• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

New Players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kay Age El

Well-Known
This may have been covered somewhat in other threads on here but I'd still like to see in what positions you believe we should strengthen before next Season - where to splash the cash, where to bolster for the depth of the squad/bench and in what areas where there are no concern.

Read somewhere that Collymore wants FSG to send £1.5B to Spurs for Alderweireld, Dele Alli and Eriksen. That's one way to address it I guess.

*Also, before we start, we know Keita is coming in and he'll improve us massively I believe and by the looks of it replace Emre's spot in the team.

So, I'll begin, and from the top of my head we should be looking at the following areas.

• Goalkeeper - Premium Quality Top Class Amazing
Needless to say this is perhaps the most vital area of concern right now, and we should not act slowly nor should we keep it tight. We need to go all-in on securing world class talent/already proven top class keeper. Ideas? Oblak seems the most obvious fit, Donnarumma as slightly more risky bet perhaps, but before this season he showed tremendous potential. In the Prem maybe Butland/Schmeichel could fit the bill? Perhaps not absolute World Class, but certainly very steady choices.

• Central Defender/Right Back - Solid, Good and Reliable Quality
I'm still not totally convinced with any of Lovren, Klavan, Gomez and Matip but I am not totally denying that perhaps, and this is mainly with regards to Matip, he could actually prove a long term solution as well. There's still room for competition and someone good from Top 6 in Spain/Germany could perhaps fit that bill. Or an Alderweireld, he'd be a rather amazing steal imo.

When it comes to our RB position I really hope that TAA is going to make it his own. We do however look slim on choices, esp if Gomez is considered more of a CB. Another Robertson signing perhaps, if that's even possible?

• Attacking Midfielder/Playmaker - Premium Quality Top Class Amazing
We so need a player to help us dictate play in central. Modric and Kroos showed how it was done and hopefully Keita wil help in that regards. We still need someone amazing in this role and he is going to cost a fortune, but it would be worth it. There's probably only a handful of players out there who' s 1) available and 2) good enough. This will not be an easy feat. but it's vital going forward as I see it.

• Striker/Forward - Top Amazing Super Class Talent
Knowing how many goals we can expect from the trio of Salah, Mane and Firmino, I'd be hesitant to call for a world class striker. Would he even make us better, knowing how much Bobby's hard work across the pitch helps out the wingers? I am not sure. We should however look to upgrade on Ings/Solanke, none of whom has impressed me. A young striker with tons of potential. Could be Alli I guess, as unlikely as that seems.

To sum up, that's only TWO more players for the starting XI as I see it (and Keita of course) and THREE players for the depth of the squad and upgrade of the bench. We are really close.. we NEED to carry on the good work and maybe, who knows, we might soon be able to go all the way.

Goalkeeper (Mignolet out)
Central mid (Can out)
Striker (Sturridge out)
CB (Klavan out hopefully)
...and then we need depth.

Another big summer for Klopp and co.

Hopefully we can move on some of the dead weight (namely Sturridge and Markovic) but I can't see us making a huge amount in sales. We need a big net spend because there some pretty big holes to fill in the squad.

I want a Coutinho type player that will play in midfield and compliment Mo, Bobby and Mane, but can replace them when one of them is out. That and the keeper is where I would be throwing the largest chunk of money at this Summer.

This may have been covered somewhat in other threads on here but I'd still like to see in what positions you believe we should strengthen before next Season - where to splash the cash, where to bolster for the depth of the squad/bench and in what areas where there are no concern.

Read somewhere that Collymore wants FSG to send £1.5B to Spurs for Alderweireld, Dele Alli and Eriksen. That's one way to address it I guess.

*Also, before we start, we know Keita is coming in and he'll improve us massively I believe and by the looks of it replace Emre's spot in the team.

So, I'll begin, and from the top of my head we should be looking at the following areas.

• Goalkeeper - Premium Quality Top Class Amazing
Needless to say this is perhaps the most vital area of concern right now, and we should not act slowly nor should we keep it tight. We need to go all-in on securing world class talent/already proven top class keeper. Ideas? Oblak seems the most obvious fit, Donnarumma as slightly more risky bet perhaps, but before this season he showed tremendous potential. In the Prem maybe Butland/Schmeichel could fit the bill? Perhaps not absolute World Class, but certainly very steady choices.

• Central Defender/Right Back - Solid, Good and Reliable Quality
I'm still not totally convinced with any of Lovren, Klavan, Gomez and Matip but I am not totally denying that perhaps, and this is mainly with regards to Matip, he could actually prove a long term solution as well. There's still room for competition and someone good from Top 6 in Spain/Germany could perhaps fit that bill. Or an Alderweireld, he'd be a rather amazing steal imo.

When it comes to our RB position I really hope that TAA is going to make it his own. We do however look slim on choices, esp if Gomez is considered more of a CB. Another Robertson signing perhaps, if that's even possible?

• Attacking Midfielder/Playmaker - Premium Quality Top Class Amazing
We so need a player to help us dictate play in central. Modric and Kroos showed how it was done and hopefully Keita wil help in that regards. We still need someone amazing in this role and he is going to cost a fortune, but it would be worth it. There's probably only a handful of players out there who' s 1) available and 2) good enough. This will not be an easy feat. but it's vital going forward as I see it.

• Striker/Forward - Top Amazing Super Class Talent
Knowing how many goals we can expect from the trio of Salah, Mane and Firmino, I'd be hesitant to call for a world class striker. Would he even make us better, knowing how much Bobby's hard work across the pitch helps out the wingers? I am not sure. We should however look to upgrade on Ings/Solanke, none of whom has impressed me. A young striker with tons of potential. Could be Alli I guess, as unlikely as that seems.

To sum up, that's only TWO more players for the starting XI as I see it (and Keita of course) and THREE players for the depth of the squad and upgrade of the bench. We are really close.. we NEED to carry on the good work and maybe, who knows, we might soon be able to go all the way.
I dont understand what Modric and Kroos showed us on Saturday ? They were not even in the game for the first 35 mins ... then they had a few moments where they showed up but thats it. Regarding signings:

1)sign a big controller in midfield ...imposing type e.g steven nzonzi OR blood in Grujic and give him loads of games.

2) the newcastle goalkeeper...sorry Rafa. Too much risk signing a big money goalkeeper as we will turn them shit as we are wold class at that.

3) sign a cool and composed defender ... sign someone from WBA with PL experience...e.g Evans...maybe see how much Hegazi will cost

4) Marquee midfield signing ... Fekir...or an attacking creative midfielder that makes noticable difference in games but MUST be tough and more physically built than Coutinho was.

5) Buy an expensive front man to cover mane or salah. But also buy an extra journeyman striker. With proven intensity and PL experience...e.g Jay Rodriguez

Sell Ings... sell Lallana...sell sturridge and sell all players Klopp has no intention of actually using including Woodburn etc..

I want a Coutinho type player that will play in midfield and compliment Mo, Bobby and Mane, but can replace them when one of them is out. That and the keeper is where I would be throwing the largest chunk of money at this Summer.
Thats Fekir mate.

De Ligt would be awesome, has there been talks in that direction? Don't know too much about the others you mention but I guess they are sizzling hot superstars in the making?
I've never seen De Ligt, going off what others have said, but yes, the other three are awesome.

I think the signing of Fabinho means that we will not go after Ruben Neves or Jorginho. If we get Fekir and a competent goal keeper, it could take our spend over the £200m mark.
Kieta £55m
Fekir £65m
Fabinho £45m
GK £45m

I think the signing of Fabinho means that we will not go after Ruben Neves or Jorginho. If we get Fekir and a competent goal keeper, it could take our spend over the £200m mark.
Kieta £55m
Fekir £65m
Fabinho £45m
GK £45m
Keita was last year's budget apparently

Be nice if we flung 40m at someone else too

I agree with Trumpo ..... we're not going after Neves or Jorginho (who's off to City anyway) now we've signed Fabinho.

GK - perhaps. I could see that with all the stick (death threats, people saying he's done and so on) Karius is getting that Klopp sticks with him, maybe as #2 because the keeper rumours have been too strong and too long for us not to be after someone especially with Mignolet gone. Maybe Karius will go though and Ward will become #2.

CB : I'm no longer certain that Klopp will go for a top CB. Lovren was maybe our second best player in the CL final and that's not been his only top class match, he's had more than a handful this season so at his best he is clearly good enough, he just needs to add consistency.
It's his occasional fuck ups that stick in the mind, however with Fabinho in front of him one of his main areas of remiss - doing stupid things whilst pressing into midfield - could now be nullified leaving him to concentrate on his strengths. I could yet see Klopp sticking with him and having Matip, Gomez and Klavan as backups, I'd be surprised if any of them leave this Summer and that means we already have five CBs. We're not going to have six.

DM : Fabinho. Awesome, what a move by the club !

CM : Keita. Awesome, what a move by the club !

AM : If we get Fekir .... Awesome, what a move by the club !

Winger/Striker : Is this one or two players ? Unlikely we'll find another free scoring winger such as Salah and Mane. But that's what we'll be looking for.

Striker : I think Ings will leave, not making the squad for the CL final was an indictment. With Sturridge and Origi leaving too then we'll need a high quality striker.

2 down and I'm guessing 4 to go.

I said yesterday before this lovely surprise we needed
GK
DM
AM
CF
And We chalked one off straight away. Boss.

Contrary to most I would keep Moreno and Klavan as we would only have to replace them like for like as back ups anyway.
Our best back four is
Robertson
Lovren
Virgil
Trent
With back up available in all positions
Moreno
Matip
Klavan
Clyne
Gomez
I think thats fairly strong to be honest and it wouldnt be my idea of a priority.

In the middle if we sign Fekir we would have
Fabinho DM
(Henderson/Milner/Grujic)
Keita CM
(Wijnaldum)
Fekir AM
(Ox)
Which again I think is pretty shit hot. Bringing in 3 was/is needed. We almost broke this year and it almost cost us.

The front 3 is the front three, but our back up is laughable, championship quality at best. If Brewster goes and Woodburn isnt ready then we need to sell the lot of our back up and bring in one or two quality back ups.

Keeper. Yup lets just say it needs done.

GK
DM done
AM
CF

Seems fairly cut and dried to me.

Flannagan
Bogdan
Mignolet
Karius
Markovic
Ings
Solanke
Sturridge
Etc can all go.

Yeah i would keep Moreno too. He was playing much better before his injury anyway, and you're limited in how good a reserve LB you can realistically expect.

We should leave room for Brewster to get games too, if we somehow manage to keep the little dickhead.

With Fabinho and Keita already nailed on, we send out a strong message to the current members in the squad as well as our competitors. We look so much more in focus and in sync as a club.

As we all know, we have seen so many false dawns... BUT THIS IS NOT GOING TO BE ONE OF THEM!!

*fingers crossed*

Oh and id very much like to see Harry Wilson given a chance.
I know its only the championship but better than a goal every other game is boss.
Kid knows where the goal is. Hes been an international for 5 years.
I dont watch lower league but ive seen the goals. Hes got a bit about him.
Off the bench when games are won? Cup games? Id like the lad to have a chance.

Grujic was boss for Cardiff too.. Got better and better with each game.

Brewster and Woodburn as back ups.

Just need to give them game time.

Grujic was boss for Cardiff too.. Got better and better with each game.

Brewster and Woodburn as back ups.

Just need to give them game time.
Id leave Grujic on loan at Cardiff next year too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom