• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Need advice on mobile service for long trip.

Farkmaster

Part of the Furniture
I'm going to be in the UK and Spain for about 6 months.

My wife uses her phone a good amount, and data less so. I will use a decent amount of data for work reasons, and will need tethering support so I have a backup when wifi is an issue. I'll probably use 10-20 gigs/month and she'll use 10ish. I can't imagine we'll make tons of calls after we've set ourselves up with a place to rent, and thereafter will rely on whatsapp/wechat etc. to talk to family We'll be in Sevilla most of the time and both have unlocked phones that support international bands.

I don't have time to do all the research required, plus I'm lazy.

What carrier should we be using to assure good service given these needs? Are there any decent plans that are month to month, that won't gimp our access (not sure if they do that in Europe as they do it here)? I'm imagining contracts are normally year to year.

I'm hoping I can sort out sims before arrival so its just one thing off the list.

Back
Top Bottom