• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Ole at the wheel choice...

Prefix for Poll Threads

Which do you prefer?

• Smash the scum, Ole sacked.

Votes: 6 9.4%
  • Smash the scum, Ole stays.

Votes: 58 90.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
United looks like a Frankenstein of a team without a unifying philosophy...Some truly great individual parts but no one knows how to get them to gel together. Even on the good days when they win, it feels more like individual brilliance rather than team play.
Pretty much.

All the posts in this thread are making me nervous. I know most of you haven't gloated or made overconfident predictions, but still, it makes me nervous.

If it makes you feel better this Ole narrative only exists at media and fan banter level, there’s no way Klopp or the players care.

I have a shit memory but even under Solksjaer or in any of their supposed recent moments of weakness i always recall difficult games, especially away. We’ll be expecting a difficult encounter.

If it makes you feel better this Ole narrative only exists at media and fan banter level, there’s no way Klopp or the players care.

I have a shit memory but even under Solksjaer or in any of their supposed recent moments of weakness i always recall difficult games, especially away. We’ll be expecting a difficult encounter.
I don't think Klopp has won at Old trafford.
He will definitely want to change that while knowing that it will be difficult

Solskjær messes around too much, which is typical when someone feels the heat,

His central midfield is shit, but he should just play McTominay and Fred and let them just protect the defense and move the ball forward, nothing fancy.
Pogba did well out on the left, being creative, so if you play him, use him there.
He probably feels obliged to play Sancho, who has been shit, another mistake though.
And if Maguire is injured, don't throw him straight back in, use your back ups.

It is a lovely show though.

Cue Dreamy wishing defeat on Liverpool to keep Ole at the wheel
It’s at OT, I don’t have to wish anything. We’ve gone into these games with more reason to be confident and been done.
Beat us on Sunday and for all the doom and gloom for them they’ll be 1 pt behind us.

I think they'll keep him until after the World Cup when some more managers might become available.

Let's smash them 0-7 at OT. Absolute heavy metal football.

I think they'll keep him until after the World Cup when some more managers might become available.

Let's smash them 0-7 at OT. Absolute heavy metal football.

I really have no idea why they haven’t fucked Ole off and hired Conte.

I mean... I’m delighted they haven’t.

I suppose his playing style might not suit everyone as Utd fans probably want a more expansive game.

Klopp has an appalling record at Old Trafford, but he needs to mirror the Leicester performance. Press them high and they'll shit themselves. Leicester did an impressive job. We can do it even better. Our players have always paid them far too much respect in recent years. They're shite for all the money spent. They do not have a remotely decent DM, let alone the two they need to balance their first eleven. Maguire is still coming back from injury, looking both slow and clumsy in his feet and mind. They can't press from the front because Ronaldo is too old. They can't sit off, because they didn't recruit a proper DM, and Pogba and Fenandes have to start, so they're stuck in some weird, aimless limbo, led by a manager who is a talentless muppet, still talking about finding balance years into the job.

They have more than enough quality to pick apart the shite teams, but come against a team with a proper manager and an identity and they look lost. Their home record this year is piss poor. Ole will attempt rebalance the side against us, no doubt, but their options are muck compared to what our front line can do them. That's where the weaknesses are. Press high, dominate the ball, win the second balls in front of their defence, and we'll run riot.

Weirdly in the last few games United have came out playing our game, pressing us, and we go into HT looking a bit scrambled. We can't allow that to happen. Keep the ball in the first ten minutes, let them realise they haven't got a hope in hell. We should absolutely be looking to hump these. We're good enough to demand embarrassment in front of their own fans. No respect. Just clinical destruction.

Last edited:
I really have no idea why they haven’t fucked Ole off and hired Conte.

I mean... I’m delighted they haven’t.

I suppose his playing style might not suit everyone as Utd fans probably want a more expansive game.

Conte's ruled himself out of the Newcastle job, so maybe the Glazers got the impression he's not up for a move just now.

They've reportedly fluttered their eyelashes at Pochettino in the past. Might that be something they'd be looking at again?

Its quite funny the roundabout they've done since Ferguson.

First it was Moyes, the chosen one, Ferguson's choice. The natural successor.
Then, uh oh, better get a big name in. Who's available - Van Gaal - yes, get him.
Oh shite, that failed too. Who can come in and be a quick fix here. Is Mourinho available? Shite football, but he'll win things for us.
Bugger. Wait, Ole's done ok for his few caretaker games - it will boost the feel good factor if we just give him the job.

I think they're at the point in the wheel where they're going to revert back to trying to get the biggest name possible.

Its quite funny the roundabout they've done since Ferguson.

First it was Moyes, the chosen one, Ferguson's choice. The natural successor.
Then, uh oh, better get a big name in. Who's available - Van Gaal - yes, get him.
Oh shite, that failed too. Who can come in and be a quick fix here. Is Mourinho available? Shite football, but he'll win things for us.
Bugger. Wait, Ole's done ok for his few caretaker games - it will boost the feel good factor if we just give him the job.

I think they're at the point in the wheel where they're going to revert back to trying to get the biggest name possible.

Agreed - their fans all want Zidane, but after spending his life living in Bordeaux, Turin and Madrid, I doubt dodging smackheads in Piccadilly Gardens is on his bucket-list.

I'm old enough to remember their wilderness years (a quarter of a century's worth) after Matt Busby retired. That spell included relegation to what's now the Championship, which is not going to happen this time, but with luck and a following wind they could be flapping about for a while yet.

We know that Ronaldo won't press, so we should get some time on the ball at the back. I'd love to see Naby in the team as his pressing is superb and one of his greatest assets to his team. I'd also have Bobby in there for the same reason (plus he's in form!).

Conte's ruled himself out of the Newcastle job, so maybe the Glazers got the impression he's not up for a move just now.

They've reportedly fluttered their eyelashes at Pochettino in the past. Might that be something they'd be looking at again?

Maybe Conte fancies the PSG job - can’t be long before Pochettino gets the boot from there.

I’d wouldn’t be too worried if they did get Pochettino - his greatest achievement as a manager so far appears to be not winning the French League with PSG... which takes some effort.

He can be runner up a lot at Utd too, if he wants.

Although... he’d be better for them than Ole.

I wouldn’t be too fussed about Zidane going there either - it doesn’t feel like he has the managerial philosophy to take a “failing” team like Utd and re-establish them. The fact Zidane hasn’t managed outside of Real should be a concern.

Maybe Brodgers could dust off his PowerPoint presentation skills and make a case for a crack at Utd if Newcastle don’t go for him.

Wouldn’t be too worried about that either.

I dunno who that leaves - I’m kinda glad Nagelsmann went to Bayern.

Personally - I believe they should give Roy Keane the job.

Or Fat Sam.

Agreed - their fans all want Zidane, but after spending his life living in Bordeaux, Turin and Madrid, I doubt dodging smackheads in Piccadilly Gardens is on his bucket-list.
So now came out today and told Mr 'Here We Go' that he would take the job if offered. Typical.

I hope so. He’s never won a trophy either.

Spot on as usual from Neville:

Ronaldo has hurt this team - as many of us thought it would.
He's a selfish player - and doesn't work for the team, wants his goals.
His presence has also hurt Bruno - who was a vital cog for their team.
It's a lazy team - with an average cost.
The key issue we have is they'll come to play Sunday - it's a derby, along with Man City.
Hopefully, Klopp sets up the boys properly and they're eager to ensure that Ole is at the punctured wheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom