• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pepe as our second choice keeper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modo

A contentious scando
After the game:

"For generations we've been fighting for this title and we couldn't make it when I was here.

"But they fully deserve it and for the last three or four seasons they have been fantastic.

"And I am very happy for the Liverpool supporters."

Are you sure he wasn’t talking about arsenal getting into the top half of the table?
You gotta let that go. He was dicked around by the manager at the time and honestly we were a sinking ship. All of the players he joined with had already left.

Last edited:
Can't stand the bald Spanish fraud. Wanted to fuck off to Arsenal when the going got tough at Liverpool and his Spanish mates were leaving the Club. Look at goals we conceded from 2010-2013, and you'd discover he wasn't this great keeper alot of people seemed to think he was.

He also flirted with the idea of joining Man Utd.

He had been shit for about 2 or 3 years by the time he left, and he's only gotten older and worse.

Thanks for the good years and all that, but stay well away.

Can somebody clarify, does the 'fuck him he wanted to jump ship to Arsenal' rule apply to Suarez too or just Pepe? Or is it like the 'fuck him he went to Barca' rule which applies to Masher and Coutinho but not Suarez.

Can somebody clarify, does the 'fuck him he wanted to jump ship to Arsenal' rule apply to Suarez too or just Pepe? Or is it like the 'fuck him he went to Barca' rule which applies to Masher and Coutinho but not Suarez.
Let's not forget Stevie to Chelsea...

I wouldn't mind him back. He'd be better than Adrian, and still has natural sweeper keeper instincts.

Maybe as third choice, if he came on the cheap. Hasn't even been a regular for this trash Villa side with Heaton out injured. And those celebrations he did when Spain had won the Euros and World Cup were annoying and shit

Stay clear. He's shite these days, and the whole flirting with Utd and Arsenal stuff is still there.

Do we desperately need a new second choice keeper right now? And if so do we want one who is nearly 38?

We do because we’re out of the European cup because Adrian is crap. But we need better than Reina.

We do because we’re out of the European cup because Adrian is crap. But we need better than Reina.

Yes, that's true enough.

When was the last time we actually had a good second choice keeper? They're never great. The ones who are there for back up rather than former first choice ones who haven't left yet

A bit controversial no doubt but I reckon that even Karius would be better back up than Adrian.
They are both capable of complete howlers at any time but at least Karius's distribution with his feet is normally better that Adrian's, which is an important aspect to our play.
We need better than both as back up I think

A bit controversial no doubt but I reckon that even Karius would be better back up than Adrian.
They are both capable of complete howlers at any time but at least Karius's distribution with his feet is normally better that Adrian's, which is an important aspect to our play.
We need better than both as back up I think
Controversial? Contr-fucking-versial? That's not controversial Count, that's insanity.......give yerself a slap.

You gotta let that go. He was dicked around by the manager at the time and honestly we were a sinking ship. All of the players he joined with had already left.
Hang on, is Modo telling someone to let it go?

This truly is the end of days.

Controversial? Contr-fucking-versial? That's not controversial Count, that's insanity.......give yerself a slap.
Perhaps it is the case that the less they play the better they get but I really don't trust Adrian at all.
As I said, in my opinion we need a better back up than both.

Yeah people are quick to forget how disastrously bad Karius is, as well as the fact Adrian did a more than decent job early on in the season. I don't particularly rate him, but he's well fucking better than that other clown.
I think Karius suffers somewhat because his disasters were in such a high profile game.
He always looked ropy prior to that but I cannot remember too many outright howlers thought there were plenty of "he should have saved that" goals conceded.
Adrian hasn't had such a high profile disaster but he certainly tried in the games against Atletico and Chelsea.
If anything he has conceded as much if not even more "he should have saved that" goals than Karius and I think that at his best at the start of the season, he was still only decent.
Anyways, I really don't want either them as backup keeper and am probably splitting hairs on who is least suitable to play for us.

I think Karius suffers somewhat because his disasters were in such a high profile game.
He always looked ropy prior to that but I cannot remember too many outright howlers thought there were plenty of "he should have saved that" goals conceded.
Adrian hasn't had such a high profile disaster but he certainly tried in the games against Atletico and Chelsea.
If anything he has conceded as much if not even more "he should have saved that" goals than Karius and I think that at his best at the start of the season, he was still only decent.
Anyways, I really don't want either them as backup keeper and am probably splitting hairs on who is least suitable to play for us.

Besides the obvious, I recall Karius costing us in that 4-3 loss against Bournemouth, and nearly flapping one in against Roma.

Adrian has cost us a few goals, true, but he has made some great saves and rescued us on a few occasions.

I can't really ever recall Karius making any good saves. He never really made those saves you wouldn't expect an average keeper to make, as well as letting in some absolute howlers.

Let's not forget what he did to our backline. They rightly shat themselves whenever he was behind them. He's a fucking liability. I'd throw Achterberg and Lonergan between the sticks before that hipster, Instagram tart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom