• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Poll: Will Newcastle go down this season?

Prefix for Poll Threads

Will Newcastle go down?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They could buy an 'on the fringes of England' team, a number of which would jump at the chance to move and play first team footy to play at the next world cup. Sterling, Ox, Lingard, Barkley, Loftus-Cheek. etc.

Just had a look at Newcastle's fixtures until end of the year. If they fail to win those 6 pointers vs. Norwich and Burnley, they'll be in deep trouble.

Brentford (H)
Arsenal (A)
Norwich (H)
Burnley (H)
Leicester (A)
Liverpool (A)
Man City (H)
Man Utd (H)
Everton (A)

The thing is, bringing in a bunch of expensive misfits from other clubs in January to save a club from relegation might not work - in fact it could speed up their slide into the abyss. The likes of Coutinho and Dembele would be the worst possible buys for a relegation scrap, this will be like Fulham a few years ago when they went down meekly after heavily investing in the likes of Jean-Michael Seri, Anguissa, Schurrle, Ryan Babel and even Markovic, I think. Their best bet is probably someone like Fat Sam or… Steve Bruce.
Coutinho would be the star and would flourish im sure.

I think they will stay up, mainly because staying up isn't about being good it's about being less horrendous than 3 other teams. I'd be amazed if they dont bring in a few high calibre loan players on bonuses to keep them in the division. If they can stay within 9 points of 17th then they should just about scrape it.

Right now they’re the worst side, only side winless so which 3 are going to be worst then them come May?

Now we know their manager will be Howe and not Conte like everyone shat themselves thinking it would be I don’t see realistically how they can survive.

Newcastle have confirmed the appointment of Eddie Howe as their manager.

Norwich: New manager bounce. Just got their first win.
Burnley: Sean Dyche has made a pact with the devil.
Aston Villa: New manager bounce AND plenty of money as well. Ings will be back, and Buendia and Bailey aren't that shit.
Watford: Ranieri Bounce.
Leeds: Getting better and will improve even more once Bamford is back.
Brentford: Are a good team.

Of these, I can only see Watford, Norwich and Burnley beating Newcastle to the drop.

Not sure about Leeds. Bielsa has brought the absolute best out of what's actually not that good a squad, and may be reaching his/their limit.

Still reckon Newcastle could well end up in the relegation mix as I'm also not sure Eddie Howe's Bournemouth heroics will prove to be transferable elsewhere.

Finally. Won 90 quid on those fucks appointing Eddie.

& Skybet have already cheekily put him to get sacked before Christmas 50/1

They’re linked with Phil Jones and Thomas Strakoshka ffs, they’re 100% going down.

The best player I see them getting this Jan is someone like Harry Winks on loan

Quite a few Bournemouth boys indeed (Ritchie, Wilson too).

:eek: If the players finished off the chances Ritchie created

I hadn't noticed that they haven't won yet this season. Savage. I wonder if Howe will go back to his safe space and try to play Fraser + Wilson.

A month on and still winless in the league, any of those that voted no want to change their minds?

Newcastle are down unless they overhaul their defence and midfield in January.

Can't see many decent players being keen to join them. The risk of dropping down to the Championship is very real.

Can't see many decent players being keen to join them. The risk of dropping down to the Championship is very real.

True, but as long as the other teams don’t pull away too much, Newcastle still have a chance, and at least they have the option of trying to throw money at the problem in January. That alone gives them a fighting chance.

They'll be offered fat wedges to sign along with relegation clauses letting them out of the contract. 6 months of top pay sounds good to me.

Hell, that's why I do contract work in rural and remote towns.

I voted no but I am rethinking now. I thought the takeover would give them some spirit or momentum but that hasn't happened. No wins in 13 games, only 6 points on the board. They have Burnley and Norwich next. If they fail to put a win on the board in these two games, going to be very tricky to avoid relegation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom