• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Napoli (A) Champions League - Pre Match

Status
Not open for further replies.

binomial

In Klopp I'm a believer.
Games coming thick and fast now with europe and domestic cups getting underway.

First up, the toughest away we'll have in the group, a trip to the San Paolo.

Lord knows what's up with the stadium's structure, if the dressing rooms will be ready etc....doubt it'll affect the players at all.

Team selection, can we expect some changes? I think so, can see Milner and Hendo starting this 1 with obvious inclusion of Bobby.

Adrian Trent Matip Van Dijk Robertson Fabinho Milner Henderson Salah Mane Firmino

Prediction? Personally I'd be content coming away with a draw, settle for a bore 0-0 but I'm going with a 1-1

Don't think this is the match for it, a strong start in this is important, but it'd be nice to give Robertson a rest. Probably won't happen until the League cup.

Henderson returns beside Fabinho and Gini, proper first XI for this imo.

I would not give a fuck about facing Napoli but as they are managed by Carlo Ancelotti - I guess the chances of us winning is 50% in this case. However, the game we played against them away last season was the worst performance by a Liverpool team in any competition since Rafa's first season where we played Southampton away. It was so bad - I thought the players should have been tested afterwards - coz they were not normal in that game.

We dont have sufficient cover to rest Robbo. Gomez looks liability, Milner doesnt have the legs and Larouchi nowhere near ready

Napoli beat us last year when we fucked about so hopefully we’ve learnt our lesson.

I watched their weekend fixture against Sampdoria and they played Insigne off the bench so fully expect him to be starting.

Llorente started up front and laboured around for 90 mins - can't see him starting.

Their week points are definitely their full backs - Sampdoria caused them many problems in the 2nd half by easily getting past the full backs.

The game was played at walking pace and even then Napoli were repeatedly getting done on the counter on the flanks especially.

It'll be a tough away game again.

Napoli beat us last year when we fucked about so hopefully we’ve learnt our lesson.

We fucked about ? - no Dreamy - we actually did fuck all - zilch. I just hope the players can cope this time with whatever infected them the last time they played.

This high line Klopp plays leaves me nervous. Napoli will park the bus and hit us on the counter. I really don't mind a boring away game, where we get a draw, and leave unscathed.

We are in superform and need to build on the momentum. We should get through this group and this is a good time to introduce 1 or 2 faces into the team to get them into matchrythm as well as give some tired legs for refreshment.

As holders we should play the strongest team and get off to a good start. Napoli were decent last season against us

Think we'll go for the 0-0 again but I hope Klopp has learned it's a bad idea for Liverpool to ever do that

So Milner at left back? I mean it works but I'd rather see him in midfield. I think he'd rather play in midfield as well.
Strange that we started the season without a back up left defender. I was certain we'd replace Moreno.

Robbo is the 1 player we can't afford to be missing, Fingers crossed he pulls through whatever knock he's picked up

Ah fuck is this tonight??? I swear girls check the football calendar before they say yes to dates and I don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom