• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Our biggest threat this season?

Prefix for Poll Threads

Who will be our strongest rival in the EPL this season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spurs are incapable of coming back when they fall behind. Not a championship winning mentality. Nor do they play the attacking football necessary. Counter attacking football is great until you fall behind in a game. And then what? Spurs haven't got an answer.

Make no mistake, our only 2 rivals this year are:

1) City - they have the manager and the players (when Aguero is fit), and the ability to win 10 games in a row. Belief isn't flowing right now, but if they find themselves 2nd at the end of Jan, with only 5 points between us, they'll think why not.

2) United - now, now, contain your laughter, they're complete outsiders (as I suspect they win drop points over Xmas), but they have shown some mettle in coming back to win games they've been shite in. We still have to play them twice, so if they some how sorted their home form and put a run together like the end of last season. With no Europe to focus on (EL will be sacrificed), they're capable of putting together a run.

Actually, the more I think about it, the more it's obvious that only City are our main rivals. That's the only team we really should be concerned about dropping points/belief each week.

No way Ole is sacrificing EL. He’ll go all out to win it. They won’t be near us by April.

Read that Solskjaer's PL record in 2020 is joint 2nd with Guardiola (61% win percentage, 2.03 points per game). Klopp is top with 71% win percentage, 2.31 points per game. Could be because of fixtures though.

All the others will eventually fall awayinc Spurs, Leicester, Chelsea and United..
It'll be city again as main rivals we just gotta hope they too will fall away as the season goes on

All the others will eventually fall awayinc Spurs, Leicester, Chelsea and United..
It'll be city again as main rivals we just gotta hope they too will fall away as the season goes on
They already have. We just need to match them from here on in...

They already have. We just need to match them from here on in...

yep if we at least match city til Feb when we play them, a win gives a tasty 8 point cushion.

they are looking hard to beat but will struggle when CL returns so just need to keep the gap before that.

yep if we at least match city til Feb when we play them, a win gives a tasty 8 point cushion.

they are looking hard to beat but will struggle when CL returns so just need to keep the gap before that.

Bit scary this season - now they are on the same level as us on points after they beat us two seasons ago and eventually went onto win the title, I keep thinking - I just wish we had got the wins at Fulham and Brighton, but - we have been here before (or something like it) - where it all goes down to the game between us and them, and then they go onto a winning run. The good thing is - our game against them is at home, so hoping we can beat them and match them. The good news is - there wins are not by those large margins like they use to be.

But they have fallen away from us. They're playing catch up and hoping we fuck up

We just need to make sure we don't

I guess I don’t see 5 pts as fallen away at all. I’d see it starting at 8pt.

City are obviously our main rivals, kinda strange that anyone would think it's anyone else. 5 points is not a lot, we should well know this, although this City side are a lesser version of the side from two years ago, we all know they're capable of going on a run and putting the squeeze on us. They're working towards that game in Feb, we just need to keep winning.

City are obviously our main rivals, kinda strange that anyone would think it's anyone else. 5 points is not a lot, we should well know this, although this City side are a lesser version of the side from two years ago, we all know they're capable of going on a run and putting the squeeze on us. They're working towards that game in Feb, we just need to keep winning.

I think when the vote initially took place they were in a massive slump (for them)

They've still got enough in the tank to challenge, but so do spurs

14 games in and we're discussing the title race...
West ham are technically in the title race atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom