• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NBA Thread 2012-2013

DHSC

Well-Known
Season starts, oddly enough, with Cavs and Wizards on Tuesday.

Big trade just before the season starts. Harden to Rockets for Kevin Martin's expiring contract and Jeremy Lamb. OKC breaks up its big three because they can't get Harden to sign for below the max.

Wow. I thought they would have hung onto Harden, done really well again this year then resigned him.

There's a few interesting teams this year. I can't wait to see how Kobe reacts while he's not the centre of attention.

Harden is clearly very good, but he got a little found out in the playoffs. Teams realised he is no good going left so made him go that way all the time, reducing his effectiveness.

If they could only afford two of the three, Durant and Westbrook were the right ones to stick with for me

Agree re: Durant and Westbrook.

I also wonder how Harden will play as a 82 game starter. There is a difference when you're coming off the bench and starting - perhaps Lin & him can work, but I'm thinking he may have left a good thing a bit too early. $ is $ though as we both know.

Simmons tweeted that OKC made a profit of 20-30m last season. The new CBA doesnt seem to be helping the 'smaller' teams.

I can see Kevin Martin being traded somewhere down the season to get better pieces. His contract is quite a big expiring one.

Kevin Martin should replace Harden decently. Lamb is also an excellent prospect. Overall, a good trade for OKC - Harden isn't worth the max.

Martin did all right, the other night against San Antonio, the Harden trade makes no difference either way for the Thunder, they are never going to win it all with their current makeup, too much reliance on the jump shot and no low post game equals defeat in the playoffs.

Plus they are a team full of cunts.

I maybe wrong here but I think Karl Hungus is an A & M graduate and he hates Durant as he is a Longhorn.

Pretty close, I am a lifelong Aggie, although I ever went to school there. I hate Durant because he was a Longhorn, and because I think he is very over rated. Plus I am also a lifelong Spurs fan, so that helps me hate him more.

The best part of the story, I am currently receiving my education at, wait for it, The University of Texas at Austin. Funny how things work out.

Pretty close, I am a lifelong Aggie, although I ever went to school there. I hate Durant because he was a Longhorn, and because I think he is very over rated. Plus I am also a lifelong Spurs fan, so that helps me hate him more.

The best part of the story, I am currently receiving my education at, wait for it, The University of Texas at Austin. Funny how things work out.

Hahaha..

What college are you in mate? I graduated from there in 2008. Best program in Texas ;)

School of Engineering, Electrical and Computer to be exact.

An as an academic institution I agree, they are very good, but when it comes to sports, or even that gaudy burnt orange, my skin crawls.

My bad then.

So Karl, if it's a Lakers-Thunder final, I assume you would support Kobe and gang? :)

School of Engineering, Electrical and Computer to be exact.

An as an academic institution I agree, they are very good, but when it comes to sports, or even that gaudy burnt orange, my skin crawls.

All the best mate. I graduated from the Civil and Environmental Engineering program ( had an office in ECJ ).

I had quite a number of friends in the EECS program. They all loved it and got very good jobs in the end. All the best.

No Phil Jackson for the Lakers. :confused:

How's D'Antoni as a coach? I know he can pick and roll you to death in 7 seconds but how will an aging Lakers team fit in with his philosophy?

Dmishra, you're a Suns fan right? What do you think of this hire?

I was shocked when I heard that news this morning. This is Phil's mo, come into a team with loads of talent that nobody else can win with, even though nobody else has been given a chance, then take all the credit when things go good, if by chance they go bad, make up some health issue stories to deflect attention.

As far as the system goes, it seems more suited to Nash and Howard, how Kobe and Gasol fit in, who knows.

No Phil Jackson for the Lakers. :confused:

How's D'Antoni as a coach? I know he can pick and roll you to death in 7 seconds but how will an aging Lakers team fit in with his philosophy?

Dmishra, you're a Suns fan right? What do you think of this hire?
Say what you want about him, but D'Antoni is a brilliant offensive coach, and not just the pick and roll. He'll figure out a way to integrate Gasol and Kobe in a pick and roll based offense as well. With players as talented as Nash and Kobe, the options are limitless if the players (especially Kobe) are willing to listen. Theoretically, you could have either Nash or Kobe running the pick with Howard, with the other spotting up. You could run it with Gasol as well who's a great mid-range shooter. There's all sorts of options as well, including utilising Gasol's and Kobe's post-up abilities. D'Antoni must be licking his lips at the options, and I'm sure he'll get it right sooner rather than later.

As an apart, D'Antoni has a great relationship with both Nash and Kobe (knowing Kobe since his childhood days in Italy), so if anyone can make Kobe take on a different role in the offense, it should be him.

But can he take them all the way. Kobe and Nash are no spring chickens anymore, will the fast paced offense put to much strain on their old bodies.

Plus does he have what it takes defensively, because ultimately that is what gets it done in the playoffs.

Personally I think either way it does not matter. The acquisition of Howard and Nash papered over the cracks. Kobe is aging, Gasol is a joke, Howard offers next to nothing offensively, and their bench is anonymous. They'll play well under Mike, but it won't matter in the end.

Watched the Spurs, Knicks game last night. I have to say the Knicks looked very impressive, especially on defense. They look like they could be a legitimate contender in the East.

Gregg Popivich is facing "serious penalties" after resting players against Miami last night according to David Stern. Then he offers a "sincere apology" to the fans.

What a piece of garbage he is, pretending to care about the fans, when all he cares about is his money and legacy. If he want to apoligize to fans, let him start by apoligizing to the fans in Seattle for helping fuck them out of a team. He did not seem very concerned with the fans then.

Lakers lose again. Interesting stat, they are 1-10 this year when Kobe scores 30 or more points.

Mike D'Antoni is not going to last much longer.

Honey nut Cheerios!
Gotta love KG.

Although I think Jerry Stackhouse might be my favourite player since I heard the story about getting out of his suit and asking the kit man for a trackside so he didnt get blood on his good clothes while beating the shit out of an opposition player after a game. Class.

Back
Top Bottom