• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NFL Thread 2012

SaintGeorge67

Well-Known
I've had enough pessimism to last a life time. So without further ado I give you your Super Bowl 47 Champions, the Detroit Lions.

Thank you.

I think the Cowboys could surprise, but knowing the Cowboys, that means a final month collapse. Oh the joys of being a Cowboys fan

I dont follow off season a great deal. Hows the Steelers season shaping up?

I dont follow off season a great deal. Hows the Steelers season shaping up?

shaping up for Wallace to hold out and Mendenhall to have to come back from a really tough injury. Also Ben and the O were said to be having problems adapting Haley's playbook and terminology. They should pull it together as usual though as they do have a great coach.

the Seahawks have named Russell Wilson their started .... after handing Flynn (ex-packer) a 3 year, 20+ million contract ... WOW

People are saying Wilson is really good though, much better than expected

Actually gents, the BBC are reporting they will show the Monday night games from this Monday. Will be on the red button, awesum!

Cowboys beat G-men 24-17 in opener. No 4th quarter comeback for Eli or meltdown for Romo. Very happy with a lot there, though a lot of improvement still needed. This division will be great ... again.

Broncos beating Steelers 31-19

Big Ben didnt have the best of games. Peyton Manning was good though, very good.

Broncos beating Steelers 31-19

Big Ben didnt have the best of games. Peyton Manning was good though, very good.

Manning was good but two points:
1) they didn't go deep once
2) his throws were tailing off at the end.

He's not close to himself strength wise - he may get there, he may not.

Agreed mate, I was just impressed seeing as he's been out of the game for a while. Class is permanent etc.

Broncos might go all the way to the SB if Peyton stays healthy and they get home field throughout, which, in THAT division, is very possible. The Pats may go 14-2 without us knowing ANYTHING about them. And San Fransisco might be the best of all of them... It's going to be an enjoyable season.

If nobody minds i'll just ask it here as it doesn't warrant it's own thread .

Does anyone know how the College Football rankings work ? Some games you see teams with a ranking beside their names and others not . So how do you get a ranking and is it based on current form or determined before the season starts ? And what is the benefit of a ranking ?

Always disliked Cushing.

And the fine today for BB - $50,000 - is a fucking joke. LIFE THREATENING, helmet to helmet hits on defenseless recievers gets you a $21,000 fine, but grabbing the arm of an official who is deliberately ignoring warrents more than TWICE that much..?

The NFL is a joke so far this season... The Sunday and Monday night games ended in farce, which may determine where the playoffs are held - Rid-fucking-diculous.

Always disliked Cushing.

And the fine today for BB - $50,000 - is a fucking joke. LIFE THREATENING, helmet to helmet hits on defenseless recievers gets you a $21,000 fine, but grabbing the arm of an official who is deliberately ignoring warrents more than TWICE that much..?

The NFL is a joke so far this season... The Sunday and Monday night games ended in farce, which may determine where the playoffs are held - Rid-fucking-diculous.

I fucking HATE golden tate that cunt who 'caught' the ball on MNF. cheap shot block on sean lee (who's going to be one of the best linebackers in the cowboys' history) and then celebrates like a fucking cunt when lee is still down. Officials don't call anything, but call a 15 yard penalty on Bruce Carter for pushing Wilson before he gets out of bounds ... Romo took a massive helmet to helmet hit too against Tampa. Call? Nope, nothing. They've missed too many of those (another example: Killing Bey when the Steelers lost to Oakland).

the good news is that the last two calls (i never saw the replay of the NE-Bal kick, i assume it was wide?) you mention will get the refs back soon enough ... it's already been talked about on ESPN.

Cowboys are 2-1 - played great against the Giants, horrible against Seattle and poor against Tampa. Eagles should be 0-3 but are 2-1. Giants are 2-1 but we'll only know with 3 games or so if they can challenge for the Super Bowl ...

Someone who hasn't won the SB in the last decade imo will win it this year - very balanced league.

Back
Top Bottom