• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Origi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Klopp has made it clear that Brewster will fill that role.

Klopp has alluded to in the interviews that it will be the front 3, then Origi, then Brewster. So I think Holle's point still stands that we need a quality player to swap out with them, but it doesn't sound like he's interested in doing that. If we get an injury then it'll be Origi or one of the youth team up front which isn't a great situation.

I'm worried we're going to regress this season if Klopps vision of improving the squad is having the Ox, Lallana and Brewster fit.

I'm worried we're going to regress this season if Klopps vision of improving the squad is having the Ox, Lallana and Brewster fit.

We have shown again and again that it takes time to fit in to us. Ox, robbo, fabs and Keita are just examples that you don’t walk straight into our team. Fabs and Keita came as expensive high profilen signings but need to outfight Gini and Millie for a starting place... They need to work harder, run more and run smarter... ox is on his way to do it. Keita too. Fabs is there now. No new signing at this stage, unless it is Mbappe, will go into this team...Brewster can work as hard as any other signing and compete for that Starting role down the line. And that's fair and cool.

For those of you who think that Origi is not good enough, I think you need to evaluate him as a striker for any of the teams from position 7 downwards. For those teams he would be their main striker, and given Klopp's latest comments - his view Origi is the same as mine, he was becoming something very special for us up until he had that injury in that Everton game, and then for whatever reason he just could not find form. I think he is the perfect backup for us, for any of our front three - he is clinical, has pace, and trickery to his game. Even in the final - he showed he has the general awareness but was let down by his passing, but his positional sense as a striker is all there to see. We also cannot ignore Shaq - on his day he is world class and for his national side he is their most dangerous player, both a creative and able to score goals. The only thing lacking or questionable in both of them is long term performance if we ever have a serious injury to any of our front men.

On another note - I hear many of you getting excited about Dembele from Barca, personally I think for now Origi can be more effective for us than he would be. Certainly when it matters Origi has shown he can do the fucking business. Mr. Legend !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom