• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Palace up bid.. £30m for Benteke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Palace have officially bid 25m for Benteke. Bascombe claiming clubs in discussions and move close.

Palace could be very good with a big man upfront. They are doing pretty well considering they don't have any decent strikers.

Hold out for 30.

I can see him going for £28-29 mill. Then Palace can say they didn't pay the 30 and we can say it's as near as makes no difference.

Palace bid have been rejected acc the Echo. With the opening bid being 25 mill a deal will probably be done closer to 30 mill.
Didnt expect us to get that back for him.

Cue goals against us next season...

That's always been the risk with Benteke. Despite accusations to the contrary he does have ability, and he roughed us up for Villa before we signed him. That's a risk we have to take, because it just hasn't worked out for him at LFC.

Indeed, rather Palace then any of the top 6 though.

That said, they're building a decent side.

I'd like to keep hold of Benteke unless we get closer to the 35-40M mark. And we know Palace have that kind of money to spend.

Having him adds a unique dimension to our attack that we won't be able to really find anywhere else. Without him, we suddenly have a bunch of players with the same skillset.

I'm not surprised, we've only put about 10 miles on the clock since we got him.

Not a bad fee, I hope he goes for his sake. Good luck to the lad, you know he'll fuck us over when we play them.

When you see the likes of Troy Deeney and Ighalo commanding bids of over 30 mil, that twat Dwight Gayle going for decent money, and every other fecker out there going for at least ten million, then you'd expect at least 30 mil for Benteke.

He was never worth the fee we paid for him, in the first place, but my goodness if the transfer market hasn't gone mad! He'll thrive at Palace, too, as that is his level where he won't consistently facing bunker down teams.

Holding out for 30 million + is the right decision. .

Proven premiership goalscorer they certainly don't come cheap...

Take Troy Deaney for example... If he can fetch over 20 million then Benteke is worth much more..

The first bid was 25 mill so it obvious that they will pay close to the asking price.
Good move for him and us.

I think 25M is about right for him. He is so one dimensional as a player and has shown he really cannot adapt to Klopp's style - seriously we should just take the money and sell. Sell him and just get Hal Robson-Kanu.

I'd like to keep hold of Benteke unless we get closer to the 35-40M mark. And we know Palace have that kind of money to spend.

Having him adds a unique dimension to our attack that we won't be able to really find anywhere else. Without him, we suddenly have a bunch of players with the same skillset.
FFS ! Stop smoking that shit !

Everyone is forgetting, if we accept the bid, he still may decide he doesn't want to go to Palace.

With him we effectively have the same bunch of players, because he's rarely produced for us and is never going to do so anything like consistently enough. And there's no way on this planet we're going to get more than we paid for him, unless the Chinese come in with a bid.

Everyone is forgetting, if we accept the bid, he still may decide he doesn't want to go to Palace.

He already agreed personal terms with Palace, according to the press. I don't expect any problems from his side - he wants to play and knows he's not in Klopp's plans.

Personally I think we should accept the £25m for Benteke. However if we get £28-29m what a result.

He already agreed personal terms with Palace, according to the press. I don't expect any problems from his side - he wants to play and knows he's not in Klopp's plans.
That's if the press is to be believed, however if he hasn't, maybe he's aiming for a team in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom