• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NBA Thread 2012-2013

@dmishra - excellent write up. You mention Marion. As a Mavs fan, I can tell you that he's very underrated for his defensive work (he guarded LeBron when we beat them in the finals, and did a fairly good job considering the player he's up against).

As for Jordan - I am positive I remember him guarding forwards at times, and wasn't there a story where he asked to guard a center because he wanted a challenge?

Based on what I've read from his teammates, coaches etc - what sets Jordan apart from anyone was his competitive drive. He was 'worse' than Kobe, and demanded that similar intensity in practices etc (so many stories about fights with teammates who weren't going 100%). I haven't seen that written about James (But I don't live in the States anymore, so I don't read as much about the NBA), which is again NOT saying he's not competitive etc - it's just Jordan was on another level.

One thing about LeBron is I think he could probably guard most centers in the game today ...

I've been a Suns fan for years, and what Marion did defensively in the Nash era was absolutely phenomenal. Every bit as impressive as LeBron in terms of pure versatility and stat-stuffing.

I've been a Suns fan for years, and what Marion did defensively in the Nash era was absolutely phenomenal. Every bit as impressive as LeBron in terms of pure versatility and stat-stuffing.

Ah that's right. I think he's not as good as he was with the Suns, but I absolutely love what he brings to a team defensively. He NEVER gets any recognition though in DPoY votes.

Very bummed out today. The series was lost in game 6 though, I am just happy game 7 was not the blowout I expected it to be.

Don't have too much hatred toward the Heat. Lebron and Wade are both class guys and great players in my opinion. I can't stand Ray Allen, the mercenary. Mario Chalmers needs to be slapped into reality sometimes, and Chris Bosh is an absolute joke. How about 0 points and 5 fouls in game 7 of the NBA finals. I could have done that for much less money than Bosh.

David Stern is a son of a bitch. He also seems to really hate Chris Paul. His excuse for blocking this deal is because people might think it was related to the Doc Rivers deal. He is too stupid to realize that it looks suspicious if the deal does not happen.

Stern seems intent on making it difficult for them to do the Garnett deal

Do you think his reason is valid? I don't really understand it.

As Karl says, if the celts can pull of this deal AND build a team around Rajon & DeAndre - they will be a contender in 2-3 years.

DeAndre is hardly good enough to be a major piece on a contending team. Rondo isn't good enough to be the primary piece either. So no.

DeAndre is hardly good enough to be a major piece on a contending team. Rondo isn't good enough to be the primary piece either. So no.

I don't agree re: Rondo - he might be a bit mental at times, but he is a fantastic talent and has shown it so far in his career ... DeAndre is a big body - which always helps in the East where there are few big bodies in the middle.

They'll be getting draft picks too, Jordan is a solid enough player, not a superstar. Assuming they use the picks well, they will have a good young nucleus.

Anthony Bennett goes first overall. Noel and McLemore go 6 and 7 respectively. Weird. Just a very surprising draft day.

Also, shouldn't we be starting a 2013-14 thread for this?

Yeah? Most scouting reports described him as a coachable kid with a good work ethic. His knees and reed thin frame were probably more significant factors.

The Suns medical team gave negative reports - that's very telling, they're the best med team in the NBA.

Dirk was supposedly in the Mavs' war room ... It was crazy what they did, and all to get a few more $$$ in room to get Howard in ... No shot at Paul now I'm thinking.

I know fuck all about basketball really, but is this debate similar to dreamy arguing that Zidane wasnt top tier?

I know fuck all about basketball really, but is this debate similar to dreamy arguing that Zidane wasnt top tier?

Nah, no one is saying LeBron isn't top tier - it's also slightly different as there's no real debate as there is in footy (Pele vs Maradona in most circles)

Yeah? Most scouting reports described him as a coachable kid with a good work ethic. His knees and reed thin frame were probably more significant factors.

The Suns medical team gave negative reports - that's very telling, they're the best med team in the NBA.

The Cavs team doctor is supposed to be the top surgeon for knees - he gave them the all clear to draft him. Bill Simmons mentioned it on one his podcasts about 10 days ago re Noel's crew. He was anticipating some media outlet would spill some nasty details which teams had learned about. I didn't see anything pop up but given these teams are hiring PI's to find out about players they must have known if something was up

Interesting that the Suns took Len who has had injuries too
It's a minor stress fracture apparently; and he apparently hasn't had any injury issues before. The Suns med team's record with injuries is fantastic, so hopefully that works out.

Noel blew his ACL, which would be a much bigger red flag. Especially given that Noel's biggest asset is his athleticism.

iTx2aMF0qlVRT.gif

Back
Top Bottom