• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Minamino

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haaland will stay at Dortmund for 2-3 years. And that release clause will get renegotiated along with higher wages during that time.

I think he’s smart enough to stay at Dortmund for as while but not sure about the release clause changing. He seems to have his path fairly well plotted.

Any indications from the reserve gaffa if he'll be playing tonight? I think Taki mentioned in an interview that he would rather play than go on holiday, but it was up to Klopp to have the final word on this.

Personally I would like for him to get more minutes, but it could also disrupt the tempo of the kids' playing style as was the case in the first leg where a few first teamers didn't really inspire more out of their juniors.

There’s - thankfully - a more coherent and careful approach, which minimises another Aquilani, Balotelli, Borini, Morientes, Carroll, Allen, Lucas, Cole, Downing or Sakho
Never.

Jesus.. It is easy to forget how awful our recruitment has been.

He’s gonna have to put on a bit of timber - he looks mega lightweight compared to rest of team

Interesting what an ex-player commentator in Japan was saying the other day during a game regarding what Minamino has to do to improve.

He likened Liverpool players to certain types of predators. As in, they only recognise something when it moves. :)
The problem with Minamino at the moment is that he's been so used to his teammates giving him the ball in any situation, no matter how crowded, because he had the responsibility in his previous teams and he could also usually handle it.
You see him asking for the ball all the time in areas with a few defenders around him, but he never receives the ball. Well, duh, our players would rather pass to a player running into space, especially as our players running into space are pretty devastating . So he needs to get this into his head that if he wants the ball he has to move like hell so that our players see him.
I know it sounds really really obvious. But a talented technical player like Minamino has been so used to being the center of everything, receiving the ball in tight spaces and making things happen, that he's not really had to do it in the past.
Training with our forwards everyday should hopefully allow him to reset and make his talent work under Klopp.
Here's hoping!

Game had taken place in the JLeague. A chaotic end to the Japanese Super Cup sees Vissel Kobe and Kashima Antlers which when down to an incredible penalty shoot out

[article]Takumi Minamino was convinced to join Liverpool by former Manchester United player Shinji Kagawa.

The Japan international heeded the advice of his countrymen when he decided to swap RB Salzburg for Anfield in January.

"I spoke to Maya Yoshida at Southampton but I didn't ask him about Liverpool," said Minamino in the club's official match day programme.

"I just told him that I would be coming to the Premier League, but I never told him that it would be Liverpool!

"I also spoke to Shinji Kagawa as he had played for Jurgen Klopp at Dortmund, too.

"Klopp talked to me about Shinji and Shinji talked about Klopp and from that I could sense that they had a really good relationship.

"Shinji said that Klopp was one of the best coaches in the world and now that I am here and working for him I have also realised he is one of the best coaches around."[/article]

[article]Trent Alexander-Arnold has lifted the lid on Takumi Minamino’s struggle to settle into life at Liverpool – and of the Japanese star’s issues with the Scouse accent.

The Japan international arrived in January for a bargain £7.25million from Red Bull Salzburg, Liverpool’s costliest signing since they paid £65m to sign goalkeeper Alisson Becker from Roma in summer 2018.

The player has endured a slow start to life in the Premier League, with Jurgen Klopp using him sparingly and the player, initially, only able to communicate in German through his manager, and teammates Sadio Mane and Naby Keita.

Both Mane and Keita spent time with Red Bull Leipzig and so are both fluent in German, so the pair have been the first port of call for Minamino.

And now Alexander-Arnold has admitted the player only knew the absolute basic English when he arrived and, having struggled with his Scouse accent, now says his teammate is learning the language at a rate of knots.

“I’d probably say Takumi [struggles most with my accent],” Alexander-Arnold told GQ magazine. “He didn’t speak a lot of English when he first came, but he is probably the fastest learner I’ve ever seen for someone learning a language.”

Minamino has done various interviews since arriving on Anfield and admits he is determined to win the trust of his teammates.

Following his outing against Shrewsbury in the FA Cup, the Japan playmaker admitted there was three aspects of his game he needed to improve.

“I need to raise my tactical awareness and show my versatility,” he said.

“I started in a role that I’m used to, where I was able to receive the ball in good positions, but in the 2nd half I became less involved. I have to be more aggressive.”

Since then, he has been more forthright about his struggles to adapt.

“In the last three months there have been areas which I’m quite happy about,” Minamino said. “But personally I would love to contribute more to goals and assists – I’m feeling very hungry about that.

“I don’t really know how much I still need to learn. But day by day, I’m feeling that I understand his [Klopp’s] philosophies and I’m getting better.

“I have to show results. I think this is very important in order to win trust from the teammates and trust from the supporters. I think this is a very important thing that I have to achieve.”[/article]

Have no doubt he'll come good here, just about adapting to life abroad.

Team mates & staff will be helping him out every day in training.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom