• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Our biggest threat this season?

Prefix for Poll Threads

Who will be our strongest rival in the EPL this season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have not been scoring for a while, but we just need to get our own act together and this will go to the wire.

Yes, the excuses are starting to run out now. There's only so long we can peddle the idea of the gruelling season, no fans, etc, etc. Not saying they haven't been issues, but other teams are overcoming them.

We shouldn't be relying on new signings to keep us in a title race when we walked it last year. I hope we haven't accepted getting in the top four since the CB's went down, because I believe this group is still more than capable of moving ahead of the pack. This is the first time I've doubted this squad's mentally capacity to adapt and overcome. The attack needs to improve and fast. They need to play closer together, work at a unit, and learn to break down teams intent on disciplined defending.

Hopefully the renewed threat of United and City will spark some life into them. Stay as they are, and they'll be lucky to be in the Europa League.

EsTz7oCXMAAD8SI

Well, aren't we lucky the premier league doesn't run from 1st to 21st January, then

Could have done one of those for December showing Spurs near the bottom, or for November with Scum down there, or even October with City fighting relegation. Teams have dips, we're having a dip, its shit, but it doesn't make us relegation fodder

Last edited:
Injuries to key players for city and Leicester could play into our hands..

It ain't over yet.. keep the faith..

80 - 82 points will win you the league this season. We just need to get back on a winning run.. This side is capable of that

Jota coming back needed.. Origi needs to be sold

I complained the other week we didn't have enough ballers in the side.. last night line up was overkill in that department.. we lacked proven goal scorers..

Balance was all wrong.. Klopp needs to find that balance..

Having fabinho and in some instances Henderson in defence is killing us in midfield..

In theory drop another 9 -10 points and we aren then out of it.. we have to also win all our key games against the Top 6 to keep with the pack..

Winning 6 of the next 7 is an absolute must.. 4 of them are against key players in this race

Do that we can reassess our options..

Potentially we could be there or thereabouts at the end of February

Last edited:
It’s funny how United didn’t even seem a viable enough option to include in the poll at the time I made it. Conversely, no one thinks Chelsea have a shot at the title now - just goes to show how crazy this season has been.

It’s funny how United didn’t even seem a viable enough option to include in the poll at the time I made it. Conversely, no one thinks Chelsea have a shot at the title now - just goes to show how crazy this season has been.
And in mid December Spurs were "out of it"

I originally said Chelsea. And I was wrong and man enough to admitt it... Our Biggest Threat This Season is FSG and their total lack of investment in the club...
Klopp has tried to defend them, claiming that he does not need players when he did.

The CB Debacle has forced Klopp to speak out about the lack of funds to invest in players under FSG

One of our greatest managers, let down by owners that do not understand the way football works. I wonder If choosing to speak out now, if \klopp is concidering his place at LFC, and if he will choose to walk away...

FSG are asset rich but cash poor. Arsenal borrowed 10s of millions at 0.5% or something as a rate.
For what ever reason they don't want to borrow anymore money

FSG are asset rich but cash poor. Arsenal borrowed 10s of millions at 0.5% or something as a rate.
For what ever reason they don't want to borrow anymore money

There is criteria to get that loan and is repayable in May. I don’t think getting a centre half in meets the criteria.

I originally said Chelsea. And I was wrong and man enough to admitt it... Our Biggest Threat This Season is FSG and their total lack of investment in the club...
Klopp has tried to defend them, claiming that he does not need players when he did.

The CB Debacle has forced Klopp to speak out about the lack of funds to invest in players under FSG

One of our greatest managers, let down by owners that do not understand the way football works. I wonder If choosing to speak out now, if \klopp is concidering his place at LFC, and if he will choose to walk away...

Glad I'm finally "man enough" to put this stupid cunt on permanent ignore

I’ve never put any user on ignore. I’m not going to do it now considering the sites imminent death.

Well in that case, there's no money and the payment terms on a loan are awful then we just grin and bear it.

It was one of those Covid support loans to help with temporary cash flow issues. They’ll have to repay out of their league prize money.

I didn't vote, but I said at the start of the season that however inept Lampard is, Chelsea have too much quality to fail. So what do we know?

As for Klopp, it's baffling why FSG haven't backed us when we most need it. If we can't rely on them to keep us where we are having won the title, then they really don't understand how quickly things can turn on their head in football.

If Klopp were to walk away for that reason, they should be put under massive scrutiny, regardless of how successful their blueprint has been so far, there are quite a few times when they have failed to give us a leg up.

Yeah, what have FSG ever done for the club!?

What FSG has done they have done for themselves, It is just pure coincidence that it has benefited us at times. Any other club who won the CL,Super Cup,WCC and The Title would have seen the owners invest heavily in players... Do we see this from FSG..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom