• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other matches Sept 17-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkstarexodus

Very Well-Known
Well, it's the hope that kills. Wolves don't give up many goals but Grealish scores in the first minute today.

So, which faltering player on our rivals will we talk about and mock next? Ffs.

And Haaland makes it two. A rare Saturday morning where I cam enjoy watching the matches and there's nothing to enjoy.

Why don't we turn this thread into the international break thread and talk about Estonia v Malta.

Looking forward to Canada v Qatar and v Uruguay this week! Get to see how we stack up against non-CONCACAF opponents. (Likely not well.)

In that regard, I'd love to see a Wolves player demolish De Bruyne today. Raked studs down the Achilles, please. (Canada has Belgium in the ground stage at WC.)

City are looking so much better than the rest of the league, their dominance if anything looks as though it's got greater , with our iffy form and the form of haaland

Nagelsmann might be in trouble – they won't tolerate a long winless run. Wonder how many games he has left. What a change from earlier in the season when Bayern looked unstoppable!

How is this even possible for this team to get blanked by Augsburg?

bayern.png

Last edited:
5 pts from 9 for Bournemouth under caretaker Gary O'Neil. Brentford, Leicester, Fulham, Southampton in the upcoming fixtures. He might land the job on a permanent basis if they can keep it up.

Meanwhile, Newcastle missing ASM - expect them to be targeting wingers/attacking midfielders next.

Poor Sadio, looks like the Liverpool curse is alive and well...

On a somewhat related note, Dortmund won the Ruhr derby and are now 3 points in front of Bayern. No way Bellingham will be sold in January if they have a genuine shot at the title. Would be a nice ending to his stint in Germany if they can pull this off.

Losing Palhinha and Nunes (and Sarabia who contributed 15 goals and 6 assists while on loan from PSG last season) is a really bit hit for Amorim. No wonder they are 8 pts off the leaders, languishing in midtable.

Palhinha will be a huge miss against Newcastle - suspended due to 5 yellow cards (in 7 games ! ) Wonder if he was on our radar given we were tracking the likes of Nunez, Diaz (and Nunes)

Noticed Tete has 3 assists from 5 starts too. Maybe they were right not to splash the cash on Williams.

Last edited:
I forgot how we did in corners under Rodgers. Were we as bad?

I remember dreading every corner and free-kick during Rodgers's reign. We blamed hapless defenders and Mignolet, but it clearly had a systemic element as well. We always looked nervous defending set pieces.

Leicester would certainly be an interesting squad to look at whilst things are going badly. Maddison, Barnes, Tielemans, double barrel name guy. We definitely need 2-3 mids next season and not necessarily top level guys.

Reactions: jan
That was an unbelievable match. For long spells of the first half, Leicester was the better team. And then, typical of a Rodgers’s team, it concedes and concedes again. And it doesn’t stop conceding. Rodgers, now him I can’t figure out any more.

That was an unbelievable match. For long spells of the first half, Leicester was the better team. And then, typical of a Rodgers’s team, it concedes and concedes again. And it doesn’t stop conceding. Rodgers, now him I can’t figure out any more.

i think he knows how to coach two thirds of football

He's been well and truly found out. Not sure where he goes from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom