the next generational talent... you do it. Most likely any deal would hinge on giving Mbappe the benefit of what his own imaging rights and shirt sales produce. Irs worth it.

On a side note, whats the tax rate in France? I'm sure its quite high, maybe there is something we gain in that equation too.

Can you explain why you think he needs to be the main man and has a bad attitude?

The leaked document above but as I said to Stevie, it’s not him that would be the big issue. Most great players have attitudes. It’s the ripple effect of having bought a 20 year old who hasn’t won a CL or a respectable league title and paying him twice as much as anyone else. All of our big earners have earned their big wages at Liverpool.

What the fuck does comparing Ronaldo or Messi at that age accomplish. We are talking about them in the here and now. Both have won everything too many times to count and carried their teams for over a decade. They are two of the greatest players of all time and rightly are paid more than anyone else.

Mbappe has won a few French titles in a one horse race and been dumped out of the CL each season.

The main point is easy. Bringing in a young player who has achieved fuck all in terms of meaningful club football and suddenly paying him nearly double everyone else in the squad will cause huge issues, whether it’s his fault or not.

Just like if you bought Messi or Ronaldo at 20 and paid him 350k a week it would be a crazy move.

It’ll never happen nor should it. Let the fools at Madrid and PSG continue to do that

What would you expect a 20 year old to have achieved?

Are you seriously trying to say if we’d had the chance to sign Lionel Messi in 2007 - we’d should have turned it down because his wages might have upset Jermaine Pennant?

Madrid & PSG will continue to pay whatever is necessary to attract and secure the game’s best talents and continue to be successful.

Those crazy fools...

The leaked document above but as I said to Stevie, it’s not him that would be the big issue. Most great players have attitudes. It’s the ripple effect of having bought a 20 year old who hasn’t won a CL or a respectable league title and paying him twice as much as anyone else. All of our big earners have earned their big wages at Liverpool.
Yeah... it just happens to be such a stupid point that I saw the possible racist undertones in the first few posts you made. Which is why I said the assessment seemed racist. I made sure not to call you one. I still think you're completely wrong but I apologize for saying it seemed like a knee-jerk racist assessment, its been made clear that it wasn't now, for unflattering reasons.

Hey Dreamie...

How many World Cup Final goals & medals have Messi & Ronaldo got between them?

Last teenager to score in a World Cup Final was Pele.

Good job we weren’t interested in signing him when he was 20 - that would have really upset the harmony.

Last edited:
What would you expect a 20 year old to have achieved?

Are you seriously trying to say if we’d had the chance to sign Lionel Messi in 2007 - we’d should have turned it down because his wages might have upset Jermaine Pennant?

Madrid & PSG will continue to pay whatever is necessary to attract and secure the game’s best talents and continue to be successful.

Those crazy fools...

Not comparable at all as we were nowhere near where we are now in 07. And Mbappe isn’t at the same level Messi was at that stage who had won a couple of La Ligas and a CL. But in any case at 20 either would have been a big gamble to shatter the world transfer record and pay them more than double our big players like Gerrard, Torres, Alonso etc. Mbappe May go on to win loads but right now it’s huge gamble with all the money that would be involved.

Hey Dreamie...

How many World Cup Final goals & medals have Messi & Ronaldo got between them?

Last teenager to score in a World Cup Final was Pepe.

Good job we weren’t interested in signing him when he was 20 - that would have really upset the harmony.

Is that the same Pepe who’s been a huge let down so far? Beware signing players from France.

Mbappe has been playing for three seasons, and won the league in each of them, including one for Monaco. He's also scored in and won a World Cup final. He's done pretty well in terms of winning things in the three full years he's been around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom