• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other forum meltdown watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the issue with the Internet in general. Mentalists and other bitter people with seemingly little to no objectivity now have a far wider reach. The madness of their comments and views stay longer in the mind than rational, objective opinions from the same fan base.

As Ricky Gervais said "It seems it's more important to be liked than be right". And by liked, I mean the people who seem to revel in their levels of contrariness, ignorance of actual facts and ignoring all context to prove that they are "right". To these people, those who disagree with them seem to almost be proof of their validity.

It baffles me that non parody accounts on Twitter have completely transparent agendas against certain players. I saw one the other day that hates Henderson with every fibre of his tweets, yet denies his agenda, whilst pushing other players who are either out of form, or simply not the same type of player. It's almost like they blame Henderson for not being a mix of Xavi & Iniesta combined in every game he plays and aren't happy unless we have a team of top rated FIFA rated players.

Simply the Internet has enabled the mentalists to reach a wider and in some instances, more appreciative audience.
That's a great quote fella - Great post all round too. Post more you fucking tart :)

I see on the bbc website, Pep had another mini-meltdown when they asked him about the fortunate break they got with their first goal today.

I mean, come on, do you really need to complain about a fucking drop ball going against you. Referees make mistakes, both for and against all teams. City are only punished for these referee mistakes because their defending is so crap. WTF was Otamendi doing? WTF was Ederson doing? Focus on that, instead of a fucking dropball.

Like last minute today, Wolves had a corner well past the allotted 4mins of injury time. But Virgil headed it clear. So no one cries about it.

City would probably have conceded that and Pep would be crying about an extra 30 seconds being played.

Similarly, Mendy WAS fouled the other day (when he had a brainfart and try to obstruct his way to a Wolves corner!?). But how about you coach Otamendi to defend his near post area, or Fernandinho to pick up the striker in the box, instead of cry about ONE foul that went against you. Whilst you are at it, coach Mendy the rules of the game and that him shepperding a ball out that his own player had headed, would have resulted in a corner kick, the big OAF.

City have had far too many moments this year, where they cry about penalties (or handballs) that clearly are accidental.

I'm trying to be objective here in that I can understand when a big decision THAT YOU DESERVE goes against you. But the biggest one they cried about was when Trent handled in our box, from A DEFLECTED HANDBALL from Bernardo. Sure, I would not have argued had it been given as a penalty. But how lucky would that have been on their part. It's not like they even fashioned out a huge chance there that Trent actually prevented them from scoring. They got a lucky ricochet from a handball from their player, which would have resulted in a disallowed goal, had Sterling/Aguero scored anyway, and yet they are crying about it like it decided the whole game? Ok, well if it did, then that Kompany tackle on Salah (when he was clean through on goal) should have been a red in Jan. That one decision decided the title race and an unbeaten season. So I guess we were due a bit of luck this year. Moreover, I recall them getting a penalty at Anfield last year and missing it. Hell, Sterling missed 2 the other day and they still lost.

How about instead of crying about every decision, they just learn to defend the edge of the box, so Fabinho doesn't have all the time in the world to blast one in from 30 yards? That might have helped them?

Gawd, they really are the victims, aren't they? The irony.

Lolz at the fume claiming our title will be tainted.

VAR does need changing though. Our version of it is wank. And it's meant to be the 'best league in the world'.

Forgive me if this has been posted before but just found this on Blue Fume and thought I had to share it with you,enjoy :)

How do they do it?

No club’s players run as far, as fast, for as long and as often as Liverpool’s players do yet rather surprisingly, the common muscle injuries brought about by fatigue and excessive use that other clubs protect their players from is never an issue for them.

It’s time to start asking questions when one set of players seem to be vastly superior in terms of physical fitness and endurance to everyone else’s. Is anything being done to actively investigate this?

The BBC reporter Dan Roan has poked around the British cycling team because of their dominance. He’s also cast an eye over the infamous Oregon Project - where Mo Farah trained with the controversial Coach Salazar - because of their dominance. So without doubt it’s time to start poking around football and Liverpool FC in particular, where the vast sums of money far in excess of those around cycling and athletics create a clear incentive to circumvent the regulations.

That’s assuming the regulations are actually being enforced in the first place.

We know they have a substantial sports science team working behind the scenes, but what isn’t clear are the methods they are using and how they seem to be so superior to everyone else. Not just a bit better, but vastly superior. And whether they actually break the rules, indeed whether there is sufficient checking to make sure that the rules aren’t being broken.

While virtually every other Premier League club has rested players and rotated their squad during the hectic Chrtismas period of fixtures, LFC will take the field against Wolves on December 29 with just one change from their last outing against Leicester. This, after what should have been a gruelling trip to Dubai on top of the fixtures that everyone else has had to endure.

And despite that, they’ll outrun Wolves for the entire 90 minutes today with no visible signs whatsoever of fatigue.

It’s time to start asking questions.

Forgive me if this has been posted before but just found this on Blue Fume and thought I had to share it with you,enjoy :)

How do they do it?

No club’s players run as far, as fast, for as long and as often as Liverpool’s players do yet rather surprisingly, the common muscle injuries brought about by fatigue and excessive use that other clubs protect their players from is never an issue for them.

It’s time to start asking questions when one set of players seem to be vastly superior in terms of physical fitness and endurance to everyone else’s. Is anything being done to actively investigate this?

The BBC reporter Dan Roan has poked around the British cycling team because of their dominance. He’s also cast an eye over the infamous Oregon Project - where Mo Farah trained with the controversial Coach Salazar - because of their dominance. So without doubt it’s time to start poking around football and Liverpool FC in particular, where the vast sums of money far in excess of those around cycling and athletics create a clear incentive to circumvent the regulations.

That’s assuming the regulations are actually being enforced in the first place.

We know they have a substantial sports science team working behind the scenes, but what isn’t clear are the methods they are using and how they seem to be so superior to everyone else. Not just a bit better, but vastly superior. And whether they actually break the rules, indeed whether there is sufficient checking to make sure that the rules aren’t being broken.

While virtually every other Premier League club has rested players and rotated their squad during the hectic Chrtismas period of fixtures, LFC will take the field against Wolves on December 29 with just one change from their last outing against Leicester. This, after what should have been a gruelling trip to Dubai on top of the fixtures that everyone else has had to endure.

And despite that, they’ll outrun Wolves for the entire 90 minutes today with no visible signs whatsoever of fatigue.

It’s time to start asking questions.

Totally agree with this guy, why are our players more fit than most ? - because they are not lazy cunts like theirs and our players are mentality monsters.

And here's the moment Leicester fans realised that Mane scored a good goal and Wolves goal was offside...

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/119151-premier-league-thread-201920/page/700/#comments

Reading through much of that, I am surprised that these other supporters have this LiVARPool thing going to, as I thought it was just City fans giving us that title. Also why target us ? - I am pretty sure other teams have been favoured. Also - there is some geezer on that thread who is posting but he has a Watford image ? reading on in that thread you get one very reasonable poster named Finnegan who posted this in response to all the shit posted about us by his fellow posters:

No offence boys but I'm getting really bored of opinions like this.

This is nothing to do with technology, it's accurate. Basically every offside decision I've seen this year has been accurate.

I don't gives flying shit if someone is offside by a millimetre or not, there has to be a cut off somewhere. If you're off, you're off, whether you're off by a pixel or by ten metres. It doesn't matter. There has to be a threshold somewhere. Jonny WAS off.

If you insist there has to be daylight, for example, you still have to have a cut off somewhere so it ends up being daylight by a pixel or whatever.

All people are getting angry about this season is, stupidly, accuracy. You're getting upset at decisions being rightly given that are close. That's retarded. Last season you had decisions going wrong when there was miles off or onside. What do you prefer!?

I love a rant about VAR favouring Liverpool as much as anyone but put your bias away a second. Lallana did hit his shoulder and Jonny was marginally offside

Reading through much of that, I am surprised that these other supporters have this LiVARPool thing going to, as I thought it was just City fans giving us that title. Also why target us ? - I am pretty sure other teams have been favoured. Also - there is some geezer on that thread who is posting but he has a Watford image ? reading on in that thread you get one very reasonable poster named Finnegan who posted this in response to all the shit posted about us by his fellow posters:

This is nothing to do with technology, it's accurate. Basically every offside decision I've seen this year has been accurate.

I don't gives flying shit if someone is offside by a millimetre or not, there has to be a cut off somewhere. If you're off, you're off, whether you're off by a pixel or by ten metres. It doesn't matter. There has to be a threshold somewhere. Jonny WAS off.

If you insist there has to be daylight, for example, you still have to have a cut off somewhere so it ends up being daylight by a pixel or whatever.

All people are getting angry about this season is, stupidly, accuracy. You're getting upset at decisions being rightly given that are close. That's retarded. Last season you had decisions going wrong when there was miles off or onside. What do you prefer!?

I love a rant about VAR favouring Liverpool as much as anyone but put your bias away a second. Lallana did hit his shoulder and Jonny was marginally offside
He's absolutely right. I said the same today talking to my brother. If you say they shouldn't rule out goals for small margins then what is the correct margin? And if you decide it to be 5 centimeters people are going to be complaining about decisions that are 4.9 cm offside etc.
Souness idea about any part of the body being onside is stupid too. It would basically be the opposite, the offside line would now be drawn behind the player instead and we'd still see the same millimetre discussions. But yeah there would be more goals but no one would even try to attempt offside traps and linesmen would have even more problems determining if it's offside on the pitch.

Last edited:
This Leicester fan absolutely spot on :

This is nothing to do with technology, it's accurate. Basically every offside decision I've seen this year has been accurate

All people are getting angry about this season is, stupidly, accuracy. You're getting upset at decisions being rightly given that are close. That's retarded
. Last season you had decisions going wrong when there was miles off or onside. What do you prefer!?

I love a rant about VAR favouring Liverpool as much as anyone but put your bias away a second. Lallana did hit his shoulder and Jonny was marginally off.

*Cries - Moran beat me to it.

Last edited:
Saw this little gem this morning..

Basic maths failing Utd websites.

They double down on it later on.. by saying on Spurs (33) and City boast a better trio.

Errr what?
4c8deb9b39dab822a139eca213574aa0.jpg

I don’t think the rules need changing drastically.

Give the benefit of the doubt to the attacker and if you need to drop into frame by frame it’s onside.

I think only the leg/feet are to be used as an indication for offside, forget about the armpits?

I've said for a while now.. my view is, if the lines are touching, it should be given as on-side.

If there is a gap between the lines, it should be off-side.

Liken it to 'umpires call' we could have 'assistant referee's' call.

Such a simple change to make and would allow for these controversial goals to stand.

Until we have mini-cameras all the way along the stands, you will have these 'illusions'. Despite the technology saying its accurate.

This Leicester fan absolutely spot on :

This is nothing to do with technology, it's accurate. Basically every offside decision I've seen this year has been accurate

All people are getting angry about this season is, stupidly, accuracy. You're getting upset at decisions being rightly given that are close. That's retarded
. Last season you had decisions going wrong when there was miles off or onside. What do you prefer!?

I love a rant about VAR favouring Liverpool as much as anyone but put your bias away a second. Lallana did hit his shoulder and Jonny was marginally off.

*Cries - Moran beat me to it.

He's right except for the fact that what people are saying is that 1) var is not transparent, nor does it seem adequately accurate on it's face to make pixel level decisions 2) given that, spending minutes on a very marginal decision isn't worth the destruction of the immediacy of the game.

So, if people had chips in their shoes and their shirts, and the same decisions were made immediately, people would be happy.

He's right except for the fact that what people are saying is that 1) var is not transparent, nor does it seem adequately accurate on it's face to make pixel level decisions 2) given that, spending minutes on a very marginal decision isn't worth the destruction of the immediacy of the game.

So, if people had chips in their shoes and their shirts, and the same decisions were made immediately, people would be happy.
VAR is transparent it's just that it's not transmitted to the crowd in real time. Though that isn't what most people are complaining about. As for destruction of the immediacy of the game that comes down to an individual's perception or preference - personally I want the right decision every time. Though for sure the alacrity of the PL's VAR implementation is severely lacking.

The accuracy comes down to FPS (frames per second) and there is a misconception here that the FPS isn't fast enough to accurately track a players movement (50 fps oft quoted). However whilst most people seem to believe they are using Sky's cameras (or whoever is covering the game) that isn't actually true, they are using Hawkeye, a 340 fps utra-motion camera, and the 'margin of error' using a player traveling at 23.4kph from one frame to another would be 1.91cm (to use a quote from Reddit and I can't be arsed confirming the maths so I'll take it as given). So pretty much 2cms is what should be permitted as the 'margin of error. So just as you say, not down to pixel level.

Quote from ESPN's article here : https://www.espn.co.uk/afl/story/_/id/28354140/australia-teams-decade

VAR's technical gadgetry is far simpler and in place. It has eight super slo-mo and four ultra slo-mo cameras (compared to DRS' six high-speed cameras around the crease), but the rest is merely the sound system between the on-field referee and the VAR team in Moscow, and HawkEye's three-dimensional offside line.

Last edited:
West Ham disgusted at Moyes reappointment.

In Dave's presser today he says he's a winner.

29% win ratio first time round.
25% win ratio at Sunderland
28.5% win ratio at Sociedad

That's not what I call winning, you thick scottish chosen fuck.

Imo what the 'offside is offside' brigade miss is that the law was never drafted with the knowledge that it'd be used like this.

The point of the law is to stop forwards gaining an unfair advantage. At some point a reasonable compromise was reached which was called being level with the defender, which effectively meant that it was too close to call and no meaningful advantage was gained. In a similar way, 'fouls' where a player brushes against a player but doesn't affect him are ignored, again because no harm is done.

You have to look at the principle as well as the letter of the law. The easiest solution is to give VAR a time limit of 30 seconds or so for all decisions, if it's too close to call in that time then just move on.

Imo what the 'offside is offside' brigade miss is that the law was never drafted with the knowledge that it'd be used like this.

The point of the law is to stop forwards gaining an unfair advantage. At some point a reasonable compromise was reached which was called being level with the defender, which effectively meant that it was too close to call and no meaningful advantage was gained. In a similar way, 'fouls' where a player brushes against a player but doesn't affect him are ignored, again because no harm is done.

You have to look at the principle as well as the letter of the law. The easiest solution is to give VAR a time limit of 30 seconds or so for all decisions, if it's too close to call in that time then just move on.
Nah that's bollocks because you have different camera angles to assess so time limits don't work. Btw in the last World Cup, where everyone seemed to deem it a success, the average was 84.x secs per review.

Clearly the only fair compromise, that would speed it up anyway, because many potential offsides could be dismissed without further review, is to allow attacking players a margin of error whereby anything inside it is considered to have no advantage, say 30cms. Maybe it would be easier to measure though logic suggests not, but at least then people would acknowledge that anything close to that line is definitely offside and not 'unfair' due to boot size, hair length or whatever !

Obviously it's a guess because I haven't run the test, but on the face of it 30 seconds seems a reasonable amount of time to look at a monitor and determine if a player is clearly offside or not. If you need multiple camera angles then the call is very marginal, practically by definition. The actual number might be 40 seconds or whatever, but the principle's the same.

Generally before VAR came in the argument for it was to eliminate blatant errors, and the one against it was that it'd ruin the flow of the game. It was never intended to ruin the flow of the game for the sake of unbelievably marginal decisions! A low time limit would seem like a reasonable compromise.

Someone will be banned from the fume by being reasonable and logical.

[article]Can I try to answer your questions? I'm not a fan of us calling this conspiracy theory and would like us to talk about us rather than liverpool. So here we go...

You say from start of the season we didnt have any decisions for us, as a matter of fact, we had a brilliant early schedule compared to liverpool. Imagine this, by the time we played liverpool, our first competitive game of the season, liverpool already played Chelsea twice, Napoli, Arsenal, Spurs and MU. We should have taken the lead, but we drew againts Spurs, the only competitive game before liverpool. We didnt capitalise with this, Liverpool was sweeping teams away apart from MU game, which I will talk about later.

Our CL groupstage, was EL level. Could not have picked a easier group, should have helped our bpl as it was less competitive games, but again, we didnt capitalise. Liverpool had a tricky opponents, Napoli who did beat them twice and RBS. Tougher run of games for Liverpool.

Liverpool played MK Don, Arsenal and Aston villa in league cup. We got Preston, Southampton, and Oxford. Again considerably easier opposition and remember, FA refused to push the game away while liverpool travelled to Dubai for CWC and played 2 games againts respected opposition who was showing themself to the world and had to travel back to play Leicester. We again, didnt capitalise since liverpool played one bpl game less.

So we had easier schedule all over the beginning of the season, bpl, league cups and CL,except for christmas. But that seem to be your only focus. We just didnt capitalise while we had the chance.

Let's talk about VAR. Liverpool had a clear as day light penalty not given vs Newcastle, goal disallowed againts Watford, MU, us , Aston villa and that MU goal that was given eventhough VAR clearly was showing a fault. I can't remember if there was more. They were affected by VAR as much as us.

That TAA handball, looks like handball to me, il agree. Can you tell me right before it hits his hand, did it hit silvas hand or not? And why our own players didnt play to the damn whistle. Was that the winning goal, no, we lost 3-1.

You must be thinking why I am talking about CL, group stages and league cup. It's because it looks like a great setup for us to succeed. We just didnt take our chance. We played againts liverpool only once, they had no say in other games. Last season they only lost once and lost the title by 1 point. Third highest ever points tally without VAR. They look like they going on the same run this season as last season. So its no fluke.

Now, don't resort to abuse please, I just want us to stop talking about liverpool and conspiracy theories and focus in ourself. Please. Let's be constructive. Apologise if I offended anyone.
[/article]

Someone will be banned from the fume by being reasonable and logical.

[article]Can I try to answer your questions? I'm not a fan of us calling this conspiracy theory and would like us to talk about us rather than liverpool. So here we go...

You say from start of the season we didnt have any decisions for us, as a matter of fact, we had a brilliant early schedule compared to liverpool. Imagine this, by the time we played liverpool, our first competitive game of the season, liverpool already played Chelsea twice, Napoli, Arsenal, Spurs and MU. We should have taken the lead, but we drew againts Spurs, the only competitive game before liverpool. We didnt capitalise with this, Liverpool was sweeping teams away apart from MU game, which I will talk about later.

Our CL groupstage, was EL level. Could not have picked a easier group, should have helped our bpl as it was less competitive games, but again, we didnt capitalise. Liverpool had a tricky opponents, Napoli who did beat them twice and RBS. Tougher run of games for Liverpool.

Liverpool played MK Don, Arsenal and Aston villa in league cup. We got Preston, Southampton, and Oxford. Again considerably easier opposition and remember, FA refused to push the game away while liverpool travelled to Dubai for CWC and played 2 games againts respected opposition who was showing themself to the world and had to travel back to play Leicester. We again, didnt capitalise since liverpool played one bpl game less.

So we had easier schedule all over the beginning of the season, bpl, league cups and CL,except for christmas. But that seem to be your only focus. We just didnt capitalise while we had the chance.

Let's talk about VAR. Liverpool had a clear as day light penalty not given vs Newcastle, goal disallowed againts Watford, MU, us , Aston villa and that MU goal that was given eventhough VAR clearly was showing a fault. I can't remember if there was more. They were affected by VAR as much as us.

That TAA handball, looks like handball to me, il agree. Can you tell me right before it hits his hand, did it hit silvas hand or not? And why our own players didnt play to the damn whistle. Was that the winning goal, no, we lost 3-1.

You must be thinking why I am talking about CL, group stages and league cup. It's because it looks like a great setup for us to succeed. We just didnt take our chance. We played againts liverpool only once, they had no say in other games. Last season they only lost once and lost the title by 1 point. Third highest ever points tally without VAR. They look like they going on the same run this season as last season. So its no fluke.

Now, don't resort to abuse please, I just want us to stop talking about liverpool and conspiracy theories and focus in ourself. Please. Let's be constructive. Apologise if I offended anyone.
[/article]

Love this reply

are you still peddling this “I’m a city fan but respect the dippers” mantra - because it’s not working my love.

Mods - can we dispense of this bus wrecker so he can spread his perverse nature over other forums?

with regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom