• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NBA 2016/17

I haven't seen Embiid in action yet but the reviews are all great.

I do love his personality though - he insisted his nickname should be 'The Process'

As for the resurgence in big men - i don't think it will be a resurgence of old school low post big men, Cousins for example, but more the Davis and Towns way. Atheltic scorers who can shoot 3's. Porzingis is another.

Embiid and Jokic are both low post guys though.

The reason I like Embiid so much is that there are glimpses of Olajuwon in his game, who's my favourite player of all time.

I haven't seen either play.

I suppose there are the likes of Steven Adams,Turner and Okafor as well.

And then a lot of the guys that have been around for a while - the Gasols, Horford ....

76ers have lost 6 straight, but boy that Embiid can ball.

Averaging 17.6 PPG, 6.8 RPG and 2.6 BPG in 21.4 mins. Here's his performance against the Cavs last night - great footwork, good perimeter defence, a dream shake, 4 threes, and 3 blocks on LeBron. This guy will sweep Rookie of the Year if he manages to stay healthy.

76ers have lost 6 straight, but boy that Embiid can ball.

Averaging 17.6 PPG, 6.8 RPG and 2.6 BPG in 21.4 mins. Here's his performance against the Cavs last night - great footwork, good perimeter defence, a dream shake, 4 threes, and 3 blocks on LeBron. This guy will sweep Rookie of the Year if he manages to stay healthy.
Reading that many are saying he's a more talented player than the kid they took 1st.

Ben Simmons - he's out injured too for most of the season. He's a talented enough player, but this draft was never very highly regarded. Embiid is definitely a much bigger talent, and would have certainly gone no. 1 in 2014 (a much better draft class) had he not been injured.

All-Star Starting 5:

Eastern Conference
LeBron James
Giannis Antetokounmpo
Jimmy Butler
DeMar DeRozan
Kyrie Irving

Western Conference
Kevin Durant
Kawhi Leonard
Anthony Davis
James Harden
Stephen Curry

Great to see Giannis in there - what an incredible player he's turning into. DeRozan has come on hugely this year too, but I bet he's surprised himself to find a place in an All-Star starting lineup.

No legacy picks there.

Amazing that someone averaging a triple double can't get in

Going to see the Bulls V the Sixers this Sunday, pretty excited to see Embiid up close. Looks a fucking freak.

I'm jealous.

I love watching NBA basketball - they're some of the best athletes around.

Chicago.

United Center is a bit meh for games actually. Plus, it's gonna be -6 outside, so getting to the car afterwards aint gonna be fun.

Ibaka traded to the Raptors.

Nice piece for Toronto. Perhaps now between the Wizards and the Raptors, there's someone to give a decent test to the Cavs.

Cousins to New Orleans for a packet of chips.

Insane 4-5 combination for the Pelicans.

Cousins to New Orleans for a packet of chips.

Insane 4-5 combination for the Pelicans.

If they can keep Cousins, that 4-5 combo may just change be a game changer in the NBA. You cannot guard, or outrebound, those two.

Sacramento are idiots ... they could have got more from the Celts imo.

Presuming the Celtics wanted him ...

The Kings front office aren't looking great right now.

Imagine a 5-4 pick and roll.

I think many were scared off by Cousins' reputation and possible free agency in 18 months. I read that the Lakers were also in the mix but refused to give up Ingram.

This could potentially be a game changer in the NBA. It's the most talented two bigman combo since when?

Duncan-Robinson? Maybe Bynum-Gasol to an extent too.

Of course Cousins could just happen to take a major dislike to Davis, and decide to implode.

Back
Top Bottom