• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

New Head Coach for Barcelona?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any mug can win a league with a team like Barcelona - it's like winning a title with Manchester City - although the job here seems a bit bigger than usual given the age of the squad, but this feels like (yet another), interim appointment to eke the last few trophies out of the Messi era, before a proper rebuild is required.

No idea how this fucker got the job, though. Plays the "Barca" way? He sounds like a Woy Hodgson-type disaster in the waiting, although he'll obviously do better than him.

I wonder how good that Fati kid is - he may make the rebuild less painful as he seems absolute class.

Top of the league and into the next round of champions league and the manage rstill gets sacked. If Barca get don’t get the champions league final, I wonder if the new guy makes it to te start of next season

I wonder how good that Fati kid is - he may make the rebuild less painful as he seems absolute class.

Real have been buying / bringing through a lot of young players in recent years.

What does Barca's succession plan look like?

Suarez, Messi, Rakitic, Alba, Pique, Vidal, Busquets all 30 plus. Even Greizmann will be 29 in a couple months.

They seem to be heading for rough times unless they suddenly get very smart and lucky at the same time.

Pep goes back there this summer and City opted for Rodgers. If you think their forum is melting down, wait till that happens. Going to be fun next season.

I doubt it will be all that desperate if/ when Guardiola leaves (the sooner the better, though obvs)

As long as the Arabs keep ploughing the money in, they can take a downgrade in manager and still win titles, so Rodgers could easily go there and win one, if the likes of fucking Pellegrini can.

I doubt it will be all that desperate if/ when Guardiola leaves (the sooner the better, though obvs)

As long as the Arabs keep ploughing the money in, they can take a downgrade in manager and still win titles, so Rodgers could easily go there and win one, if the likes of fucking Pellegrini can.
Pellegrini didn't have Klopp to fight against.... Big difference there.

Pep goes back there this summer and City opted for Rodgers. If you think their forum is melting down, wait till that happens. Going to be fun next season.

More like city get a poch. messi has what 2/3 years to win another C, which seems to be barca focus

Must be hard to start thinking about a rebuild when you're in a billion euro debt. It's one thing being in massive debt when you're on your way up. When you need to crack on it must be paralysing them.

Real have been buying / bringing through a lot of young players in recent years.

What does Barca's succession plan look like?

Suarez, Messi, Rakitic, Alba, Pique, Vidal, Busquets all 30 plus. Even Greizmann will be 29 in a couple months.

They seem to be heading for rough times unless they suddenly get very smart and lucky at the same time.
Malcolm was an example of how much lack of planning there is. Beat Roma to this transfer but ended up selling him to Zenit after a year.

Setien managed Firpo at Betis so maybe he can untap his talent. Maybe, just maybe, there's new found opportunity for Coutinho too, if Bayern do not sign him permanently.

[article]ERNESTO VALVERDE decided against claiming the rest of his Barcelona wages after his sacking – despite having 18 months left on his contract.

The Spaniard, 55, was let go on Monday despite the Catalan giants sitting top of the LaLiga table.

A run of one win in five matches proved to be fatal for him and he was axed – before being replaced by Quique Setien.

Things between Valverde and Barcelona ended on good terms after two-and-a-half years in charge.

And according to Mundo Deportivo, the ex-manager opted not to take the rest of the pay he was due in a classy gesture.

Valverde’s contract expired at the end of the 2020/21 season, making him the first Barcelona boss to be sacked since Louis van Gaal 17 years ago.

Valverde – who played for Barca between 1988 and 1990 – released an emotional statement to his former supporters.

He wrote: “Dear Barca fans, my time as Barcelona coach has come to an end. It has been an intense two-and-a-half years right from the start.

“In that time I have enjoyed some joyful moments celebrating victories and trophies but also others that have been tough and difficult.

“However, above all I would like to highlight my experience with the fans and the affection showed towards me during my time as coach.

“I would like to thank the president Josep Maria Bartomeu and the Board of Directors for giving me the opportunity to coach the first team and their confidence during all this time.

“I would also like to thank all the people I have worked with at the club for their support and how they treated me during the two and a half seasons.

“Especially those who work in and around the first team and with whom I have shared so many moments at the Ciutat Esportiva and during away trips.”[/article]

[article]ERNESTO VALVERDE decided against claiming the rest of his Barcelona wages after his sacking – despite having 18 months left on his contract.

The Spaniard, 55, was let go on Monday despite the Catalan giants sitting top of the LaLiga table.

A run of one win in five matches proved to be fatal for him and he was axed – before being replaced by Quique Setien.

Things between Valverde and Barcelona ended on good terms after two-and-a-half years in charge.

And according to Mundo Deportivo, the ex-manager opted not to take the rest of the pay he was due in a classy gesture.

Valverde’s contract expired at the end of the 2020/21 season, making him the first Barcelona boss to be sacked since Louis van Gaal 17 years ago.

Valverde – who played for Barca between 1988 and 1990 – released an emotional statement to his former supporters.

He wrote: “Dear Barca fans, my time as Barcelona coach has come to an end. It has been an intense two-and-a-half years right from the start.

“In that time I have enjoyed some joyful moments celebrating victories and trophies but also others that have been tough and difficult.

“However, above all I would like to highlight my experience with the fans and the affection showed towards me during my time as coach.

“I would like to thank the president Josep Maria Bartomeu and the Board of Directors for giving me the opportunity to coach the first team and their confidence during all this time.

“I would also like to thank all the people I have worked with at the club for their support and how they treated me during the two and a half seasons.

“Especially those who work in and around the first team and with whom I have shared so many moments at the Ciutat Esportiva and during away trips.”[/article]
What a fucking idiot.

Must be hard to start thinking about a rebuild when you're in a billion euro debt. It's one thing being in massive debt when you're on your way up. When you need to crack on it must be paralysing them.

They're in a better position than spurs that are also in a billion of debt now

They're in a better position than spurs that are also in a billion of debt now
They also do have some playing assets they can sell as part of a rebuild. They mightn't recoup what they paid, but it will give them something.

Why the hell would you pass up on 18 months of contracted salary? Man is an idiot.

He'll be going to Everton next cause he's broke and needs a payday.

Why the hell would you pass up on 18 months of contracted salary? Man is an idiot.

He'll be going to Everton next cause he's broke and needs a payday.
Maybe at sometime in the future he hopes that they will hire him again. Leaving on good terms i guess.

I guarantee that Mourinho has never turned down a pay off and has remained in good stead at all his previous clubs.
Depends on the type of person you are, in terms of how you feel about not earning the money you did not work for. I would add to that if you are content with the money you have and are not bothered about the extra you could get.

I guarantee that Mourinho has never turned down a pay off and has remained in good stead at all his previous clubs.

Maybe he feels the €60m that hes already taken off them for the privilege of letting Messi pick the team has been suitable compensation.

DIdnt Kenny do exactly that when he was sacked?
Is there any comparison? Kenny was staying on at the club in an ambassadorial capacity. He was part of the Anfield furniture, and is a club legend. Valverde played 22 games for Barca and was another puppet manager at Barca for a couple of years.

It is a good gesture by Valverde. He has his 8 or 10 or 12 million Euros in the bank already. Does he need more? Probably not. It is a good and well needed gesture in a world where those who has netted 10folds of that amount hire the best taxplanners to take away even more money. Credits to Valverde for that.

Is there any comparison? Kenny was staying on at the club in an ambassadorial capacity. He was part of the Anfield furniture, and is a club legend. Valverde played 22 games for Barca and was another puppet manager at Barca for a couple of years.

Yeah, and Dalglish made all that extra on the side with the Carroll transfers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom