• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

MK Dons (A)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modo

A contentious scando
Wednesday September 25, kick-off 7.45pm BST

I'm scratching my head here...after those last 20 minutes against Chelsea where the entire team looked like they've just finished the London Marathon, how are we going to line up 3 days later?
Most of them clearly need a week off and we play Sheff U on Saturday. Yup, we got the early game 12.30pm.

Will it be something like this?

---------------Adrian
?--------Gomez - Lovren --------?
----Oxlade--Lallana----Milner
Shaq------Brewster-----?

Options:
Origi - Will he be ready?
Keita - Same here.
Jones
Hooever
Elliott
Van den Berg

So does Keita come straight back in with Milner playing left back instead? Who plays right back, Gomez? In that case who plays in the middle?

Klopp didn't make any big signings this summer as we all know, but I didn't think it would affect us this early in the season.

Said it before, but I don't see us being able to compete in 5 competitions this season with the squad we have.
Klopp should rest everyone who started against Chelsea except Adrian.
Yes, we have gaps in the 2nd team. We're missing two natural fullbacks. Clyne would have been a great option.
We're missing a defensive midfielder and we're also missing a wing forward.

I dont know anything about MK Dons so I have no idea what to expect.
They've lost their last 2 games and are currently in 15th place in League One.

The problem as always is that if wholesale changes are made the team will lack cohesiveness and fluency.

I expect Hendo and Milner to play, to provide some stability and continuity.
OX and Lallana as well.

Milner, Lovren and Gomez at the back with one of VVD/ Matip. Shaqiri and Brewster - I hope their time has finally come .

Adrian
Gomez, Lovren, Matip, Milner
Ox, Lallana, Hendo
Shaqiri, Brewster, Origi

Subs: Elliot, Jones, Keita, Hoever

Adrian Hoever Gomez Lovren Robertson Milner Ox Keita Lallana Shaqiri Brewster

Something like that.

If Naby isnt to start then play Curtis Jones

Tough game to plan a team for as there are a) first teamers who aren't getting game time and probably should and b) youth players impressing whose development would benefit from this game.

Block A: Gomez, Lovren, Oxlade, Lallana, Shaq, Origi, Brewster
Block B: Elliot, Jones, Hoever, SVDB, Lewis, Laroucsi

There aren't many actual CMs in this group but i'd be willing to put Lallana in his 'new' holding role here

------------------Adrian-----------------
Hoever--Gomez--v/d Berg--Lewis
-----------Lallana----Millie------------- Millie to protect the two juniors behind him
------------------Ox----------------------
Elliot-----------Origi-------------Shaq I'd like to see Shaq start as I think we should consider using him in the CL vs Salzberg

Priority Subs: Jones & Brewster

Wouldn't be surprised to see one of Gini, VVD or Trent giving the nod to add some experience to this line up though.

Wednesday September 25, kick-off 7.45pm BST

I'm scratching my head here...after those last 20 minutes against Chelsea where the entire team looked like they've just finished the London Marathon, how are we going to line up 3 days later?
Most of them clearly need a week off and we play Sheff U on Saturday. Yup, we got the early game 12.30pm.

Will it be something like this?

---------------Adrian
?--------Gomez - Lovren --------?
----Oxlade--Lallana----Milner
Shaq------Brewster-----?

Options:
Origi - Will he be ready?
Keita - Same here.
Jones
Hooever
Elliott
Van den Berg

So does Keita come straight back in with Milner playing left back instead? Who plays right back, Gomez? In that case who plays in the middle?

Klopp didn't make any big signings this summer as we all know, but I didn't think it would affect us this early in the season.

Said it before, but I don't see us being able to compete in 5 competitions this season with the squad we have.
Klopp should rest everyone who started against Chelsea except Adrian.
Yes, we have gaps in the 2nd team. We're missing two natural fullbacks. Clyne would have been a great option.
We're missing a defensive midfielder and we're also missing a wing forward.

I dont know anything about MK Dons so I have no idea what to expect.
They've lost their last 2 games and are currently in 15th place in League One.
Shouldn't be afraid to experiment.
-----------------------Adrian--------------------
Hooever-------Gomez------Lovren-------Milner
+++++++++++VDB+++++++++++++
+-+++++++Ox+++++Lallana++++++
Shaq++++Brewster++++++Elliott

Shouldn't be afraid to experiment.
-----------------------Adrian--------------------
Hooever-------Gomez------Lovren-------Milner
+++++++++++VDB+++++++++++++
+-+++++++Ox+++++Lallana++++++
Shaq++++Brewster++++++Elliott

Yeah, play a 17 year old foreign CB in the defensive midfield role. That's a fucking great idea.

And two other 17 year olds making their senior debut! Wait, one's 16!

I think we may well see Brewster starting, at the very least, but it's more likely that Lallana will play that holding role, and certainly I would expect to see Gomez, Ox, Shaqiri and Lovren start.

Return of the shaq for me I hope he plays a blinder and also keep a few big guns on bench in case we need them.

Yep, for me it has to be fringe players busting a gut alongside the courage and folly of youth players.

And we'll smash 'em into next week.

Rest everyone bar Adrian.

It’s MK Dons and we have enough quality who want to impress.

Adrian
Hoveer
Van Berg
Lovren
Gomez
Lallana
Ox
Kieta
Shaq
Brewster
Origi

I'd hazard a guess that it will be similar to the below.

Shaqiri, Ox, Gomez, and Keita I think are guaranteed to start.

---------------Kelleher---------------------
Hoever--------Gomez - Lovren --------Larouci
----Milner--Keita----Lallana
Shaqiri------Brewster-----Oxlade

Last edited:
I would rest the whole of the first team, including adrian. Play some of the kids like hoover and harvey elliot.

We have a paper thin squad of first team quality, we need to save those players for the league.

Seeing how knackered the team were in the second half, I would be tempted to sack off the champions league and focus entirely on the league. It will never happen under klopp.

Yeah, play a 17 year old foreign CB in the defensive midfield role. That's a fucking great idea.

And two other 17 year olds making their senior debut! Wait, one's 16!

I think we may well see Brewster starting, at the very least, but it's more likely that Lallana will play that holding role, and certainly I would expect to see Gomez, Ox, Shaqiri and Lovren start.
Its MK Dons, our ladies team should be able to beat them

Priority for EPL and CL. Throw in the yoof for everything else!

There is that but we also have to protect the youth, if we get beat like utd did there few years ago what would that do to their confidence?

I think Klopp will ring the changes but also go pretty strong I.e maybe only Brewster & Hoever involved from the yoof

I would rest the whole of the first team, including adrian. Play some of the kids like hoover and harvey elliot.

We have a paper thin squad of first team quality, we need to save those players for the league.

Seeing how knackered the team were in the second half, I would be tempted to sack off the champions league and focus entirely on the league. It will never happen under klopp.

I'm not sure any manager would "sack off" the Champions League entirely.

Three tough games after this also - Sheff Utd (a), Salzberg (a), Leicester (h). Need to be full strength for that run of 3 in a week so rest everyone of note in advance and ideally get anyone who might feature in the CL some good minutes (Shaq, Origi, Millie perhaps).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom