• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Mo Salah

Status
Not open for further replies.

HC

Very Well-Known
Is it too soon to declare he's boss? (Notwithstanding his profligacy in front of goal)

He's also standard chartered's of the month for August appaz

Great start to the season, I reckon he'll get a lot of goals.
Not sure about that player of the month award though. Mane was on another level.

Is it too soon to declare he's boss? (Notwithstanding his profligacy in front of goal)

He's also standard chartered's of the month for August appaz

I think it's fair to say that he has "hit the ground running" in every sense

He's had an excellent start for sure but, having watched him tank at Chelsea, I'm going to reserve judgment until I've seen that he can maintain it.

He's had an excellent start for sure but, having watched him tank at Chelsea, I'm going to reserve judgment until I've seen that he can maintain it.

I think he already has more goals and assists with us than during his entire Chelsea tenure where he was barely used and never deployed in a manner that allowed him to unleash his pace and creativity. I think it has been testified to repeatedly that when Lukaku, De Bruyne and the like failed in the dog days of Mourinho's Chelsea, we shouldn't use that as a yardstick of a young player's potential. He has continued his form from Italy where he was consistently excellent.. I thought he was going to be boss, and I feel vindicated thus far and have every expectation of continuing to enjoy his performances. There is no doubt he could score more of the chances he gets, though he needs to be fair on the opposition. If he scored all of them we'd win every game by double figures.

Chelsea played a system which didn't give him the platform to perform. Plus he barely played.

I'd say his time at Chelsea was the aberration, and every other club he's been at he's been boss

I'm not sure how he can fail in Klopps system , he will make chances even if he doesn't score himself as much as he should.

I think he already has more goals and assists with us than during his entire Chelsea tenure where he was barely used and never deployed in a manner that allowed him to unleash his pace and creativity. I think it has been testified to repeatedly that when Lukaku, De Bruyne and the like failed in the dog days of Mourinho's Chelsea, we shouldn't use that as a yardstick of a young player's potential. He has continued his form from Italy where he was consistently excellent.. I thought he was going to be boss, and I feel vindicated thus far and have every expectation of continuing to enjoy his performances. There is no doubt he could score more of the chances he gets, though he needs to be fair on the opposition. If he scored all of them we'd win every game by double figures.

Not sure it's that fair to describe the "failure" of players like De Bruyne, Lukaku and Salah as them being collateral damage in the "dog days" of Mourinho's Chelsea, given they won the league in 2014-2015 and Mourinho was named manager of the year, that being the first season in which de Bruyne really shone in the Bundesliga and the one in which Lukaku's rival for a place in the team was Diego Costa, who scored 20 goals.

Has anyone seen the tunnel cam footage of his goal against Arsenal? It's comical, he's like a whippet, and the Arsenal team are like a schoolboy team chasing after him.

Not sure it's that fair to describe the "failure" of players like De Bruyne, Lukaku and Salah as them being collateral damage in the "dog days" of Mourinho's Chelsea, given they won the league in 2014-2015 and Mourinho was named manager of the year, that being the first season in which de Bruyne really shone in the Bundesliga and the one in which Lukaku's rival for a place in the team was Diego Costa, who scored 20 goals.

They essentially were though. They arguably lost a year in their respective careers, for what? Chelsea to take them off the market?

They essentially were though. They arguably lost a year in their respective careers, for what? Chelsea to take them off the market?

Yeah, but so what? Lukaku wasn't going to displace Costa, and it's hardly as if De Bruyne and especially Salah were going to get loads of games when the likes of Hazard and Willian were around.

Dog days suggests a period of dour, grey unhappiness. Not winning the fucking title again.

He's fucking great! It's funny actually - I was chatting to a Chelsea fan at my lads footy class on Sunday and he's fucking gutted. Pretty funny as he was taking the piss a few weeks earlier declaring 'he was a one trick pony' - I pointed out on Sunday it appears that he is in fact a three trick pony 'pace, assists and goals' :D

He's done well enough, so credit to him, although Mane has been a lot better this month. Scored a crucial goal in every game and is just generally a better player.

He's done well enough, so credit to him, although Mane has been a lot better this month. Scored a crucial goal in every game and is just generally a better player.

Bit backhanded that Ibro, he's done as well as any new player I can remember. Mane has the benefit of a season under his belt. They're both gonna be a real handful for opponents.

Well apart from all that, i stand by my point. Maureen didn't really like giving young talent a chance to shine. Throughout his days. I know you want to have his babies, but you can concede that. And don't expect your babies to get in his team.

I agree that Mane has been better btw, in fact, he has stepped it up from last season, when he already looked like our most penetrative player. I think moving to the left has actually suited his game, as has having another pacey player to distract opposing defenders. Mane looks incredible. It doesn't diminsh the fact that Salah has just slotted in and looked every inch a Liverpool first teamer.

Mohammed is better than Jesus and Moses.

Runs off to make a banner with said statement

Mane has been our best player, but Salah and Firmino both have run him close. Salah is a very specific player who slotted into our tactical set up seamlessly and we've reaped the benefit. It's nice of us that we've actually identified the problem and found the player who rectifies it perfectly. Similar to what the Mancs have done with Matic and Lukaku. They are always the best signings. The ones where we're scratching our heads and muttering words like 'depth' and 'option' inevitably turn out either average or poor.

Charts in the link above
[article]European clubs paid on average 30% more than a player was worth during the recent transfer window, a study says.

The CIES Football Observatory, using a transfer value algorithm, claims Paris St-Germain's proposed 180m euro (£165.7m) deal to sign Monaco forward Kylian Mbappe was the most overpriced.

It says the fee was 87.4m euros (£80.4m) more than his estimated worth.

The study also suggests Manchester City overpaid by 29m euros to sign Benjamin Mendy from Monaco for 57.5m.

The Football Observatory uses various statistics, including age, goals and points won by the team, to calculate a value for a player.

Goalkeeper Jordan Pickford, 23, left Sunderland for Everton for 34.3m euros (£31.6m) in the summer was called up to the England squad last month.

However, according to the Football Observatory, that fee was 27.5m euros (£23.5m) more than Pickford's estimated worth.

The study also said Manchester United overpaid by 20.1m euros (£18.5m) to sign Nemanja Matic from Chelsea, although former England striker and BBC pundit Ian Wright described it as the "last part of the jigsaw" for United.

Mohamed Salah's 50m euro (£46m) move from Roma to Liverpool was less than the forward's estimated value of 69.4m euros (£63.9m).

According to the Football Observatory, clubs in Europe's big five leagues (England's Premier League, Spain's La Liga, Italy's Serie A, Germany's Bundesliga and France's Ligue 1) spent a record 5.9 billion euros (£5.4bn), a 41% increase on the previous year.

Following Neymar's 222m euros (£204m) move from Barcelona to PSG, world players' union Fifpro criticised the "anti-competitive, unjustified and illegal" transfer rules governed by Fifa and called on the European Commission to investigate transfer fees within the European Union.

The Football Observatory is also keen for the distribution of transfer fees to be addressed, suggesting an increase in indemnities paid to the clubs that develop players.[/article]

No idea how they arrive at these figures though.

Charts in the link above
[article]European clubs paid on average 30% more than a player was worth during the recent transfer window, a study says.

The CIES Football Observatory, using a transfer value algorithm, claims Paris St-Germain's proposed 180m euro (£165.7m) deal to sign Monaco forward Kylian Mbappe was the most overpriced.

It says the fee was 87.4m euros (£80.4m) more than his estimated worth.

The study also suggests Manchester City overpaid by 29m euros to sign Benjamin Mendy from Monaco for 57.5m.

The Football Observatory uses various statistics, including age, goals and points won by the team, to calculate a value for a player.

Goalkeeper Jordan Pickford, 23, left Sunderland for Everton for 34.3m euros (£31.6m) in the summer was called up to the England squad last month.

However, according to the Football Observatory, that fee was 27.5m euros (£23.5m) more than Pickford's estimated worth.

The study also said Manchester United overpaid by 20.1m euros (£18.5m) to sign Nemanja Matic from Chelsea, although former England striker and BBC pundit Ian Wright described it as the "last part of the jigsaw" for United.

Mohamed Salah's 50m euro (£46m) move from Roma to Liverpool was less than the forward's estimated value of 69.4m euros (£63.9m).

According to the Football Observatory, clubs in Europe's big five leagues (England's Premier League, Spain's La Liga, Italy's Serie A, Germany's Bundesliga and France's Ligue 1) spent a record 5.9 billion euros (£5.4bn), a 41% increase on the previous year.

Following Neymar's 222m euros (£204m) move from Barcelona to PSG, world players' union Fifpro criticised the "anti-competitive, unjustified and illegal" transfer rules governed by Fifa and called on the European Commission to investigate transfer fees within the European Union.

The Football Observatory is also keen for the distribution of transfer fees to be addressed, suggesting an increase in indemnities paid to the clubs that develop players.[/article]

No idea how they arrive at these figures though.

I saw one earlier from the same geezers claiming Sakho's true value was £4.6m, so Palace had been well rinsed!

It's a silly point for them to try and make anyway, a player is only ever worth what the buying club are prepared to pay.

He's boss. And judging by some of the deals this window, he's a bargain.

He's fucking great! It's funny actually - I was chatting to a Chelsea fan at my lads footy class on Sunday and he's fucking gutted. Pretty funny as he was taking the piss a few weeks earlier declaring 'he was a one trick pony' - I pointed out on Sunday it appears that he is in fact a three trick pony 'pace, assists and goals' :D

He perhaps doesn't have that dead-eyed swagger and clinical edge to his game that, for example, Mane seems to have, but as you and many others have pointed out, he is deliriously fast, works his nuts off and follows up shots and half-chances to put himself 10 yards out and with a shot at goal in every game he's played so far.

Which is probably why he's scored three goals already, assisted in the same amount and looked dangerous in every game.

His "dangerous" isn't the same as the guided missile type of danger that Mane offers - it's more a boxful of big fireworks that someone has chucked a match into, but the end result is still going to be a big fucking bang.

Well apart from all that, i stand by my point. Maureen didn't really like giving young talent a chance to shine. Throughout his days. I know you want to have his babies, but you can concede that. And don't expect your babies to get in his team.

*sulks*

He can't be expected to keep this blistering start going for the entire season, but if it's like this more often than not, he's going to be a bargain.

But then I'm a sucker for dead quick players who score goals. It's ace.

Matic looks like a bargain too, actually. Given the similar fee and the impact he will have at Utd and has done so far ..

He perhaps doesn't have that dead-eyed swagger and clinical edge to his game that, for example, Mane seems to have, but as you and many others have pointed out, he is deliriously fast, works his nuts off and follows up shots and half-chances to put himself 10 yards out and with a shot at goal in every game he's played so far.

Which is probably why he's scored three goals already, assisted in the same amount and looked dangerous in every game.

His "dangerous" isn't the same as the guided missile type of danger that Mane offers - it's more a boxful of big fireworks that someone has chucked a match into, but the end result is still going to be a big fucking bang.
I quite literally cannot wait to see that Chelsea fan at next weeks footy practice. It will be sweet to rub it in that Salah won player of the month. I wouldn't normally be so petty but he's such a whopper I figure he's fair game.

I wasn't convinced he was going to be suited to this league, but Doc was absolutely right, he's a great acquisition for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom