• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NBA 2017/18

Lonzo just doesn't seem that good .... < 30% shooting I think ...

Mavericks are shit ... so not that interested in the NBA this year ... :(
Stacked draft coming up in 2018. Mavs will be getting a top 3 pick - one of Ayton, Porter, Doncic, Bagley, Bamba. Which should be a great piece to add next to Dennis Smith Jr and Barnes.

Mavs should be back in the playoffs hunt by 2019-20.

Similar trajectory hopefully for the Suns as well.

I went to the Duke-Mich / Kentucky-Kansas double header thing last night.

Pretty fun. Could not tell you one single player out there, but some of them can ball for damn sure.
Duke is absolutely stacked this year. Marvin Bagley, Wendell Carter, Gary Trent Jr, Grayson Allen and Trevon Duval should ALL be first round picks in 2018. I can see at least 3 of them going in the lottery as well.

Should be massive favourites for the college championship.

Stacked draft coming up in 2018. Mavs will be getting a top 3 pick - one of Ayton, Porter, Doncic, Bagley, Bamba. Which should be a great piece to add next to Dennis Smith Jr and Barnes.

Mavs should be back in the playoffs hunt by 2019-20.

Similar trajectory hopefully for the Suns as well.

I love your optimism mate ... :)

Celtics on an absolute roll. 14 wins on the trot, and just beat the Warriors today holding them to 88 points.

Team defense is outstanding. Have to credit Brad Stevens - looks like he's a really special coach in the making.

Celtics on an absolute roll. 14 wins on the trot, and just beat the Warriors today holding them to 88 points.

Team defense is outstanding. Have to credit Brad Stevens - looks like he's a really special coach in the making.

Yeah, there seems to be a widespread acknowledgement that he's a great coach.
The front office have to take some credit too - they hired him and were questioned for doing so. And right now trading the no.1 pick is looking very smart, as is the trade for Kyrie.

Kyrie is a different player and seems to have really responded to Stevens.

uxmhc7rt42zz.jpg

The top two picks in the draft are not looking great right now.

Fultz - shoulder injury / got the yips. No date for his return.

Lonzo - 8.7 points a game. 50% from the free throw line, 31% FG% and 25% from 3. He's a bad shooter so far.

Mitchell is looking like a steal at 13 right now and Tatum might have been the best player in the draft.

Fucking Durant gets a triple-double last night with both Draymond and Curry out injured and of course the media is creaming themselves this morning talking about how this cements him as the best player in the league and blah blah blah.

They failed to mention this spirited performance came against the sorry ass Hornets.

Makes me sick.

The top two picks in the draft are not looking great right now.

Fultz - shoulder injury / got the yips. No date for his return.

Lonzo - 8.7 points a game. 50% from the free throw line, 31% FG% and 25% from 3. He's a bad shooter so far.

Mitchell is looking like a steal at 13 right now and Tatum might have been the best player in the draft.
It's way too early to say that. Plenty of draft picks have good first years, and then fall off the cliff. Michael Carter-Williams is a recent example. Several players don't come into their own till after about 3-4 years in the league. Giannis is a prime example.

I like Mitchell, but he was a college sophomore, and is older than some of the players from even the 2015 draft. Not surprised that he's contributing off the bat. Physically, he's just far more ready for the NBA.

Then there are the likes of Kuzma and Markannen who're doing really well at the moment. But I just don't see them as having very high ceilings.

Tatum I agree is someone who looks very good, and will continue to get better. But there will be players like Fox and Jackson, who I expect will make significant strides over the next 2-3 years. Re: Ball, it's too early to write him off. That shot is obviously a concern, but it's fixable. And if he can shoot, then he suddenly becomes a very special talent - his passing and rebounding are crazy good.

Re: Carter-Williams everyone said at the time he got ROY because he simply had more opportunities than other players and nobody really rated him.

I wonder whether Lonzo's struggles will have LeBron thinking twice about LA ?

Rockets winning the regular season match-up against the Warriors 2-1.

At this point, they're looking like a big threat to them.

Paul has taken their offense to another level. Capela has improved further. And they've added some excellent role players in Tucker, Mbah a Moute and Gerald Green.

The sheer number of 3 point bombers they have now is overwhelming - Paul, Harden, Gordon, Anderson and Gerald Green.

Playoffs this year should be interesting.

Meanwhile, the Cavs are really struggling. IT has looked really rusty. Raptors and Celtics may fancy their chances against them this year.

The Cavs locker room sounds like its in disarray too.

Jalen Rose reckons Kawhi wants out of San Antonio, but he's still under contract so i don't know if that will happen.

Lots of drama in the NBA at the minute

Ok. NFL season is almost over.
Football is shit.
England suck at the cricket.

I need to give this a shot.
Whens it on? And where?
Is it a league system? Same as NFL.

I need some inspiration.

It's on most nights.

We're about half way through the season and there's lots of interesting shit happening.

Some of the main storylines:
Lebron is leaving Cleveland at the end of the season. Everyone knows it and Cleveland seem a bit of a mess.

Lavar Ball.

The Greek Freak is awesome.

The number 1 draft pick from last year played a handful of games at the start of the sesson but has since been out due to a mysterious shoulder injury / mental health problem.

Have you got a team Oncy ?

Lebron begins setting the stage for his exit:

ESPN's Brian Windhorst reported on The Lowe Post, James is bothered the most by the team not trading for either Paul George or Eric Bledsoe (h/t Erik Garcia Gundersen of LeBron Wire).

George was traded from the Indiana Pacersto the Oklahoma City Thunder in the offseason, while Bledsoe was sent to the Milwaukee Bucks from the Phoenix Suns at the start of November.

Both players were on the trade block during the offseason, but the Cavaliers failed to acquire either player, even though they were offering Kyrie Irving in return

Has anyone caught the Trae Young hype yet? Averaging 30 points and 10 assists. I think it's the greatest freshman year in college history.

Is he the next Curry or just the next Jimmer Fredette?

It's on most nights.

We're about half way through the season and there's lots of interesting shit happening.

Some of the main storylines:
Lebron is leaving Cleveland at the end of the season. Everyone knows it and Cleveland seem a bit of a mess.

Lavar Ball.

The Greek Freak is awesome.

The number 1 draft pick from last year played a handful of games at the start of the sesson but has since been out due to a mysterious shoulder injury / mental health problem.

Have you got a team Oncy ?
No I don't. Do Pittsburgh have a team?

Back
Top Bottom