• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Melwood nod to Goalkeeping Greats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure but the fact David James and Adrian are in there is kinda laughable

Maybe it is a nod to those who have given their time to the club rather than trying to create some sort of elite club of good vs. bad goalkeepers. Is there a pic of the full wall?

Maybe it is a nod to those who have given their time to the club rather than trying to create some sort of elite club of good vs. bad goalkeepers. Is there a pic of the full wall?
It’s supposed to be a nod to goalkeepers that were no1 when we won 1 or more major trophies.

It’s supposed to be a nod to goalkeepers that were no1 when we won 1 or more major trophies.

In that case - what is there to cry about? Yes, Adrian is a bit shit, but he was a trophy winning keeper for the super cup and started 11 league games (where we won 11/11) for us in the year we won #19.

Who's the half wooden doll/half cat one on the left?

By process of elimination that, I think, is Bill Perkins, who was the goalkeeper the first time we ever won the league.

I believe these are the 13 goalkeepers who have won trophies with Liverpool (as in, being first choice for the league or playing in the final).
Adrian is included purely because of the Super Cup win.

By process of elimination that, I think, is Bill Perkins, who was the goalkeeper the first time we ever won the league.

I believe these are the 13 goalkeepers who have won trophies with Liverpool (as in, being first choice for the league or playing in the final).
Adrian is included purely because of the Super Cup win.

Yeah Looks like Bill Perkins. £200 from Luton Town.On his left is Sam Hardy I think. Right at the far right, looks like Ned Doig, who made his debut not far short of turning 38..oldest player ever to make a debut for LFC. Won the 1905/06 title.

Yeah Looks like Bill Perkins. £200 from Luton Town.On his left is Sam Hardy I think. Right at the far right, looks like Ned Doig, who made his debut not far short of turning 38..oldest player ever to make a debut for LFC. Won the 1905/06 title.

I actually thought the one on the far right end was Sam Hardy. I didn't think Doig was there, I guess he may not have been first choice when we won the title.

I think (could well be completely wrong), from left to right as we look at it, it is: Clemence, Reina, Perkins, Grobbelaar, Sidlow, Scott, Alisson, James, Lawrence, Adrian, Dudek, Westerveld, Hardy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom