• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

#Mbappe2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
That article is utter bilge. First off, it says Mbappe admits he likes us and Klopp, but there's nothing about that there.

Then, it says Salah has a bad relationship with Klopp. Yeah alright.

I wish I'd done journalism at Uni. Make shit up and get paid for it.

That article is utter bilge. First off, it says Mbappe admits he likes us and Klopp, but there's nothing about that there.

Then, it says Salah has a bad relationship with Klopp. Yeah alright.

I wish I'd done journalism at Uni. Make shit up and get paid for it.

Oh yeah, course it is.

There’s a video in there when he’s asked what team he’d pick on Fifa or something, and he says us cause were European champions, and then he’s asked if he likes Klopp and he just shrugs his shoulders.

BUT.

OF COURSE HES SIGNING.

It may be shitty journalism @Ijg but I think one of our front 3 will leave this summer - with our blessing - and we'll replace him with a high quality player.

Reactions: Ijg
It may be shitty journalism @Ijg but I think one of our front 3 will leave this summer - with our blessing - and we'll replace him with a high quality player.

Yep, I agree actually, I can't see our front three being the same next season.

Why do I keep seeing the odd comment like this? Is there some issue with the front three? The players look happy and content, we've won the CL and maybe we will win the league.

We lost players in the past because:

1. We weren't good enough on the pitch
  2. We weren't competitive financially wages wise

Sure you could choose to see the likes of Real and Barca as a step up, but really we are better than those clubs at the moment. Yes they could earn more a Real but haven't most of our players just signed new contracts with us? The club even admitted that one of the reasons we didn't make big summer signings was because we were putting some financial resources into current players wages. I think the club is doing really well from learning from its past mistakes with regard to taking players for granted financially.... I really can't see this happening...the players really do seem settled and I think the Coutinho episode has served as a huge reminder for what could happen to your career, the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Why do I keep seeing the odd comment like this? Is there some issue with the front three? The players look happy and content, we've won the CL and maybe we will win the league.

money, climate, prestige (the world 'knows' barca and real, and though we're a better team and massive too - their name is bigger) etc ...

Also, let's be honest, which one of our front 3 would have said their 'dream club' is Liverpool growing up? Mo I think has said his dream is Madrid ...

This has been mentioned a few times now... that one of our front three will leave. Why?

They’ve all signed fat new contracts.

Firmino isn’t desirable enough so that leaves Mane / Salah.

Who is spending 200M on one of them?

Real or PSG are the only options.

Can’t see why they would leave for PSG (unless they were being offered crazy money perhaps) so that just leave Real.

Would Real spend the money? They’ve preferred younger players in recent years (Hazard aside).

It's all sorted, my mate who works for Nike who I just made up reckons we're going to put him on similar wages as the rest of them, but give him his image rights inclusive of lfc shirt sales with his name on, that way he gets a billion quid a year but the others don't get pissed off.

In other news my sons mate who I didn't just make up plays for Wigan and he knows the kids at Liverpool, and he said Klopp has been having training sessions geared towards late goals, where three players get five minutes to break down seven defenders who do nothing but hoof it out when they win it. So it's not all luck after all

This has been mentioned a few times now... that one of our front three will leave. Why?

Can’t see why they would leave for PSG (unless they were being offered crazy money perhaps) so that just leave Real.

Would Real spend the money? They’ve preferred younger players in recent years (Hazard aside).

Suarez signed a fat contract - and was gone.
Griezmann signed a contract - and was gone.

Fat contract are nice, but they don't necessarily mean a player will stay.

Would I rather they all stay? Sure ...

Real have preferred younger players but the loss of Ronaldo has highlighted one thing - they need an out and out goalscorer. So Mo fits in really well with them - especially as it wouldn't cause an issue with Hazard, and they'll be selling a few players for ~100 mill+ (Modric will go imo, Bale too etc).

I think even if we don't win the league or Europe again (I think we'll win one, if not both) - we're at a point with the club, players and manager where every player wants to come to us ...

I think the Neymar and the subsequent Coutinho transfers has been the best thing to happen to us. Transfer inflation and wages have outpaced revenue growth.

Earlier, Real would have spent 200 million, gotten five world class players and compete for the Champions League straightaway. They are focusing on younger players in recent years because of the wages burden and also the fact that most other clubs wouldn't sell their star players for anything less than 150 million.

Barcelona's cheat code, Messi slowing down by his standards also helps us.

Yes, Real and Barca will still be viewed as the pinnacle for most players and we will loose players to them in the future also. But earlier, players moved there as they were guaranteed to play alongside star players who used to arrive every summer. I think the chances of them ensuring world class players being purchased every summer is less now.

The only reason I could see any of them leaving is a new challenge.

Win the league this year and it’s a possibility.

Ronaldo did it at United and I could see Mo saying I want to experience Real too.

PSG have said they are pissed off that Zidane keeps saying Mbappe keeps saying his dream is to play for Real.

If any of the front 3 is going, it's going to be Mo.

But I do agree that us winning the league this year would be more likely for him to go.

Bobby's heart is at this club & has his brazilian buddies here, & Mane will simply not be for sale.....his fight and graft for us is too crucial.

I think the Neymar and the subsequent Coutinho transfers has been the best thing to happen to us. Transfer inflation and wages have outpaced revenue growth.

Earlier, Real would have spent 200 million, gotten five world class players and compete for the Champions League straightaway. They are focusing on younger players in recent years because of the wages burden and also the fact that most other clubs wouldn't sell their star players for anything less than 150 million.

Yes, Real and Barca will still be viewed as the pinnacle for most players and we will loose players to them in the future also. But earlier, players moved there as they were guaranteed to play alongside star players who used to arrive every summer. I think the chances of them ensuring world class players being purchased every summer is less now.

This is a great point.
It will benefit us but only for as long as we continue to unearth great players at even better value. If we falter we lack the resources to spend at the top of the market across several positions, Virgil and Alisson purchases notwithstanding.

And it fucks United over something silly. So there's that.

Was thinking about Neymar whilst watching the Real highlights from last night and that Rodrygo kid (aka the new Neymar).

That transfer to PSG completely changed the market and all for nothing. Neither Neymar nor Barca have quite recovered from it.

Neymar, much like Torres, knew he made a huge mistake as soon as the contract was signed and Barca have near enough bankrupt themselves trying to save face and keep everyone happy. It feels like they’ve gone all in and are out of the game for a little bit.

Real have got some exciting young talent coming up. If this Rodrygo kid carries on like this, they won’t need someone like Salah.... unless they revert type and try get a name anyways.

Last edited:
Was thinking about the Neymar whilst watching the Real highlights from last night and that Rodrygo kid (aka the new Neymar).

That transfer to PSG completely changed the market and all for nothing. Neither Neymar nor Barca have quite recovered from it.

Neymar, much like Torres, knew he made a huge mistake as soon as he the contract was signed and Barca have near enough bankrupt themselves trying to save face and keep everyone happy. It feels like they’ve gone all in and are out of the game for a little bit.

Real have got some exciting young talent coming up. If this Rodrygo kid carries on like this, they won’t need someone like Salah.... unless they revert type and try get a name anyways.

I know Barcelona do not have a lot of money but I think they are going to do one more splurge to try to win another Champions League or two before Messi's decline accelerates. If PSG declines Barcelona's advances next year also, I can see them targeting Mo or Mane. I do think we will be well equipped to rebuff their advances next summer.

money, climate, prestige (the world 'knows' barca and real, and though we're a better team and massive too - their name is bigger) etc ...

Also, let's be honest, which one of our front 3 would have said their 'dream club' is Liverpool growing up? Mo I think has said his dream is Madrid ...
True maybe Mo has some dream liking for real but I don't think it is in the same level as was with Coutinho and Saurez desire to go to Barca. With Coutinho and Saurez I think the Latin element was a big driver... I just don't see the same emotional pull sir Salah so it may be easier to keep him... I definitely don't think we will see Salah biting someone or faking a back injury to leave the club that's for sure.

It will definitely be hard to lure Mbappe or a forward with equivalent quality (Sancho?) here unless a space in our front three appeared.

If we do make a marquee signing it is more likely that we sign an attacking midfielder like Havertz (Odegaard anyone?)

The one I hope we go for is Ziyech although the fact that we have not tried already suggests it will not be on.

I think the Klopp will not sign an expensive player unless there is a clear role or need.

True maybe Mo has some dream liking for real but I don't think it is in the same level as was with Coutinho and Saurez desire to go to Barca. With Coutinho and Saurez I think the Latin element was a big driver... I just don't see the same emotional pull sir Salah so it may be easier to keep him... I definitely don't think we will see Salah biting someone or faking a back injury to leave the club that's for sure.

I think all valid points ... It's why I said the player would leave with the club's blessings ...

Liverpool cannot afford PSG’s Kylian Mbappé, admits Jürgen Klopp

Andy HunterFri 8 Nov 2019 22.30 GMT
• Liverpool manager scotches rumours of deal for striker
• Klopp says club are in excellent position to sign other targets

Kylian Mbappé challenges Georginio Wijnaldum during PSG’s Champions League defeat at Anfield in September 2018
Jürgen Klopp has claimed Liverpool have “absolutely no chance” of signing Kylian Mbappé from Paris Saint-Germain as he addressed persistent speculation of a move for the World Cup winner next summer.

The Liverpool manager believes his team’s status as European champions and Premier League title contenders has made Anfield a desired destination for the game’s leading players. Klopp also admits there are no sporting reasons not to want Mbappé, a player he was interested in when the striker left Monaco in 2017.

Klopp met family members of the France international in an attempt to convince him to sign for Liverpool two years ago but he preferred to stay in his home country and joined PSG on loan before a £160m transfer.

Liverpool’s interest, their impending kit deal with Nike, which also sponsors the PSG striker, and a lack of signings in the summer have all fuelled rumours of an astronomical bid next year and a #Mbappe2020 social media campaign.

But Klopp, who rarely discusses possible transfers, insists Liverpool cannot afford the 20-year-old Mbappé. “Buying this calibre of player is difficult. I don’t see any club at the moment who can buy Kylian Mbappé from PSG. I don’t see any club, that is how it is. And we are involved in the clubs that cannot do it. It is as easy as that.

“OK, from a sporting point of view, there are not a lot of reasons to not sign him. What a player he is. But it is about the money of course. No chance. Absolutely no chance. Sorry for killing that story.”

Jadon Sancho is a potential Liverpool target and the Borussia Dortmund winger is friends with several fellow England internationals at Anfield. Speaking generally, the Liverpool manager believes his club is in an excellent position to attract its main targets.

The Fiver: sign up and get our daily football email.
“I don’t think we struggle with convincing players,” he said. “When you speak to a player you can feel it, this year, last year, even three years ago, you can see in the eyes of a player, I am not sure if honour is the right word, that it is good that we speak to them. The club is in a very good position. Image-wise, it maybe always was but now I think it is easier to live the life of a Liverpool supporter and that means automatically being in a situation to sign the players you want to sign.”

Liverpool can establish a nine-point lead over Manchester City on Sunday but Klopp said the title race is too early to call regardless of the outcome. “It could be three, six or nine [points difference], whatever; none of these facts make it finished at this moment. Yes it is important and we want to win it but is it because we think if we win we are already champions? No. If we lose do we think we have no chance any more? No.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“I don’t think we struggle with convincing players,” he said. “When you speak to a player you can feel it, this year, last year, even three years ago, you can see in the eyes of a player, I am not sure if honour is the right word, that it is good that we speak to them. The club is in a very good position. Image-wise, it maybe always was but now I think it is easier to live the life of a Liverpool supporter and that means automatically being in a situation to sign the players you want to sign.”
Guaranteed baller coming in, and prolly Mbappe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom