• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NFL - Offseason, Draft & 2016/17 Season

Not even Brady, he's on less than half than Osweiler.

Edit just checked and he's actually 18th in QB list. I think its the argument they give to the Collins and the Revis of this world. You ain't getting more than Brady. It keeps the cap down.

Hopefully they win a few. QBs are slim pickings next year and I want the Bears to have an option that tempts them to take the cap hit and bin Cutler. I'd lose twenty fucking games to be rid of that cunt.

Yah - I wonder if he goes back to denver?

You want the ND QB? or Ka'aya? Or the Clemson lad?

None of them, thanks. I like Pat Mahomes. And I'm increasingly interested in Trubisky at the Tar Heels, though we're talking about a Mark Sanchezesque data sample there, so he's a risk.

Cleveland might help us out by doing some hard Clevelandin' and taking Kizer or Watson if they do have the number one pick. Amazing how many teams go with the name over the talent.

Cowboys their own worst enemies here - dropped passes etc ... Pittsburgh beating us at our own game (timely 3rd down conversions, ball control) and up 15-13, which is harsh on Pitt - been far better than us.

what a fucking game ... defense was poor - but zeke was zeke (gotta give credit to garrett for this draft pick - kid is really special), dak was dak and this team just has a special feel to it ...

@MC Golgotha

When we drafted Zeke, I thought he was a good player but NEVER realized he was this fast.

Did you see him being this good? That speed is incredible, and he's a fucking tank - he kills DBs. Insane player - the best RB coming out of college since Adrian Peterson

He is very good but that O line is making holes for him that any decent running back would exploit.
He was drafted into the right team at the right time.

He is very good but that O line is making holes for him that any decent running back would exploit.
He was drafted into the right team at the right time.

The Oline is really good, but look at the drop off when Morris comes in (who's not what he was 4 years ago, but he's a solid RB).
I just can't believe a guy who looks that heavy can run that fast ...

The Oline is really good, but look at the drop off when Morris comes in (who's not what he was 4 years ago, but he's a solid RB).
I just can't believe a guy who looks that heavy can run that fast ...
Yeah the 10 yard burst is phenomenal given his physicality.
He's everything I thought Eddie Lacy would be.

Yeah the 10 yard burst is phenomenal given his physicality.
He's everything I thought Eddie Lacy would be.

Good comparison - I just don't remember Zeke being this fast in college, then again, I don't remember Lacy being that way too.

On the subject of RBs:
1) What happened to Gurley this year? Too many 8 men fronts?
2) Are RBs becoming more important again due to explosive NFL offenses?

Just listened to Tony Romo's presser ... A few thoughts:
  • I've never seen this kind of thing before - where a QB hands over the team to his pre-season back up. He did it in such a classy, respectful and emotional way. Whether you are a Cowboys fan or not, this is what it means to show class, humility and professionalism in the face of adversity
  • To hear him use words like 'soul crushing,' 'guilt' etc ... It's tough to hear that as a Cowboys fan.
  • It's basically the end of an era here. I know he's often ridiculed and mocked, but he's broken every single QB record held at this club, and has been a humble, loyal member of the team during the good and bad. I think he's really underrated by Cowboys fans - he wasn't in the upper level of QBs because it never worked out when it mattered most, but he was a bloody good QB with one of the highest QB ratings ever in 4th quarters ... If only Patrick Clayton hangs onto that slant pass the cunt.
  • If he's not with us next year - I can see him with the Jets (trade for Sheldon Richardson) or Denver (if they're not happy with Sieman and/or Lynch)
  • Last but not least ... I know it's the Cowboys ... but I've seen the Cubs, I've seen Leicester .. I'm seeing Liverpool ... I just hope Romo gets his Bledsoe/Pittsburgh and a ring in the process.

Last edited:
I like the Elliott pick. Both because of what he brings - good mover between tackles and a superb blocker when not carrying - and because of what the Cowboys needed. If he can get you playing like 2014 again, then that's the direction you want to be going surely? He's a pro-ready running back slotting into probably the best blocking line in the league at a time when Romo doesn't need to being asked to do more than he can. I also like the Jaylon Smith pick. Obviously it's something of a zero sum game, depending on how his knee turns out, but if he gets back to his best he is probably the best player in the class.

Ok Ok - are you Mel Kiper?!?

Just listened to Tony Romo's presser ... A few thoughts:
  • I've never seen this kind of thing before - where a QB hands over the team to his pre-season back up. He did it in such a classy, respectful and emotional way. Whether you are a Cowboys fan or not, this is what it means to show class, humility and professionalism in the face of adversity
  • To hear him use words like 'soul crushing,' 'guilt' etc ... It's tough to hear that as a Cowboys fan.
  • It's basically the end of an era here. I know he's often ridiculed and mocked, but he's broken every single QB record held at this club, and has been a humble, loyal member of the team during the good and bad. I think he's really underrated by Cowboys fans - he wasn't in the upper level of QBs because it never worked out when it mattered most, but he was a bloody good QB with one of the highest QB ratings ever in 4th quarters ... If only Patrick Clayton hangs onto that slant pass the cunt.
  • If he's not with us next year - I can see him with the Jets (trade for Sheldon Richardson) or Denver (if they're not happy with Sieman and/or Lynch)
  • Last but not least ... I know it's the Cowboys ... but I've seen the Cubs, I've seen Leicester .. I'm seeing Liverpool ... I just hope Romo gets his Bledsoe/Pittsburgh and a ring in the process.

Class act that man;

FRISCO, Texas – There were no empty seats inside the press conference room at The Star. Standing room only – dozens of reporters packed inside to hear Tony Romo’s first public comments since breaking a bone in his back 83 days ago.
No questions were taken.
Instead, Romo gave a five-minute prepared speech that revealed raw insight into his time away from the field and his expected return to a role he hasn’t known since early 2006: backup, to rookie Dak Prescott.
He controlled the message, and that message was short but powerful: the last two and a half months have been professional hell for him in many ways – “a dark place, probably the darkest it’s ever been” – but he stands behind Prescott and the 8-1 Cowboys, who own the best record in the NFL.

“He has earned the right to be our quarterback,” Romo said. “As hard as that is for me to say, he has earned that right.”
After last Sunday’s 35-30 victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers, Cowboys owner/general manager Jerry Jones said he anticipated Romo was ready to be active as a backup to Prescott in the upcoming home game against the Baltimore Ravens. He also said Romo was “genuinely excited” about the team’s success while he has been sidelined.
Romo’s statement Tuesday echoed that sentiment.
He did not speak in depth about how his back feels or about his return to practice as a scout-team quarterback in recent weeks. He reflected on his journey back to full health – first, the initial “guilt” he felt after suffering a significant injury for the second year in a row.
“Getting hurt when you feel like you have the best team you’ve ever had was a soul-crushing moment for me,” he said. “Then to learn it’s not three or four weeks but 10 is another blow. And through it all you have a tremendous amount of guilt on having let your teammates, fans and organization down. After all, they were depending on you to bring them a championship. That’s what quarterbacks are supposed to do. That’s how we’re just judged.
“I love that. I still do.”

Romo, 36, acknowledged that he still wants to be out there competing, saying “that hasn’t left me. In fact, it may burn more now than ever.”
But he’s now come full circle in his 14-year NFL career. As a fourth-year, former undrafted free agent in the middle of the 2006 season, he was called off the bench to replace Drew Bledsoe. He has started 127 games since, making four Pro Bowls and breaking multiple franchise passing records.
Now it’s Prescott’s turn to continue the momentum the team has built over the first nine games of the 2016 season.
“I remember the feeling like it was yesterday. It really is an incredible time in your life,” Romo said. “And if I remember one thing from back then, it’s the people that helped me along when I was young. And if I can be that to Dak, I’ve tried to be and I will be going forward.
“I think we all know something magical is happening with this team. I’m not going to allow this situation to negatively affect Dak or this football team by becoming a constant distraction. I think Dak knows that I have his back, and I think I know that he has mine.
“Ultimately it’s about the team.”

9-1 after beating the Ravens for the first time ever, 27-17.

We're good! @LeTallecWiz

Longest winning streak in Cowboys history.

Prescott was fucking good again after early jitters - and we absolutely hammered them in the 2nd half ...

We are good but we lack 2 playmakers on defense and that will cost us in the postseason imo.

Longest winning streak in Cowboys history.

Prescott was fucking good again after early jitters - and we absolutely hammered them in the 2nd half ...

We are good but we lack 2 playmakers on defense and that will cost us in the postseason imo.
Yep that's my feeling also. Against a top ranked offence with a decent defence you may come up short.

I can't see you beating Seahawks in a play off. That said, i think the NFC is a bit weaker than the AFC this year.

The defense is ranked 13th in total so far, which isnt that bad. Its also ranked 5th when it comes to points against with 18,7 per game.
I think we have a shot if we keep the injuries to a minimum in defense. But that will be hard to do obviously.

Anyone but the Cowboys.
Anyone!!!!

Except the Ravens obv

I concur.
Always hated them.
Always will.

You can't hate Dak or Zeke though, they're such solid guys ... as are more and more of the tea ...
You'll let go of your hatred ... and enjoy a nice run for the 'boys.

We won't win the big one this year ...

You can't hate Dak or Zeke though, they're such solid guys ... as are more and more of the tea ...
You'll let go of your hatred ... and enjoy a nice run for the 'boys.

We won't win the big one this year ...
If you lot do win the big one it's probably gonna be Seattle in the Nfc game and the Pats in the Superbowl.
I'll respect it but grimace in pain underneath it all.

If you lot do win the big one it's probably gonna be Seattle in the Nfc game and the Pats in the Superbowl.
I'll respect it but grimace in pain underneath it all.
Pats seem to have peaked a few games ago. Although if we get home field advantage...

Back
Top Bottom