• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll One signing

Prefix for Poll Threads

Position

• GK

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Full back

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Centre back

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Centre mid

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • Attacking mid

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • Wide forward

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Centre forward

Votes: 26 53.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea are European champions and will get better, them mancs have a decent squad. We are all about getting as much as we can for the shite we bought in the first place.
Chelsea had to bring in one of the best managers out there to become European champions, is their team better than ours? We finished above them despite all our injury problems.

Mancs have Ole in charge & lost to Villarreal in the Europa final & didn't come close to winning anything else.

Fans need to have a little more faith in this squad.

Chelsea had to bring in one of the best managers out there to become European champions, is their team better than ours? We finished above them despite all our injury problems.

Mancs have Ole in charge & lost to Villarreal in the Europa final & didn't come close to winning anything else.

Fans need to have a little more faith in this squad.
We have the weakest squad out of the top 4, any big injury to a key player and its gonna be a struggle. We should have got in a couple of top players in then sell the rubbish later. The club thanks to FSG are becoming an embarrassment in my opinion

We have the weakest squad out of the top 4, any big injury to a key player and its gonna be a struggle. We should have got in a couple of top players in then sell the rubbish later. The club thanks to FSG are becoming an embarrassment in my opinion

We had 6-7 to cope with last season....and finished 3rd.

Gomez out for 8 months
Virgil out for 8 months
Matip out for 8 months
Hendo was out for 4 months.
Jota was out for 3 months
Alisson Trent & Fab all out for a month.

We had 6-7 to cope with last season....and finished 3rd.

Gomez out for 8 months
Virgil out for 8 months
Matip out for 8 months
Hendo was out for 4 months.
Jota was out for 3 months
Alisson was out for a month.
Trent was out for a month.
Yeah I understand what your saying, but If we didn't buy another player in this window, would you be confident of putting £100 on us winning the title next season

Yeah I understand what your saying, but If we didn't buy another player in this window, would you be confident of putting £100 on us winning the title next season
What odds you giving me? If I was wealthy enough then I would.

I’m putting my bollocks on the line we are winning it.

We have the best manager at least.

Standing still is BS - we added one of the best CMs in Europe to the midfield last season and got fucked by losing one of the best DMs in the world to CB duties.

We are going into this season with Fabinho & Thiago fit and available. Others will be looking at our midfield saying "they've lost Gini but we still can't catch up"

Definitely another CF or flexible forward. All the other positions are "we'll need someone, if we have a bunch of injuries again" vs "we'll need someone regardless of injuries to provide either some relief or competition for the front four".

Buying players in case 4 others get injured is very different than buying players in case someone is knackered or out of form and needs rest.

Standing still is BS - we added one of the best CMs in Europe to the midfield last season and got fucked by losing one of the best DMs in the world to CB duties.

We are going into this season with Fabinho & Thiago fit and available. Others will be looking at our midfield saying "they've lost Gini but we still can't catch up"

I don't think we can argue away last season with "we suffered because we had loads of injuries".

The CB situation did end up being pretty ridiculous but given that 2 of the 3 senior defenders we had were well known to be injury prone and likely to miss parts of the season meant that we were always playing with fire.

We have a few too many injury prone players and a small squad. That hasn't changed.

I don't think we can argue away last season with "we suffered because we had loads of injuries".

The CB situation did end up being pretty ridiculous but given that 2 of the 3 senior defenders we had were well known to be injury prone and likely to miss parts of the season meant that we were always playing with fire.

We have a few too many injury prone players and a small squad. That hasn't changed.

The comment about 'standing still' seemed to be directly at our midfield - and I think the injuries elsewhere did mean that we missed the chance to see our full midfield in flow to make any assessment on whether we are 'standing still' or whether it is actually in good condition. We saw only a few stints of the midfield with both Fabinho & Thiago playing, and we now have Hendo & Naby to join that (and Curtis).

I think a season of makeshift line ups has made us forget some of our strengths and additions.

The comment about 'standing still' seemed to be directly at our midfield - and I think the injuries elsewhere did mean that we missed the chance to see our full midfield in flow to make any assessment on whether we are 'standing still' or whether it is actually in good condition. We saw only a few stints of the midfield with both Fabinho & Thiago playing, and we now have Hendo & Naby to join that (and Curtis).

I think a season of makeshift line ups has made us forget some of our strengths and additions.

Yeah, there is no doubt that when we're fully fit and at our peak, we're up there with the best.

The question is how often we'll be able to say we're fully fit and at our peak.

Even Robertson started to show signs of the strain last season. Can we expect Hendo and Thiago to a) stay fit and b) play twice a week at their best?

Unless Klopp sees Jones taking a central role or by some miracle Keita stays fit and stops being a shithouse, we're in the shit without another midfielder.

Yeah, there is no doubt that when we're fully fit and at our peak, we're up there with the best.

The question is how often we'll be able to say we're fully fit and at our peak.

Even Robertson started to show signs of the strain last season. Can we expect Hendo and Thiago to a) stay fit and b) play twice a week at their best?

Unless Klopp sees Jones taking a central role or by some miracle Keita stays fit and stops being a shithouse, we're in the shit without another midfielder.

Yes - true. And at some point a succession plan for Hendo & Thiago is needed.

I hope that we would manage Hendo's minutes carefully this season and use Curtis & Naby much more. I guess that luxury (and for other key players) will come down to finishing games off in 60/70 mins which we didn't do often enough last season when winning.

Yes - true. And at some point a succession plan for Hendo & Thiago is needed.

I hope that we would manage Hendo's minutes carefully this season and use Curtis & Naby much more. I guess that luxury (and for other key players) will come down to finishing games off in 60/70 mins which we didn't do often enough last season when winning.

We always seem to need the full 90 mins to get past opponents. I don't remember many games where we are comfortably winning by the 70th or so min.

I can't decide whether this is self inflicted or do opponents just think they always have a chance against us in particular, and work so much harder.

In contrast, many of them lay dead by the 60th min against teams like Citeh.

We also had a lot of trouble scoring goals without any significant injuries to our attackers (bar Jota who was mostly a sub)

The trouble with scoring goals can also be correlated to injuries though. Make shift team, people playing out of position and not having any rhythm in our game because of it. That will transfer into less goals.

Mane also had his worse season ever mostly because of no rest and covid.

We could do with two things to make us more difficult to defend against.
A physical striker in the box, someone who can shoot well from distance and draw teams out.

We could do with two things to make us more difficult to defend against.
A physical striker in the box, someone who can shoot well from distance and draw teams out.

the latter point is one that has annoyed me lately. We really don’t do much in the way of distance shooting even though we’ve seen that both of Fabinho & Hendo have a goal in them from range. Trent needs to get more opportunities to do so too but that’s tricky from the wing. Maybe ox getting more minutes will help there too.

the latter point is one that has annoyed me lately. We really don’t do much in the way of distance shooting even though we’ve seen that both of Fabinho & Hendo have a goal in them from range. Trent needs to get more opportunities to do so too but that’s tricky from the wing. Maybe ox getting more minutes will help there too.

Ox at least thinks he can be this player, offering some running with the ball from midfield and shooting.
Sad thing is, we don't really have anyone who can. Not Hendo, and Fabs is usually a bit deeper, covering.

I'll take an attacking midfielder, who could possibly play a false 9 role.

90% sure he doesn't exist though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom