• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PEPE

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's very much the type of player we usually sign, value & age wise, & we are desperate for another player who can replace the front three.

Salah played 37 games last season, we cannot expect that to be the norm, it just isn't. We need to be able to rotate players, esp during game heavy periods. It's easy to argue had we been able to bring on a top quality forward in those few games we drew all in a cluster that we'd have won at least one, which would have given us the title (easier to say with hindsight, but the point stands).

It's just that whole always drags back onto his left foot thing. He looks ace in the video but I can see every defender in this league being all over that.

He's very much the type of player we usually sign, value & age wise, & we are desperate for another player who can replace the front three.

Salah played 37 games last season, we cannot expect that to be the norm, it just isn't. We need to be able to rotate players, esp during game heavy periods. It's easy to argue had we been able to bring on a top quality forward in those few games we drew all in a cluster that we'd have won at least one, which would have given us the title (easier to say with hindsight, but the point stands).

No we definitely need this type of signing, just not convinced we're in for him yet as all the sources are a bit dodgy.

This guy has the Hazard about him. Sign him and the title is ours. Man City can go fuck themselves, they aint winning shit next season.

Why are we spending 80m+ on a 24 year old with 1 good season?

Thought we were passed Stewart downing signings

Anyone that expects more than 97 pts is nuts.

If we get that again next season I’ll gave zero complaints.

I just hope that we beat City home and away and that they wobble elsewhere

Completely ridiculous. The Firm is NEVER correct. Pepe is not joining us. He's replacing Arjen Robben at Bayern. His favorite English club is Chelsea, who do need him. He will not join another English club. We are not signing another African player. Anyway we don't need him, and we have no space for him. He doesn't track back and we are not spending 80 m on a 25yo backup and fuck I hope this anti-jinx shit works.

Last edited:
Anyone that expects more than 97 pts is nuts.

If we get that again next season I’ll gave zero complaints.

I just hope that we beat City home and away and that they wobble elsewhere
I don't expect more than 97 points.

The draws I referenced being turned into wins with an extra top quality forward option on the bench are actually, imo, more likely consistently to get than some of the points we got in other games (Pickford off the bar & Origi, Lloris practically lashing one into the net etc) which were more just bending games & players to our sheer will with tenacity & determination.

We should be able to get 90+ points though, simply by virtue of us having so many of the best players in the league in the side & in many seasons that will be enough, which would mean it's about taking points off City first & foremost & possibly against one of the other sides who come through to challenge the top (spurs most likely be could well be one of the others)

The draws I referenced being turned into wins with an extra top quality forward option on the bench are actually, imo, more likely consistently to get than some of the points we got in other games (Pickford off the bar & Origi, Lloris practically lashing one into the net etc) which were more just bending games & players to our sheer will with tenacity & determination.

We should be able to get 90+ points though, simply by virtue of us having so many of the best players in the league in the side & in many seasons that will be enough, which would mean it's about taking points off City first & foremost & possibly against one of the other sides who come through to challenge the top (spurs most likely be could well be one of the others)

If we had turned one of those draws into wins there is absolutely no guarantee we would have finished with 97 never mind 99 though.

The pressure of leading got to us. As soon as we were chasing we won every game.

I don’t think another attacker would have changed it.

Hopefully the CL win will give the squad more belief if we are in a similar position next season

Yeah, no way we're getting 97 points, but can see us taking points off City.

With what is at stake in those games I can see both teams taking the Charity shield relatively seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom