• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other forum meltdown watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carra is a prick though, keep harping on needing to change Ole. I support Keane in this instance, I would want United to be patient and give Ole more time. Until 2024.
I watched that live, and it's a lot longer than just that clip (yeah I got your tongue in cheek comment). Both were wrong but Carra more right, Keane just thought a manager should get a couple of years regardless (he said the same for Mourinho and LvG and Moyes) whereas Carra pointed out that United were buying good players but they weren't performing once they got there so where does the blame lie ? He also said OGS came from Molde ... how were United not hiring the world's best.

In Keane's plus column he was eulogising Liverpool though :D

Carra is a prick though, keep harping on needing to change Ole. I support Keane in this instance, I would want United to be patient and give Ole more time. Until 2024.

I think it's time the Utd board do some self questioning . Are they going to listen to club legend Roy Keane, and keep the faith, or are they going to go along with what that Scouse Spitface? Would Carra ever have Utd's best interests at heart?

If that were the case not a single match in the PL would reach HT since at least a dozen would have accumulated two Yellows. I wonder if some of you have any idea what is said/goes on on a football pitch in reality. Unlike rugby where that would see you in trouble. I feel sorry for refs having to take the abuse but it's not stopping any time soon.
That's my point though, it should be like Rugby or indeed most other sports. The refs mike should be linked to the TV. Only captains allowed to speak to the ref.

In the age of VAR there is no need fo harass the ref.

Change the culture at the top.. it will filter to grass roots.

KnaresboroughBlue
city986 said: ↑
Watching this livarpool team is just the same as watching Leicester when they won the league

Been a similar kind of season to Leiester's as well in a way. Playing well enough but lots of decisions (with and without VAR) going their way, opposition keepers just about chucking it into their own nets, opposition players missing easy chances and the teams expected to challenge all having ropey seasons.

So between the debates on us being hoof ball or actually really good, touching the keeper might not be a foul and Kompany leaving fucked them up there was some gems.

First mongy comment in a few pages.

[article]
Despite the king's ransom that Dippers will deny they paid for him, he's the pauper's version of Vinny! In fact, IIRC, they've paid TEN fuckin' times what we paid for Vinny.
[/article]

Typical playing down rival’s ability.

[article]
Liverpool are a myth. Its like watching fucking pinball. Salah is a class player but his skill is lost in hoòoooof. Cannot believe they are so far ahead. Yes I do. Our defence.
[/article]

This didn’t age well.

[article]
Alison is very overrated.
[/article]

He’s so good he didn’t start.
[article]
Mata is the only quality player on the pitch says a lot .

[/article]

The Robbo hate is still strong.
[article]
Funny how they don't push the rags over the hoardings,that wouldn't be allowed[/article]

What dodgy things happened to piss off this tin hat wearer?
[article]
How more blatent match management do the non believers need to realise the game is bent ? That was the perfect outcome for the prem today gift wrapped and handed to you for your entertainment and it's liiiiiivvvee and fixed !!!
[/article]

They hate loud crowds. They’re not used to it.

[article]
Why do they always over do it on the Crowd Micropohones at Klanfield.

They have it that loud it is distorted on surround sound.[/article]

Keep dreaming sunshine.
[article]
Well, Klopp off to Bayern at the end of the season and VVD off to Real Madrid - enjoy it while you can Liverpool.

[/article]

This fucking retard.
[article]
Klopp is the German Sam Allardyce. Loads of goals from set pieces, crosses into the box from wide areas, get it forward as quickly as possible. Said this on Twitter and someone agreed, saying Mane is the African Kevin Davies. Top reply that.

[/article]

That last one is really lacking in self awareness. I'd love to see City's crossing stats for this season. They seem to do loads of it.

I am trying not to have a tin foil hat on my head and pencils up my nose but the Dip/Rag match seemed almost orchestrated, certainly controlled. The Dips score quite early and it looks like it could be 6 by half time, except of course they had 2 goals ruled out, both of which, on any other day could have been and for the scousers would have been given, so the score was kept respectable and the raggies were not embarrassed in front of a 'Live' TV audience. I am not usually this far over, yes I think the game is bent but this post is a bit of a stretch for me...……..

but it did seem strange.

I said that misty,it was defo managed to keep the game interesting and so the rags didn't get battered,the dippers have not had decisions like that against them in one game before

---

People cant see beyond the end of their noses Karen. First time VAR goes against Liverpool is when the title is over, and its against.....guess who ? WWE.

---

It was predicted by a few on here, they must think we’re stupid

---

I said that misty,it was defo managed to keep the game interesting and so the rags didn't get battered,the dippers have not had decisions like that against them in one game before

---

People cant see beyond the end of their noses Karen. First time VAR goes against Liverpool is when the title is over, and its against.....guess who ? WWE.

---

It was predicted by a few on here, they must think we’re stupid

---

Well, got us bang to rights there.

They're taking this tweet well

Until we're crowned we shouldn't be in the mix.
Here's my unbiased top prem teams since its foundation
Man United 98/99 (treble-winning squad)
Man City 18/19 (Domestic treble, 17 games winning streak, 98 points)
Man City 17/18 (100 points and League)

Arsenal 03/04 (Unbeaten)
Liverpool 17/18 (97 points + CL+only 1 loss)
Man United 08/09
Chelsea 09/10 (first to surpass 100 goals, easily the best Chelsea squad)

If this team does the double and goes unbeaten, it will surpass Man United as the best team in EPL history

Until we're crowned we shouldn't be in the mix.
Here's my unbiased top prem teams since its foundation
Man United 98/99 (treble-winning squad)
Man City 18/19 (Domestic treble, 17 games winning streak, 98 points)
Man City 17/18 (100 points and League)

Arsenal 03/04 (Unbeaten)
Liverpool 17/18 (97 points + CL+only 1 loss)
Man United 08/09
Chelsea 09/10 (first to surpass 100 goals, easily the best Chelsea squad)

If this team does the double and goes unbeaten, it will surpass Man United as the best team in EPL history

*Makes note in SCM book of closet Mancs*

I literally hate them. I’ve just been on my lunch break at work and went into Asda Altrincham to do a quick shop. I got to the till point and a member of staff was stood there singing you’ll never walk alone loudly to a customer. I’m guessing he knew him. This went on for about 2 minutes until I’d had enough by the time I got to the checkout and it was my turn. I just looked at the daft twat, shook my head and walked out and didn’t buy a thing. I literally hate them. They are 100x worse than United

I literally hate them. I’ve just been on my lunch break at work and went into Asda Altrincham to do a quick shop. I got to the till point and a member of staff was stood there singing you’ll never walk alone loudly to a customer. I’m guessing he knew him. This went on for about 2 minutes until I’d had enough by the time I got to the checkout and it was my turn. I just looked at the daft twat, shook my head and walked out and didn’t buy a thing. I literally hate them. They are 100x worse than United

I wish that actually happened. Although perhaps not... because it's even more sad if you aren't even able to be a hero in your own work of fiction.

Fume wife: Uh, where's the milk you went out for.

Fume husband: There's a simple explanation! It begins with the English FA.

Nice reply post by a Manc on RC where the debate is coming around to the best team in PL history (we won't get into 'football didn't start with the PL') and of course it's now about how weak the PL and CL teams are at the moment whereas when United did the treble ..... :

We won the Champions League in 2007/08, a season in which:

- Juventus just got back from Serie B because of calciopoli

- Bayern didn't even play in the CL
- Real Madrid were slap bang in the middle of their amazing "can't even make the last 8 in the CL" run
- Barcelona finished 3rd in La Liga behind Villarreal and struggled to get past Celtic in the CL, as the likes of Ronaldinho and Deco basically couldn't be arsed anymore and "just give it to Messi" wasn't as effective as in later years
- Milan clearly didn't have another run like 06/07 in their ageing squad and in the end finished 5th in Serie A

Our biggest rivals both home and in Europe were Chelsea, managed by Avram fecking Grant.

We were a fecking great team back then and fully deserved all the trophies. It was a fun ride and all. But frankly, denigrating Liverpool's achievements because "the competition is weak" makes us look very bitter and RAWKish, especially considering the above.

I love how City fans call Sterling "Raz" lol Its like an affectionate name you'd give to a forgotten band member of Oasis or one of their roadies.

[article]Not only is it tainted mate they’ve not had a single stand out moment of drama or proven when the chips are really down they can overcome the odds. In 2012 we had VKs header at home against Utd even before the Aguero moment. In 2014 we chased down a lead and they bottled it under pressure. They bottled it last year when the pressure was on. Even this year they don’t have any stand out moments bar those given by VAR. no VK vs Leicester. They’ve not had a challenge this year the standard of the top 5 is very poor in terms of consistency. They will win it but what will the highlights or defining moments be? Beating us because VAR allowed it? They still can’t out score us even with the best front three in the world
[/article]

Oh shit. We won’t remember this season because there is no drama. There won’t be a highlight reel because there isn’t any highlights. Boo fucking hoo.

[article]Not only is it tainted mate they’ve not had a single stand out moment of drama or proven when the chips are really down they can overcome the odds. In 2012 we had VKs header at home against Utd even before the Aguero moment. In 2014 we chased down a lead and they bottled it under pressure. They bottled it last year when the pressure was on. Even this year they don’t have any stand out moments bar those given by VAR. no VK vs Leicester. They’ve not had a challenge this year the standard of the top 5 is very poor in terms of consistency. They will win it but what will the highlights or defining moments be? Beating us because VAR allowed it? They still can’t out score us even with the best front three in the world
[/article]

Oh shit. We won’t remember this season because there is no drama. There won’t be a highlight reel because there isn’t any highlights. Boo fucking hoo.

[bcolor=#fdfbf8]

This isn't drama enough, but I will still remember it. Especially as this is direct long ball play direct from the Sam Allardyce tactic board.[/bcolor]

Stuff like this is why I'll never leave Twitter even if I never use it.

'I’ve said that for ages and been laughed at. But his football is Route 1, Mane’ is an African Kevin Davies and they kick the shit out of the opposition which was always Allardyce’s strategy'.

'It's Wimbledon but with better players. No real tactics other than long ball and panic the opposition'.

*Speechless*

Last edited:
Had to
07186e44436cf5a57ca35e5b5e3647ba.jpg

When you are being closed down in midfield by the opposition, the long ball is the 100% correct tactic. When you have players with the speed and ball skills of Mané, Salah and Firmino, it can be devastating.

Have you noticed how our forwards are always aware of the offside? It seems to me that we very rarely get caught by the assistant referee's flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom