• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Our biggest threat this season?

Prefix for Poll Threads

Who will be our strongest rival in the EPL this season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is true, but it is all negated by the fact that any view from Donavan IS ALWAYS wrong

I guess we will find out more about the Klopp era and his (and our) future over the course of this season. If we fail spectacularly, as I said earlier it can be attributed to a number of factors.

• a horrendous bad run of injuries and illness
  • a lack of investment in key areas, at key times - a lack of an experienced centre half will cost us once the CL starts again
  • natural decline of some - arguably Firmino and maybe even Salah. While Trent and others have stagnated
  • an alarming lack of a "plan B" - When we look bereft of ideas, we really do look like we have nowhere else to go. Toss in cross after cross and hope for the best is seemingly Klopp's answer to his team lacking purpose
  • A few years of sheer intensity seems to be taking it's toll, I guess that's natural as it's not sustainable, but it might be time for more fresh blood and/or a rethink.
  • Our players have now won what most players strive for in their career - a league title and a European Cup - for some there's almost an air of "job done" and that's often a tell tale sign that a rebuild is on the horizon

What FSG has done they have done for themselves, It is just pure coincidence that it has benefited us at times.

I don't even know where to start. If FSG do well on the business side, chances are the club will do well on the pitch. If they're doing well on the pitch, success financially will follow.

They rescued the club from Hicks and Gillette, saving us from spiralling into oblivion, they restructured the club and facilities, set up a top class recruitment system, invested in a state of the art training complex, expanded the stadium, brought in Klopp who brought in a 6th CL and first league title in 30 years.

But yeah, all that's just a coincidence and they're sponging from the club.

I guess we will find out more about the Klopp era and his (and our) future over the course of this season. If we fail spectacularly, as I said earlier it can be attributed to a number of factors.

• a lack of investment in key areas, at key times - a lack of an experienced centre half will cost us once the CL starts again
  • natural decline of some - arguably Firmino and maybe even Salah. While Trent and others have stagnated
  • an alarming lack of a "plan B" - When we look bereft of ideas, we really do look like we have nowhere else to go. Toss in cross after cross and hope for the best is seemingly Klopp's answer to his team lacking purpose
  • A few years of sheer intensity seems to be taking it's toll, I guess that's natural as it's not sustainable, but it might be time for more fresh blood and/or a rethink.
  • Our players have now won what most players strive for in their career - a league title and a European Cup - for some there's almost an air of "job done" and that's often a tell tale sign that a rebuild is on the horizon

Not to go all Blue Fume, but I'd include horrendous, incompetent and/or biased officiating.

I don't even know where to start. If FSG do well on the business side, chances are the club will do well on the pitch. If they're doing well on the pitch, success financially will follow.

They rescued the club from Hicks and Gillette, saving us from spiralling into oblivion, they restructured the club and facilities, set up a top class recruitment system, invested in a state of the art training complex, expanded the stadium, brought in Klopp who brought in a 6th CL and first league title in 30 years.

Apart from all that!

I think the luck balancing out over 2 seasons I'm ok with. We had no injuries last season and won our first title in 30 years. If we get van Dijk back fit then the end of the season we could still finish strongly.

I think the luck balancing out over 2 seasons I'm ok with. We had no injuries last season and won our first title in 30 years. If we get van Dijk back fit then the end of the season we could still finish strongly.

I can live with this season being a wash in exchange for last season - but only if this one is a blip as we remain at/near the top. The precipitous drop off for many of our key players is concerning. Having tasted the heights, I'm not ready for us to go back to permanently slumming with the masses yet.

They rescued the club from Hicks and Gillette, saving us from spiralling into oblivion, they restructured the club and facilities, set up a top class recruitment system, invested in a state of the art training complex, brought in Klopp who brought in a 6th CL and first league title in 30 years.

FSG are doing well on the business side, and we are not see that reflexed in transfer fund. As I stated the money from the CL,Super Cup WCC and winning the Title
How much of that money was released to Klopp...?

Expanded the stadium... Where did the money for that come from...and How much intrest is being charge..?

Top class recruitment system...The Transfer Committee

You they bought the club, and yes, we were heading into (as you put it) oblivion. But you seem to believe that they did this out of kindness or love of LFC. They saw that there was a money making investment to be had, and that is why the bought the club. We would not have Alisson, and maybe even VVD if not for Coutinho.
And Yes Coutinho would not have been here if not for Klopp

Klopp a manager that has worked wonders, and yet the moment he needs backing in the transfer market where are the owners..??

I want to change my answer to "whoever is in charge of transfers". Not having a defender ready to come in January 1 has cost us.

Liverpool’s fixture list over the next month:
Spurs (a)
West Ham (a)
Brighton (h)
Man City (h)
Leicester (a)
Leipzig (a)
Everton (h)

Liverpool’s fixture list over the next month:
Spurs (a)
West Ham (a)
Brighton (h)
Man City (h)
Leicester (a)
Leipzig (a)
Everton (h)

Pretty tough. Brighton the only game that is easy.
However, we do better when teams try to play, so who knows what comes out of this.

Does this include that Pat sealed and approved 'easy win' over Leipzig? Because you know ... it's CL ... ;-)

Oh, I just saw 7 games and assumed they were all league without looking at the teams... 3 points.

Second leg of CL will be a dead rubber. Because Leipzig will have built up an unassailable lead.

Unless we buy a cb, I just think it will take too much "perfection" (be it performances, be it injury luck going forward, be it var being impartial etc) with the current squad. Just dont see it ... it sucks, but I hope we have enough to finish 4th ... that is key

My prediction for Chelsea is that all that turbulence around the new signings coupled with pressure to make them work will prove too much for Frank. He'll struggle to make a cohesive whole out of all the new parts and will be one of the first managerial casualties of this season.
rurikbird, Sep 10, 2020

Predictions are generally not my strong point, but I'm pleased to have gotten this one right.

Last edited:
Unless we buy a cb, I just think it will take too much "perfection" (be it performances, be it injury luck going forward, be it var being impartial etc) with the current squad. Just dont see it ... it sucks, but I hope we have enough to finish 4th ... that is key

From a practical point of view it would make sense to start bringing in players now, because in the summer we're going to be faced with the reality of having to replace half the team. We needed another CB before having to rely on Matip being fit (which we can't), so that'll be two we need; Gini is probably going, Milner will be 60, Keita and Ox are both dead, and then realistically we'd have to cash in on any of the front three if we're intending on using them to bring in Mbappe. I know we might have one or two youngsters playing a bigger part next season but if we sign everyone in one go we're taking another risk of them not bedding in as a team in time. Assuming, of course, we are allowed to sign players in the summer.

Yes, midfield needs an overhaul, so the smart thing would be to bring in one now in this window, along with a center back of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom